Topic: [HELP] Teeworlds Server Problems : Mac. Pleas Help =/

Hey,

First: I'm new here and don't know where to ask questions. I searched for my question in google and this forum but can't find an answer =/

ok, i own a game server at Nitrado.net and wanted to try running teeworlds on (or with?) it.
All worked perfectly =)

Then i switched the server to other games...
I thought "i will run the teeworlds server from my Mac and the Nitrado server with an other game".
Ok, so i started the teeworlds server app and chose a Server.cfg i created some month age (created an own server before too and all worked fine) but now when i want to join the game from my Mac teeworlds want to conect to the ip from my nitrado server =(
I want it to create an own server and conect to it self but it don't do what i want.

So i deleted my teeworlds folder in "user (my username), Library, Application Support" and reload teeworlds from this page. I made a new Server.cfg look like this:

sv_name HimGServer

sv_max_clients 6

sv_register 1

sv_map dm9

sv_rcon_password remember

sv_scorelimit 20

sv_timelimit 4

sv_warmup 10

sv_gametype dm

sv_port 8303

My firewall is disabled.

I guess that teeworlds has saved the ip somewhere on my Mac but i don't know where.
Extern Servers work great...

Hope you can help me,
H. im G.

2 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:18:55)

Re: [HELP] Teeworlds Server Problems : Mac. Pleas Help =/

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

think you don't  understand me...

i joint the game but it says "timeout"

4 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:18:50)

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

I tryed to connect over LAN!

Nitrado (www.nitrado.net) is a page where you can rent a server.

My problem is that it want to connect to the wrong ip i think. It don't recognize that i want to connect to MY LOCAL SERVER. I tried it with 3 wi-fi access points and every time it want to connect to the same ip!
That is why i think at this time i connected to my nitrado server some thing changed somewhere.
If you could say me where i can find all datas (instead of the teeworlds app's and the file in "user (my username), Library, Application Support, teeworlds" (i tried this already)) i could delete it and try it agin...

There are no more files than that. I still don't really get what you mean. Teeworlds does not save any ip addresses anywhere except for those of the master servers and the one of the server, which you last connected to. Those are saved in the files masters.cfg and settings.cfg in /User/username/Library/Application Support/Teeworlds. Are you able to see your server in the internet tab? Have you tried connecting to your server directly by entering the local/public ip address?

H. im G. wrote:

Extern Servers work great...

What do you mean by that? Connecting to your server works from somewhere outside of your local network (meaning over the internet) or your other gameservers hosted on nitrado.net work fine. Try to specify your problem a bit more please.

7 (edited by valindurWTF 2011-10-29 12:04:16)

I have the same Problem as H. im G.
Some more Info:
I'm currently running:
MacBook4,1
Intel Core 2 Duo (2x2.1GHz)
Operating System: Os x 10.5.8

This Problem was "discussed" in this Thread once: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8374 but we didint find a solution.

I'm able to run 0.5.x Servers and everyone is able to connect. So this Problem only occurs only in 0.6.x
If someone (Me or others) want to connect to the server on the server appears a (connecting client). The connecting client doesnt see this because he isnt ingame but over the Playerlist you can see this wink After around 10 seconds the connectionprocess aborts with the hint "Timeout"

The server console looks like this:

[4e57b0e9][register]: no firewall/nat problems detected
[4e57b0e9][register]: server registered
[4e57b121][server]: client dropped. cid=0 addr=192.168.1.52:49318 reason='Timeout'

Hopefully we find a solution for this problem wink

Its the application itself.

And noone will fix it because the person who created it is unknown.

9 (edited by valindurWTF 2011-10-29 18:56:31)

@Franchan
If im running the server without the teeworlds server starter (self-compiled and clean without .app) it doesnt work too wink

That works perfectly fine for me. I am using 10.7 though, but i think that should not make any difference...

10.7 is kind of a whole new os with an eye on 10.5.8
This diffrences which exists makes trouble in other projects too wink

It actually worked with 10.6, too. I used that earlier.