26 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:51:42)

Re: [MOD] PPRace

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

27 (edited by whis 2012-02-16 16:16:06)

It seems that those who use latest DDRace client or PPRace client (based on latest DDRace client) on Windows Vista so they have this problem - we can't fix this, because it's something in latest version of DDRace client.

Lead graphic designer of Teeworlds.cz and PPRace
My graphics

28 (edited by 2012-02-16 20:57:34)

ok. i try to use sushis clientpack

too weak connection (not acked for 15 seconds)
why ;(

moritz. wrote:

why ;(

It's a very huge and complex map. The time the client needs to render the map is too long. Your PC might be a bit too weak hmm AFAIK there is no workaround.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

30 (edited by CuBe 2012-02-17 00:26:01)

Well done whis, well done !

//edit; and the rest also ofcourse.

Visit our clan: =Eagle= !

31 (edited by Dune 2012-02-17 12:13:54)

Nowadays, it's really rare I can say something like that, but it's a really well-thought and well-coded modification, probably better than any of those that got released past year.
A true fucking good job for ya, guys.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is that you inherited the project from ddrace, and thus you have all the casual crappy thing into, including the overused server chat, the 10 damage stars every time you shoot with pistol, etc... Would you think of getting rid of these (you should consider removing the pistol by default imo) ? I would be very sad if the mod would become a "we have 5 weapons so we need to find a use for them 5"-mod smile

And yet another thanks, because you merit it.

Landil wrote:
moritz. wrote:

It's a very huge and complex map. The time the client needs to render the map is too long. Your PC might be a bit too weak hmm AFAIK there is no workaround.

Increasing the no-ack time might fix it though. It did work for some friends with low pcs.

Even simpler: download separately the map (ask someone who's got it?).

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Maybe you could have made the chat commands shorter like /1 and /2 instead of /laser 1 and /laser 2.

Or maybe a command to automatically switch to portal 2 if you fired portal 1 and vice versa.

And what I would love the most is to make one portal orange smile

Once in a century...

Dune wrote:

Nowadays, it's really rare I can say something like that, but it's a really well-thought and well-coded modification, probably better than any of those that got released past year.
A true fucking good job for ya, guys.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is that you inherited the project from ddrace, and thus you have all the casual crappy thing into, including the overused server chat, the 10 damage stars every time you shoot with pistol, etc... Would you think of getting rid of these (you should consider removing the pistol by default imo) ? I would be very sad if the mod would become a "we have 5 weapons so we need to find a use for them 5"-mod smile

And yet another thanks, because you merit it.

Landil wrote:
moritz. wrote:

Increasing the no-ack time might fix it though. It did work for some friends with low pcs.

Even simpler: download separately the map (ask someone who's got it?).

I have 1 GB Ram (Netbook). My ask: Why i cant connect with another
client as the PPRace Client..?

Nice mod.

I would found some "auto-cycle" between portal1 and portal2 cool as well.
And I'm not sure if I like the disabled hammerfly - but I guess it was necessary to avoid cheating through the maps.
The forces seems sometimes get lost (means jump with high speed into portal 1 -> get out just slow speed from portal 2) but most time after a few tries it works.

Dune wrote:

We based our mode on DDRace because the DDRace contains many interesting elements which we can't program again in short time (and we haven't a lot of time sad ). In any case, thanks you for recognition smile

DARK HUNTER wrote:

Or maybe a command to automatically switch to portal 2 if you fired portal 1 and vice versa.

There is command /portal, I think you mean this.

No I meant something like "bind x say /portal;+fire"

btw: the portal physics are weird some times. Speedy thing comes in but it doesn't get out all that speedy sad

Once in a century...

37 (edited by 2012-02-17 20:27:45)

DARK HUNTER wrote:

Yes, but use: bind x "+fire;say /portal"
smile

And if you mean chat-command which fire laser automatically so it's impossible to program for us. There is netmsg which indicate player firing and I can't emulate it (I was unable to find a simple way how to do it.) And there is other solution:

bind x "+fire;say /portal"

So it's unimportant to create special command for anything what players can do as easy as pie.
smile

DARK HUNTER wrote:

btw: the portal physics are weird some times. Speedy thing comes in but it doesn't get out all that speedy sad

That could happen if you have already lost your velocity because of the ground collision detection before the portal physics are triggered.

heinrich5991 wrote:
DARK HUNTER wrote:

That could happen if you are already lost your velocity because of the ground collision detection before the portal physics are triggered.

Absolutely right! I'm working on solution (with backward compatibility) but there is problem with my time sad I hope next week it will be better ^^

40 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:51:29)

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

You The Man whis wink love ya

Vanilla FTW!
My Videos

Idea: What about an Dummy or 2nd Tee in the same client?
Wen I have no people to play whith me I can't play or I need to open other client.
What about a command that makes me change player tee (and have 2 tees like a team) in 1 single client? big_smile

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

Lol wut if You made a P-Body skin and an Atlas Skin. Then people Could Download them..
Then use Portal-V2.. And bam. It's like all the Different Portal Teeworlds Ideas put into one.

Italic text

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

Wen I have no people to play whith me I can't play or I need to open other client.
What about a command that makes me change player tee (and have 2 tees like a team) in 1 single client? big_smile

Are you talking about iDDRace features?

45 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2012-02-20 12:12:36)

Shahan wrote:

iDDRace

Something near to that.
I don't really understand the Dummy Commands tongue
But maybi yes. The "problem" whith the Dummys is that you can teleport them close to you (This can't happen whith PPRace!)
Making my idea easy to understand:
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1254/screenshot2012021420381.png
EDIT: In that case I was playing whith other person tongue
But it could work whith just one person (Me+Me in the same team -> HeroiAmarelo + HeroiAmarelo Dummy/Double)

Off:
HeyHey! Look at this video about PPRace! Is the 1st Youtube Video about PPRace!

EDIT 2:
I'v been looking 4 iDDRace in your page and yes!

This command: /dc     You player exchanges positions with your dummy.
This command should be implemented! big_smile

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

46 (edited by teeworlds.cz 2012-02-20 15:47:29)

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

PPRace was planned as cooperative mode - there is no plan to create similar thing, sorry sad

We improve portal placing and marking. There is newer version on PPRace website.

By the way: You don't need PPRace client for playing mode, only for mapping smile

Hey ho,

1. of all awesome mod big_smile
2. The map is awesome too, so i want to ask if you could give us the mapres smile
would be nice  wink

hey Whis map is awesome but could you make it a bit smaller?
Sometimes I can't connect during 15 sec timeout.

49 (edited by whis 2012-02-22 01:16:24)

Finally it's here!
Today we received a pre-appointed trailer for the aforementioned mod and I must say that the author did a great job! I will not describe it here too so I will not abstain from seeing this excellent video from the amazing movie-maker Kintaro*! Look and see themselves. :3

http://i.solidfiles.net/22effec42c.png

And because several people asked me about the skins - here they are! smile

Lead graphic designer of Teeworlds.cz and PPRace
My graphics

oh thank you whis i love you too big_smile

Vanilla FTW!
My Videos