26 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2012-03-09 23:06:33)

Re: [MOD] Alien (RC4)

On second thought it should be balanced some other way.

Edit: Current status is RC3 and you have RC1 in the download section but when I downloaded it is the same as RC3???
And you should eliminate that Reapenator warmup shit. It is hard to become one as it is.
And reduce the chances of failed scientific researches.

P.S. How to use dummies?

Once in a century...

DARK HUNTER wrote:

On second thought it should be balanced some other way.

I think I would increase the firepower of the stationary turrets that can be used by humans.

Edit: Current status is RC3 and you have RC1 in the download section

It's all RC3... just forgot to change the text in the first thread.

And you should eliminate that Reapenator warmup shit. It is hard to become one as it is.

It's an option that is already configurable (sv_reapinator_delay  - default is 120 (seconds)) - and this value is good in my opinion. The reapinator immediately metamorphes a mutant into a reaper if he got enough score. But with some luck you can even get enough score already at begin of game.... (for example hit 2 humans, and jump into the generator) then you switch to reaper at begin of game (cause warmup is deactivated) and then the round could be finished very soon wink - The reaper is very dangerous so it should not be too easy to became one. Often the mutants win (just with hammer) without reaper.

And reduce the chances of failed scientific researches.

Well maybe I would add an option in next version.

How to use dummies?

It's just an empty value that does nothing. So if you create an entry in your vote-list you can add some lines to sort a little bit:

add_vote "===========================================================" "sv_dummy 0"

And even if somebody votes it - it does nothing.

maybe you should add server option, where you can change number of research available for one human?

As many other things on planet, this one can be solved with Vi.

D86leader wrote:

maybe you should add server option, where you can change number of research available for one human?

Limit max research? Or cost of research?

i meant limit max resarch, but why not add both them?

As many other things on planet, this one can be solved with Vi.

Curious, and sorry for being so newbie, how do you run this on a dedicated linux server? Since it's a bin I've never really run one and I'm new to this, but I see the default server to setup teeworlds isn't a .bin. :<

If I'm in the wrong section for asking such a question could someone direct me to the proper place? I checked for a FAQ in modifications and saw nothing, nor have I seen it in the official FAQ where server is.

HeteroTiger wrote:

Curious, and sorry for being so newbie, how do you run this on a dedicated linux server? Since it's a bin I've never really run one and I'm new to this, but I see the default server to setup teeworlds isn't a .bin. :<

If I'm in the wrong section for asking such a question could someone direct me to the proper place? I checked for a FAQ in modifications and saw nothing, nor have I seen it in the official FAQ where server is.

Don't worry about being newbie, we're all here to help.
Basically, the .bin is just the extension some people use in linux. It's a binary compilation of the source.
Teeworlds compilation drops the .bin extension and just has the name, and the extension is implied.
So you would run it like a normal linux teeworlds server.

Thanks  smile Figured it out and am for now running a US based server of this to play with friends (but it's open) since the other one lags me.

Now, another question, I'm trying to get 'Reaper' and 'Hero' set to 2 kills like the original seems to be on the other server, so I changed:
sv_reapinatordelay,15,0,9999, "Score to became hero"
to
sv_reapinatordelay,2,0,9999, "Score to became hero"
This made no change, am I missing something here?

34 (edited by Fifi 2012-06-13 12:37:41)

I want to report a bug/imprefection. I played Alien once and some noobs voted for Vanilla map. yikes There were even ninja and it worked. yikes
It should be impossible, Alien is almost unplayable on such maps, so tees which know how to play Alien can't play because some too-lazy-to-read/ask/think tees vote for disabling gameplay. sad
Please, make some check* to avoid voting for non-alien maps (MasterExploder is awesome but not for alien yikes)

* For example check if map have at least one Alien entity.

In my opinion auto-research almost change Alien to Infection. If somebody wants to play Infection, he should go to Infection server.

Also the default timelimit is too small. sad

But except of that, Alien, together with FuN~EleFaNt's Battle, is the best tactic and advanced mod. smile

HeteroTiger wrote:

Thanks  smile Figured it out and am for now running a US based server of this to play with friends (but it's open) since the other one lags me.

Now, another question, I'm trying to get 'Reaper' and 'Hero' set to 2 kills like the original seems to be on the other server, so I changed:
to
sv_reapinatordelay,2,0,9999, "Score to became hero"
This made no change, am I missing something here?

So in your cfg for the server, you need to take out all the commas and only have one number. It is confusing how the mod creator posted this, but usually the first number is the default, second is the minimum and the third is the largest, so you would want to change it to:

sv_reapinatordelay 2 

36 (edited by HeteroTiger 2012-06-14 20:54:32)

Okay, very awesome, now the only thing I find strange still is that there are several changes named under sv_reapinatordelay, not sure if this is by mistake or what.

sv_reapinatordelay,120,1,9999, "Init delay of reapinator (in secs)"
sv_reapinatordelay,5,0,9999, "Min player score for reapinator"
sv_reaperminscore,7,0,9999, "Min player score for reaper (without reapinator)"
sv_metamorphosecount,1,0,9999, "How many kills until metamorphose"

As you see there, 3 of them. All with the same exact thing. I have noticed that hero is missing something, since it is opensource I will attempt to simply dive in and find the proper score. I've got my reaperminscore working fine and people turn reaper after 2, but heroes are broken because that isn't what it is for hero.

One other little thing, when I reach 13 people it sends everyone else to spectator, is this something I cannot change (Teeworlds limitation) or can I change it and it's dependent on this mod?

