Topic: [font/loading]: failed loading font fonts/tahoma6.tfnt.

Hello,

I get this message when I launch the game:

[47cbb206] [font/loading]: failed loading font fonts/tahoma6.tfnt.

It happens on both my Windows XP and my Gentoo Linux systems.
For what I can say, everything displays properly, not being able to load a font seems to  not break anything... But I don't like seeing failures. I hate failures.

As the forum search gave no results, I am wondering if anyone cares about it?

Re: [font/loading]: failed loading font fonts/tahoma6.tfnt.

heres my theory

its some remnant of code from versions past possibly when they used a different font

but I'm not a Dev or a programmer so i could be WAY off

my name is NOT clasic_traveller_die its CLASIC_TRAVELLER_DIEHARD classic traveller is a si-fi rpg from the same era as dungens and dragons lookit up on wikipedia smile

Yeah, sort of:

tom@breek ~/tmp/teewars-0.3.4-src $ grep -i -r -n tahoma *
src/game/client/gc_menu.cpp:862:            font_set_load(&font_set, "fonts/tahoma%d.tfnt", "fonts/tahoma%d.png", "fonts/tahoma%d_b.png", 8, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 20, 24);

..Not that I think the devs needed this to find out where it was happening big_smile

Point is, I have no *.tfnt files anywhere in my systems. I wonder what that means then.

in windows this problem is solved
open language panel and make "english" as "startup language"

Admin of Russian Sibearian funsite and servers [link]

and what in technical talk is the problem? what exactly is really going on? (i don't think i have this prob but i'm curious)

my name is NOT clasic_traveller_die its CLASIC_TRAVELLER_DIEHARD classic traveller is a si-fi rpg from the same era as dungens and dragons lookit up on wikipedia smile

Just ignore that error. There are some development code for the new font system that got into the 0.3.x code. Everyone gets that error. No biggie. Nothing to see here. Move along. smile