Topic: [dev] Easy Compiling on Windows

I don't know if this is the correct Category for my Post, but it seems best for it. smile

In short:

If you have problems, compiling your source code on Windows, i got some good news for you.

Someone has created an application, which calls the right command line with the right parameters.

This application is Open Source. (I checked it, didn't found a virus)

There are only a few things you have to do.

If the Directorys do not exist, you will have to create it.

Copy your complete source to c:\teeworlds\source\
Copy the complete content of the bam folder to c:\teeworlds\bam\

Download the following Program: http://codingshare.de/showthread.php?tid=88  (You must register for download)

Open the downloaded *.rar file and copy its complete content to your harddisk (any folder will be okay).
Open the directory und move to sub-directory "\TeeCompiler_W32msvcBAM\TeeCompiler_W32msvcBAM\bin\Debug\"

Open the TeeCompiler_W32msvcBAM.exe

Now you have an nice GUI for compiling teeworlds.

best regards
Steve

Re: [dev] Easy Compiling on Windows

It's not really THAT hard. It's even easier than on linux since you don't need to install SDL & freetype development files. (It's still a bad thing that precompiled libraries ship with Teeworlds for Windows)
If it were to invoke git aswell there might have been a point in using it.

I also highly disagree on having to register to download it.

I'm sorry for the registration part. It's not my software.

But it's OpenSource, so if you like, i could modify it, so you can invoke GIT.

If you want to try it, you can send me a PN with your e-mail address and if you like to get only the pre-compiled assembly or the whole thing with source.

If you have any whishes after trying. Post it in here and i will try to code it for you.

After Work, i could implement GIT and send you a new version.

If you don't know how compile teeworlds.... you can't make interesting stuff... :S

Why do you think that? You can be an awesome programer, without knowing how to compile with bam...

if you have an good idea, and you know c or c++, you can make a mod.

No, just no!

The CLI isn't really complicated. The only reason for compiling teeworlds is if you changed code. And if you do not know how to compile then how the hell would you know to change the code?!?

For devs the difference between CLI and GUI doesnt really matter.

If you really want to help dummies you should go package teeworlds for linux and Mac OS X (m!nus7 already did it for Windows)

Once in a century...

credits? wink
i guess you know its me, BeefyX on codingshare.de.. smile
hope you need it tongue