1 (edited by TeecTac 2012-07-25 21:17:30)

Topic: Teeworlds statistics

Hi,

I've done some work to display statistics on teeworlds tees, clans and servers.
It's here :

http://www.teeworlds-stats.info/

Edit : The server hosting the statistics database is under severe overload, I've had to shut it down.
It's been a few minutes since I have closed access to the stats and it's still processing...

Edit 2 : The stats are working again, but i'm afraid I can't give public access unless overloading problems are adressed sad

Edit 3 : I implemented additional optimizations, let's try now.

Developper of teeworlds-stats.info

Re: Teeworlds statistics

wow  great work. Thank you. It's excellent.

But... what if we tried more power?

Wow!
That's looking great. Well done!

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Nice!
Great work TeecTac!

Nice!!!

visit our clan!
=Eagle=

6 (edited by Nitro 2012-07-25 13:30:17)

Nice big_smile

What happen if 2 players have the same name? ò_ô

really really cool!!!

WOW, that page is really awesome.
Thank you, tee.

+100! yikes
The most awesome tool I ever saw on this forum!
The design is incredible and the tool works perfectly! yikes
It just needs a background!
I might make a vid about this webpage. yikes

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

10 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2012-07-25 15:00:43)

I'm very impressed! Maybe you could make country statistics big_smile

Once in a century...

Doesn't work for me :

When i search for " oaky' " it says:  This player does not exist, try one of the following :

→  oaky'

and when i click the link nothin happens..

but it's a very nice tool!

12 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2012-07-25 15:46:00)

Make sure you type in your nick exactly like it is (with all the special characters,acsented letters etc..)

Haha now nobody is safe. You can view anyone's statistics smile

P.S. DDoS much?? You guys! big_smile

Once in a century...

13 (edited by oaký' 2012-07-25 15:45:36)

... do you really think i am too dumb to write my own name?
i also tried the write just a part of your name and see the suggestions thing.. same with searching my clan and clicking on my name there..
This player does not exist, try one of the following :
→  oaky'

PS: my forum name is with ý, but my ingame name with normal y, that's not the problem..

The clan statistics don't work for me, it's loading for too long and it ends up displaying an error page.

DARK HUNTER wrote:

P.S. DDoS much?? You guys! big_smile

Exactly, you tees put my server on its knees ! :@

Does this tool records the master servers? Because of most visited servers o.o

I have the same problem oaky, but i am able to get to my profile threw my clantag.

Oh, nice. Good work.

18 (edited by cris272 2012-07-26 10:17:24)

Really nice tool.
I dont understand how can you get stats for player ?

Edit : Teeworlds servers are looked up every 5 minutes to gather data about players, clans, mods, etc...
Results are displayed on demand in a 4 days window. ok smile

It looks and works good now, although it still seems to have some problems with an apostrophe ( ' ). I tried to look for a clan that contains this symbol and I have the same problem as oaky.

It's a really nice and interesting tool anyway smile

Rea-a-a-a-alyyyy nice work! +++!

Have fun!
NOW: working on fwrace_beta_v02a, a-ctf2

Oh my gosh! That's fckng awesome! yikes

22 (edited by Zatline 2012-07-26 12:55:32)

Well done! D:

Edit: Can you add K/D?

Maybe you can add Country and Mod statistics: Like what what mods and on what maps do players from this country usually play on. And how many players are from that country.
Or for mods: What are the top maps for that mod and and what countries and clans usually play that mod.

Once in a century...

DARK HUNTER wrote:

Maybe you can add Country and Mod statistics: Like what what mods and on what maps do players from this country usually play on. And how many players are from that country.
Or for mods: What are the top maps for that mod and and what countries and clans usually play that mod.

This was the original design, but I had to drop country and mod statistics because of performance problems.

At the beginning, there was only one table without index, containing the following fields :
- current date
- player name
- player country
- clan
- server
- score
- mod
- map

However, computing histograms from this structure has proven excessively long to perform, even though the SQL requests were optimized.
For instance, computing the histogram of mods for a particular player reads « SELECT count(*),mod FROM table WHERE playername='...' GROUP BY  mod LIMIT 8 »
As a result, I duplicated this table three times, each with a different index field (player, clan and server). This is called vertical partitionning.

Following this, the site was published in the forum and the SQL server began to overload.
I've had to shut down the access to the site. Yet 2 min later, SQL requests were still being processed.

At last, I ended up implementing three more tables for caching. They look like this :
- player (primary key)
- timestamp
- histogram1
- histogram2
- serverlist
This is used to cache requests : if the timestamp is more recent than 5mins ago then it is used, otherwise the histograms are computed and cached.

In addition to all this, the cache size of MySQL InnoDB tables was increased to 300MB so that most of the db stays in RAM (its ~ 400MB).

If in spite of everything you manage to overload the server, then I'm out of ideas hmm
Of course, it would be interesting to add more stats and i'm open to suggestions but they need to come with the corresponding kickass computation algorithms wink

25 (edited by Dune 2012-07-26 14:12:24)

Zatline wrote:

Well done! D:

Edit: Can you add K/D?

These are just stats retrieved from server info (what you can see in the server browser). They don't include kills, deaths and such stats.

Not Luck, Just Magic.