Topic: Teeworlds mobile website?

Hello all! big_smile

First off, please understand two things: 1) I am not talking about a mobile teeworlds port (which has been discussed many times before). 2) I have searched the forums for another topic about this and I haven't found anything relating to what I have in mind. With these things out of the way lets get into my topic:
----
I check the forums daily now and about 90% of the time I spend on the forums I use my iPhone 4s. I was wondering if it has ever been considered to make a "mobile" copy of the teeworlds website for a smartphone.

I think it would be really neat to be able to read active topics easily, write posts and reply to private messages on a mobile version of the forums. Currently I have to zoom in and out a lot to click (touch) the smaller links, so it takes away my time of reading actual posts. It is time consuming to maneuver around to different topics on a smartphone (with the current website setup).
--
So I was wondering: has this idea ever been considered before? Is there anyone else who uses a smartphone to check the forums? Is "Magnus Auvinen" in charge of the teeworlds website? Would the person in charge of this website be willing to download the software needed to do this? Does "PunBB" already somehow support mobile websites?

I don't know who is in charge of the website and I don't know how you could make a mobile version, but maybe that person would consider finding out how to make this already great website into a mobile website? wink

I would love to hear if anyone else uses a smartphone to check the forums.

Thanks,
Nater

2 (edited by Broken 2012-01-06 12:42:46)

Re: Teeworlds mobile website?

Maybe Tapatalk would work. I don't think it's hard to install into the forum. I use it for some other forums. There is also generic forum reader apps that are hit and miss.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

btw nice job brushing up the avie did you do it?

Broken wrote:

Maybe Tapatalk would work. I don't think it's hard to install into the forum. I use it for some other forums. There is also generic forum reader apps that are hit and miss.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

This looks like a good option. If we wanted the whole website mobile we would probably need to pay something, but this one is free which is nice.

Would the forum owner here like to set it up? big_smile

Nater

Well, the way the rest of the website is integrated this wouldn't work easily. And the more apparent reason is: that thing doesn't support PunBB.

5 (edited by Nater 2012-01-06 18:07:14)

m!nus wrote:

Well, the way the rest of the website is integrated this wouldn't work easily. And the more apparent reason is: that thing doesn't support PunBB.

Hmm, I see. Well I guess I will keep searching for another option.

Does punBB support mobile websites in itself? I just thought the forum owner (whoever it is) would be willing to step up and find a way. big_smile

Nater

EDIT: I see on the punBB website that some people have suggested this: http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … in-mobile/

I will be away from my desktop most of today, I am using my iPhone (go figure) to google some other options which isn't working very well. I will search some more when I get to my desktop. smile