It appears that in order from above they are:
sv_reapinator_delay
sv_reapinator_minscore
sv_reaper_minscore
sv_metamorphosecount
sv_reapinatordelay < - for hero, this should be changed, but I'm too newb to know how to compile the source from linux but I'll go check the itnernet and change this to sv_hero_minscore if I can.

If Mo2 is reading would be appreciated if you eventually do this yourself.

37 (edited by Mo2 2012-06-14 23:15:59)

Fifi wrote:

* For example check if map have at least one Alien entity.

I'm already checking for... but if an entity is found then it's the normal Alien-research system. The backwards-compatibilty to normal maps is no bug but a feature wink ... You could easy avoid that by putting just alien maps into the votelist as hoster.

In my opinion auto-research almost change Alien to Infection.

If it's running in "compatible-mode" then you are right but it's still different. You would never became a reaper or hero in Infection and even things like clusterbombs or the laser-teleinator are not included. One main reason for me to create this mod was I would create an open-source one. I thought infection is a nice mod (I still think so) but I disliked hosting closed source stuff on my server.

Also the default timelimit is too small. sad

It's an option you could configure as hoster.

But except of that, Alien, together with FuN~EleFaNt's Battle, is the best tactic and advanced mod. smile

Thx for the feedback smile

HeteroTiger wrote:

sv_reapinatordelay

This is how long you would try without success to upgrade your tee to a reaper. It's to avoid somebody is getting reaper too fast (e.g. if you have low sv_reapinator_minscore set) and sucks everybody into a black hole.

sv_reapinator_minscore

This one is the minimum score a player have to reach until the reapinator would accept him after the sv_reapinatordelay passed. So if you set 2 mins delay and that minscore to 3 a mutant that got score 3 would be metamorphosed into a reaper.

sv_reaperminscore

This one is independet from the reapinator. So I would recommend to give that a bit higher value. Reapinator is that red-machine in area_xenon. 

sv_metamorphosecount,1,0,9999, "How many kills until metamorphose"

This one is not reaper but normal metamorphose (e.g. self-heal, ...)

As you see there, 3 of them

Mhh I guess I messed something up at the docu here (which mainly is copy and paste of the sourcepart of variables.h stripped down a bit to make it easier readable).

One other little thing, when I reach 13 people it sends everyone else to spectator, is this something I cannot change (Teeworlds limitation) or can I change it and it's dependent on this mod?

This is ... at least no feature. But I'm pretty sure I never coded something like auto-spectate.
Did you set some "sv_spectator_slots" ??

Edit: I hate auto-merging-post-function. Who would read such huge posts (that was written to two different people). sad

38 (edited by HeteroTiger 2012-06-14 23:20:03)

^^; Don't worry I read it, I'm used to reading larger even.

I had sv_spectator_Slots set to 3, yes.
I looked in the code for hero thing and even in code it is sv_reapinatordelay

+MACRO_CONFIG_INT(SvHeroBecameScore, sv_reapinatordelay,15,0,9999,CFGFLAG_SERVER, "Score to became hero")

Thank you for feedback and very nice mod, I tried Infection today, and I prefer Alien a lot more smile

Yes you are right. Thx. It's wrong (misstake by copy/paste). The line should be called:

MACRO_CONFIG_INT(SvHeroBecameScore, sv_becamehero_score,15,0,9999,CFGFLAG_SERVER, "Score to became hero")

I've updated the source (have to setup my build machines first to release bins) for now: alien-rc4 source

Greetings,
Mo(2)

Thanks, I'm a newb and don't know how to turn source into the actual thing (Only using putty and winSCP to get into my linux server remotely) so I'll wait for build smile

HeteroTiger wrote:

so I'll wait for build smile

Done. Built RC4 for linux-32bit, linux-64bit and windows-32bit. See links first page of this thread.

Greetings,
Mo(2)

42 (edited by Fifi 2012-06-15 18:23:43)

Mo(2), look at this: https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtop … 337#p98337, please sad

Fifi wrote:

Mo(2), look at this: https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtop … 337#p98337, please sad

I already did and answered you. But this forum uses some auto-merge. So it put posts to different persons together...

44 (edited by Fifi 2012-06-15 19:14:20)

Ah, didn't noticed because of that big_smile
My greatest concern is that the only popular Alien server is currently set up with that default options and sometimes new tees destroys gameplay. sad I know that it's good to have them configurable but that default values inflicts this problem.

What about making vanilla-maps-compatibility disabled by default (to avoid turning it on without noticing it)? tongue

Can someone  share FullSource & enteties of Alien ?

Patch (for TW 0.6.1):  https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfi … .6.1.patch
Entities and 2 default maps:  https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfi … .6.1.patch

Greetings,
Mo(2)

@Mo2

tnx for links but 2 same links i need Entities and if u can upload Alien-TW RC4 source (full tar.gz) (9.1MB) .

Entities: https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfi … tities.zip

It's basically possible to get source with "patch" if you download the 0.6.1 version of TW - however if you have to much time and bandwith...

Alien RC4 full source: https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfi … rc4.tar.gz

Greetings,
Mo(2)

50 (edited by jokeab 2016-10-25 12:51:12)

Mo2 wrote:
HeteroTiger wrote:

so I'll wait for build smile

Done. Built RC4 for linux-32bit, linux-64bit and windows-32bit. See links first page of this thread.

Greetings,
Mo(2)

Thanks, this is what I was waiting for.