Topic: teedb.info comeback

Hey guys.

As You surely noticed, the site teedb.info was offline for some time.
The reason was hard work on an update, which is done now.
In this update some rules related to user accounts have changed.
For that reason not all users could be transfered into the new database.
These users have now a chance to change their invalid logins in next 2 weeks.
The administrator has to delete users, who won't update them in this time.

You can find out, whether You are affected on http://teedb.info.ms/
There You also find the site, where You can update Your login.

Thank You and May the Force be with You.

Re: teedb.info comeback

Here some more information about the transfer.

The whole  uploads from users in the list with invalid usernames amounts to 312 files.
( These files will be removed if the owner won't change his username )

Most of these users have no uploads or only 1 - 2. These accounts i think were mainly created to try out the website, so to remove these users isn't a big loss.

But there are some users with like 30 quality uploads. (E.g. Flo*gV*)
The main Problem is most of them created their profiles years ago and I don't know if they are still active teeworlds players.

So this whole transfer step like "change your username" is maybe some kind of useless.

I don't really want to delete those files, but I have to.

There are also invalid uploads, like skins without exact size of 256x128.
After teedb goes back online, I will post here in the forum all the files which are removed from teedb, so they are not lost (maybe for ever).

To keep in mind:
TeeDB - Userlist
TeeDB - Change username

And at last but not least some previews of the new teedb.
Main

Skins

P.S.: We are using a new domain teedb.info.ms (I hope only for a while), because there are some problems to set the domain "teedb.info" to the new server.

---

At this point I also want to thank the hosters dani and kai for their great support and complitly free hosting service, so TeeDB can go on. Thank you guys. smile

gRüNeKuGeL wrote:

But there are some users with like 30 quality uploads. (E.g. Flo*gV*)
The main Problem is most of them created their profiles years ago and I don't know if they are still active teeworlds players.

So this whole transfer step like "change your username" is maybe some kind of useless.

I don't really want to delete those files, but I have to.

Why do you have to? I see no logical technical restrictions.

It's no rechnical restrictions. More like we decided to do so.

There are many young ppl which use a playername composed of many special characters,
copied out together of character tables.
This is only confusing and most of them you can't even read.

For the playernames ingame it might be ok, but as username for this site we want clear names without having to decode these names.

Names like Flo*gV* (I hope he doesn't mind if I always use his name as example) aren't the bad ones i am talking about. This name is fine, I can read it well and ... it's ok.
The really bad ones aren't even on the list.

We only wanted to restrict to names without specailchars and without exception by any specialchar.
That's why also names like Flo*gV* are now not acceptable.

what im much more worried about is if the page is still written extremly unsave like it was before?

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

The old teedb, was the first or second version I wrote for this project.
This is years ago. Since that I have developed a new version of the site, which was completly reworked again and again. Main reason because I was/am the only main coder for this site and web-technics developed faster than I did or let us say I learned new web-technics I also wanted to use. Thats also why it takes so long.

All in all: The new site has nothing to do with the old system. Every input will be validate. There are also full XSS and CSRF protections. So the site is written to be safe, but as it's always in comlex software: You can't verify that there aren't any bugs. Most there is always a bug, but I think these bugs are harmless and have no effect of any safety aspect.

Feel free to test site when its published. If you or everyone other find any bugs, let me know.
(Best way write it as issue on github)

To the name-restriction: Maybe we will allow some separator-chars, so users have some alternatives to CamelCase only and their names stay url-safe.

7 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:14:28)

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

8 (edited by kugel 2012-05-17 01:01:21)

TeePhoenix wrote:

If this is the correct link of the page: http://teedb.info.ms/ it doesnt work. Nothing happens (blank page with some Javascript)...

teedb.info.ms should redirect you to http://gsgstuffandfiles.netne.net

Which browser and browser version do you use?
Can you maybe post your user agent? (WhatsMyUserAgent)
E.g. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.168 Safari/535.19

If you use IE lower than version 7, the site will tell you to install chrome frame or to switch to a newer version.
(IE 9 or alternativ browsers like firefox, opera, google chrome)

9 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:14:21)

Deleted.

