1 (edited by AndreyYar777 2012-02-11 10:34:21)

Topic: [HELP] Help the players to create the server.

Hi all! I warn you: I am a Russian and an interpreter can translate things are not quite in the right context.
But I hope we understand each other.

1) How to create a server?
First you need to discuss the details. For the server, we need a few files:

teeworlds_srv.exe (it runs your mod).
autoexec.cfg (server configuration).
The folder "Maps" with the card inside.

But not all so simple! Create the server does not need the root folder, and in particular, and now I will explain why.
The root folder TeeWorlds (or rather what it is) leads to a different folder, buried deep in your computer. This config_derectory. It takes you to a different folder TeeWorlds, where you can change the settings. If we create all these files in the root directory, they will be associated with the configuration in
"Config_derectory / autoexec" and every time we have to change the configuration for different types of servers.
I propose a less complex alternative. It is easier to implement.
Create (for example on the desktop) folder "TeeWorlds mods". You can change your name if you want.
In it, we'll create a separate folder from the mods. To make it easier for them to be called names better than your mods.
So, first create a folder!
Call the name of fashion (for example, or XXLDDRace KORace). Consider the example of XXLDDRace.

And now we come to create a server!
The first step is to find the file teeworlds_srv. He could have called hprace_srv, ctf_srv. All the mods marked with _srv suit us.
These mods can be found on this site.
Place the file in our folder.
Now we create in the same folder another folder named "Maps". There we will add maps to the server.
Copy this folder to any card (preferably the type of game). The card can be taken from the root TeeWorlds \ config_derectory \ downloaded maps.
Now back to our location "XXLDDRace".
Two points we have already done (the folder "Maps" from the card file and mod).
Stayed autoexec. He is perhaps the most difficult.
So:
Create a text document. Go to the folder:
Tools \ Folder Options \ View \ Hide extension for known file types.
Remove the check mark. Then we can get it back by following the same path and ticking.
As you can see, most of the files appeared extension. For example:. Txt or. Map
Change the extension of a text file to autoexec.cfg (just rename it).
Open it as a text document. Now it is empty, and we need to write the configuration itself.
Sometimes it is given or written by users.
Here is a sample configuration for ddrace:

sv_name (any name server).
sv_map (your card in the folder "Maps" without an extension. For example instead of writing ayr.map ayr).
sv_rcon_password (the password to the server, which then need to write to f2).

This is the simplest configuration.
Well, if you wrote it all - the server is ready. Run the file and teeworlds_srv TeeWorlds. After that, the game in the LAN section you can find your server (do not forget to uncheck the search criteria).

That's all. Good luck!

2 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:54:36)

Re: [HELP] Help the players to create the server.

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

3 (edited by AndreyYar777 2012-02-11 14:51:19)

1) It working!

2)
"You shouldnt use autoexec.cfg! Because it affects everything and you only can have 1 server config at one time."
I can use. I do autoexec's in other folders. (Dont main folder of teeworlds). I have a many folders and autoexec's in him.

TeePhoenix wrote:

You shouldnt use autoexec.cfg! Because it affects everything and you only can have 1 server config at one time.

You of all people should know better. When I downloaded War3 from you I found that it was pretty well done.

Batch files which start a specific server with a command line to find a config file in configs\config.cfg

Once in a century...

Yes. It working)