51 (edited by Ryomou Hentai Girl 2011-11-25 12:59:24)

Re: [POLL] Dynamic Camera

Slayer *gV* wrote:

We probably need a sarcasm-bbcode big_smile

Ahhh..
Indeed
xDD

TeePhoenix wrote:

Sarcasm doesnt change that this was nonsense...

Truth.. i cant even sleep after that.. =/

Dune wrote:

Seriously, can you guys stand for five seconds and understand heinrich was just making fun of Teephoenix? Thanks.

Thanks Dune, i was close to kill him after that crazy "idea" =DDDD
I thought heinrich was sick !!!!
Now i got it *---*

Note: I have to stop taking all these crazy stuff so serious.. its making me crazy.. x/

*~°~~°~ Ryomou Wins... Flawless Victory ! ~°~~°~*
Support me: Subscribe!
[Fatality]

52 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:12:17)

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

I am not making fun of u.. i was really mad at that comment ! xD
anyways.. ur anger wont change anything too

*~°~~°~ Ryomou Wins... Flawless Victory ! ~°~~°~*
Support me: Subscribe!
[Fatality]

54 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:12:12)

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

55 (edited by Ubuntu 2011-11-25 13:34:06)

The dynamic camera is inferior to the stable camera:
(1) A stable camera is less disturbing than a camera that moves depending on the position of the cursor
(2) It is easier to learn the game with the stable camera (always the same overview of what is around the tee, less complex, not shaky...)
(3) There is no gameplay advantage in high level ctf. It is the contrary actually. Stats don't lie, more than 95 % of high level players don't use the dyn cam. So the extended view isn't worth it.
(4) Considering that to play high level, you have to deactivate the dyn cam. Then, activating the dyn cam by default can potentially limit the progress of some players. Because not all players try/understand all the different options in the menus.
(5) Look at the polls. Sure it is not representative, but it is better than nothing.
(6) Personal experience: I was a noob when I deactivated it. It was a relief to find the option. Many people thanked me because I made them discover the option to deactivate it.

I think that the dyn cam concept looks good on paper, but in practice it is not that good. Maybe few players like you are good with the dyncam and don't find it annoying/disturbing. But I really doubt that it is the same in general for others. Also what is your criterion for deciding that the dyn cam should be on by default? I propose this one: "when people have tested both camera, 51% choose to stick with the dyn cam".

I don't have good stats to prove that less than 50 % choose to keep the dyn cam, but considering the arguments above and the non-arguments on your side I shouldn't be the one proving that the dyn cam is inferior. You should prove us that at least 51% prefer to keep the dyn cam (after forcing players to use the dyn cam by default during years). Else it is just a dogma for the dev team, that the dyn cam should be on by default:

Oy wrote:

Wontfix - this is kinda basic teeworlds feature and should be on by default. People who dislike it can disable it in the settings.

(https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds/issues/240)

I play with dyn cam but as most ppl dont know.... there is a deadzone for it which can only be set by console. So i set it so that it doesnt interfere with my normal gameplay but if i have to use it i still can use it without any crazy binds or shit like that.
Its prolly a good idea to make this setting more easy... so by menu. wink

In some other games there is a dyn cam as well. Even without deadzone so the camera moves as soon as u move the cursor doesnt matter how far its away from the player. This was working fine too. You just have to get used to it.

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

57 (edited by fameless 2012-03-03 13:38:12)

Imo I don't care if the dyn cam is on or not by default, since I've tested both during the years I'm playing tw. It just needs time to get used to.

But since you wanted to hear a newbies opinion, I've asked my Gf.
She started to play tw after watching me playing it. During that time I was playing without dyn cam and she did twice too. When she was downloading the game on her pc, she called me and told me, that there must be something wrong with her client, since it looked weird while playing. She couldn't really explain the point and it took me a while to even understand her. After I told her how to turn off the dynamic camera, she was reliefed to play normally again. Remember, she was playing only twice on my Pc and it was enough to notice that playing without dyn cam is much easier.

Anyway, like I said I dun care much since I'm no newbie who starts learning to play Tw from all over again.
But Imo the funtion to disable or enable the dynamic camera via binds should be removed. Same thingy for the max distance. Either you play with or without dynamic camera, with a static range or without. But changing it during a game leads to camping and bot votes. Since players can't understand why you can see them much earlier all of a sudden, while you where spinning your weapon ealier. I'm using a dyn. cam bind myself and its overpowered.

Most dyn. cam players will disagree, but they're camping more than static cam users. Since you don't notice yourself if you're moving or not. While standing still and using the dynamic camera you can somehow get the feeling of moving, because your viewing range is chaning again and again.

/Offtopic:
But who cares you can't change it anyway. Some retards will come up with modded clients and it will spread like an ebola pathogen amoung the kids, since noone wants to play with disadvantages. The vBot for instance, I even met players who said "I have a vbot, but not turned on" (What an excuse). I voted them and they started to flame me. They didn't even notice that they've just admitted to use cheats.

Thanks to LordSkelethom for the first Spinbot, Redix and others for their selfmade aim and the early hook-bots.
Good Job guys.

kyu.

1338 - One step ahead of the average Nerd.