1 (edited by FireArrow 2008-04-02 20:27:27)

Topic: [MAP] Crossroads - CTF

This map was released as beta in 0.3.x, and now I have made some minor fixes and converted it to <= 0.4.0

Name: Crossroads
  Type: CTF
  Size: 3v3+
  Version: 0.4.x

Comment: This is a CTF map kind of the size of ctf2. The main idea is that both flags is placed in the middle, separated by a single tile thick "glass wall". The reason for the thin wall is to prevent camping against the wall with the flag. (You can deal quite some damage with a rocket from the other side of a camper)

There are two ways to get to the opponents side (and hopefully back with there flag). The upper way is a bit narrow, but faster if you have "teh skillz", while the lower way is wider and have some more armor and hearts.

Screenshot

Download

Please post feedback smile

Used to be very active waay back

Re: [MAP] Crossroads - CTF

nice map^^
it would be also a good Deth match...    big_smile

Please use an english signature //heinrich5991

yeah^^
that map rockZ

Sry if my language is bad >.<
im from germany:o

The map is as good as it used to be, but a background wouldn't hurt tongue

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

Feels more nicely balanced than ctf2 at least. Fun map to play on.

I especially like the placement of the laser, perfect in the middle in a spot anyone taking the supply route will pass smile.

The map does sort of give the runner an advantage with there being so much hearts and armor everywhere, so once the flag is taken it is very hard to take back. Still, it's not as bad as on ctf2. On this map there are several places where it actually makes sense to stand guard, which I think is very nice.

Crossroads updated.

See first post, or just join LAN-corps #Crossroads
(screenshot outdated)

The sun in the background has sort of a skewed shape, I don't really like that.

What do you mean? That the sun is unsymmetrical? I used the "square" function on it, so I'm sure I didn't do that at least...