TeePhoenix wrote:

With Javascript!? This is bullshit and the worst possible way to redirect! Is it possible to edit the DNS entry to directly point to the correct server or even get a real domain? If this isnt possible, use HTTP redirection or at least meta tag redirection but NOT Javascript!

Why so upset? Nobody said that! As mentioned before the .info.ms is only a temporary domain till teedb.info is setup correctly (the "real" domain you are talking about).   
If you don't know: The .info.ms domains are a free service from www.cydots.com and have nothing to do with the site hosting. I don't know which problems you have with this domains to get that blank page, but when you can see the site correctly by the direct url, it seems that it's a bug or what ever from cydots.   

TeePhoenix wrote:

Now I see a brown background with a status report about the teedb page and a list of usernames, is this all that should appear? I also cant do anything.

Have you read dimi's post? We already explained that teedb is not yet full up again. First we want to give the users the possibility to change their names, so they get transfered, too.   

TeePhoenix wrote:

And where shall my user agent be shown? The page seems to be non functional...

On the site is an instructions just in the top front, you can't miss it.     
(For me it looks like you only fly over all and don't read the whole to understand what it's about. In this thread and on the site many informations are standing you asked for.)
You only had to press the Button "Analyze my UA".   
...But yeah fine that you did it though.   

So for me it looks like it's a bug by cydots or by you.   
But when the direct url works for you, feel free to use this till teedb.info (domain) works.

11 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:14:14)

Deleted.

12 (edited by kugel 2012-05-24 09:26:20)

To better clear this out and stop this discussion:

I agree with you that this kind of redirection is a very bad solution.
And I never claimed the contrary. But what can I do?
This is not my site (cydots) and since it's a free offer maybe we should make no claims.
Switch to an other free domain service? Yeah, but I think it's obviously why we choose teedb.info.ms, the diffrent is less.
If you have a better altanative with teedb.info.X you are welcome.
To the domain teedb.info: I don't know what's the exact problem with that. I'm not the owner of this domain. ( Also domains like teedb.com etc. are already awarded :/ )

- But: This topic is or should not be about how other sites redirect or which technic they use.

I still hope that the owner of the domain get it work fast, so it's only an inconvenience for time.
For now (as already said) use the direct domain and you will be fine.

To the missunderstanding "site is up again": I thought this is very clear and can be opened up from the text.
Especially on the site was written "Last steps to a new version ..." and not "No steps".
If that was not so clear as I thought I'm sorry, but you know it now.

TeePhoenix wrote:

Thanks for prejuding me, but you are wrong and the above part should explain why...

I did not intend to "prejuding" you. It only looks like for me.
The small but important hint that you have js disabled would have been enough.
(Especially you seeing a blank page with only js and think that's not important to mention? (And I mean this in a normal way, no prejuding...))
Anyways the problem is solved and mustn't discuess here again.

TeePhoenix wrote:

I hope that the real database when it gets online, isnt such a flub, too.

What have the redirection coding of cydots to do with TeeDB? You are right: TeeDB isn't even up again.
So how can you conclude to this? Please don't be unfair.

---------------------------------------------------

Going back to topic:

TeeDB uses ajax on the most forms, so users are flexible and don't have to load the full page again by any submit.
If you don't want to go with that it's ok cause TeeDB is written in a way that all important function are also working completly without javascript.
(Means the only thing which shouldn't work for you is the advertising carousel, not that important or?)

So you have no disadvantages to use TeeDB without js. ;)

I will set the site up later the day.
teedb.info.ms
Direct url (changed!)

(And sorry for posting that late, was/is a busy week)

Edit:

On request of the support cydots.com, they have taken me into some kind of beta-phase.
There are more options avaible like changing the Nameserver for the domain, so i have better control of it.
I.e. you are now allowed to use teedb.info.ms also without js - However the changes can take up to 24-48 hours until the new information is distributed in the network.