1 (edited by Teeworls 2012-07-06 20:58:23)

Topic: Immediate assistance to Iranians

hi
How can I make the master server
Iran, the Internet has become a national and not anyone else in this game
If Biden can remember the master server to play
If not, the Iranians have to do with this game goodbye
Please help us get
We have a passion for this game
Thanks
Rajai, Iran
e-mail :
gilsefidi@yahoo.com

Re: Immediate assistance to Iranians

Hi,
I don't know if I got this right. You're saying that the serverlist takes long to load/doesn't load completely?
I don't think a masterserver in Iran would help with that. When requesting the server list only a tiny fraction of the packets come from the masterservers (usually around 5 packets), the rest goes directly to the servers themselves.
If your connection to most of the servers is bad (they're mostly in central europe) the list will load only slowly.

3 (edited by Teeworls 2012-07-06 21:14:56)

I mean you understand me
Internet in Iran's isolation from world
It means we cant have access to game servers
We need to bite the master server
like : master1.teeworlds.ir
but this not work
we need to bite the master server for work that

Iran, the world is separated from the Internet
We were not able to play
If you can learn how to master server Thank you

4 (edited by GBKing 2012-07-06 21:20:58)

Looks like you are restricted by your provider, you can connect to this server though, so where exactly are your restrictions? Please explain further! Can you see the servers in the list when you start the game? Can you not connect to them?

EDIT:
I researched a little and it does say that the internet is restricted in Iran at the moment, but only to servers that threaten the government. So what is this thing about gameservers?

Yes we can
The Internet in Iran is the separation
Likely. It is impossible to connect a few weeks
We want the world to our server from Iran
Now this server is connected to the IP
master1.teeworlds.com 67.215.65.132:8300
We are seeking to change this IP

6 (edited by GBKing 2012-07-06 21:51:22)

Sorry about that, but we don't have a server in Iran so just get one of your friends to host a masterserver  or host one yourself maybe?

I made myself an Iranian server
But still the master server uses to connect

So, if I get this right, what you are saying is this: In Iran, the internet will be separated/filtered from th rest of the world, so it will not be possible to connect to the master servers that are provided by the teeworlds team. Thus you will not be able to get the ips from game servers (even if they are hosted in Iran) and will not be able to connect/play. You want to know how to host a master server (in Iran) and how to configure your game server to use that master server, so people from inside Iran will be able to use it and play on it. Is that correct?

yea  correct

Oh my God...
I am living in Iran and so far I haven't encountered any restriction from government that would affect playing Teeworlds in anyway. Well the ping to almost all of foreign servers are beyond playable, and thus, the Iraninan servers.
I can not say enough how irritated I am with this whole filtering mess, but why would they filter the master servers of an online game? The master servers, all of them, are accessible from Iran. So what's wrong? Here is what I know:

Until a few weeks ago there were a few Iranian servers working and accessible from the master servers like any other server. They were all from a single IP and from port 8300 to 8309 IIRC. I don't know what happened back then but now they are on port 8000 to 8009 and they are only accessible by direct IP, i.e., they don't register to master servers.
I think there is something wrong with his/her server configuration (sv_register ?). Since he/she does not offer any way to contact him/her on the servers I couldn't contact him/her. Now that  I got his/her Email I will try to help solve this problem. And by the way my friend your English sucks which is a shame for the education system.

But... what if we tried more power?

Why would Iranian authorities block Teeworlds anyway... it's a silly little cartoon game. smile I don't think it spreads any anti-IR propaganda.

As far as I know it's not blocked. But it's not that they block every thing on purpose, They don't know what they're doing.
For example you can't search "muffin" in

http://aur.archlinux.org

I don't know what regular expression is matching

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?O=0&K=muffin&do_Search=Go 

but it get's blocked. You can search anything else and it will not get blocked but you can't search "muffin". How pathetic is that?

Good thing that archlinux has SSL too.

Yes, they can't figure out what's going on in a SSL connection and that drives them crazy, the only thing they can do about it is slowing down the whole SSL port to a point where it's not usable. It doesn't time out just keeps loading. When they do this some serious services like internet banking or gmail suffers too.