1 (edited by clasic_traveller_diehard 2008-03-05 03:50:15)

Topic: [REQUEST] we need a hammers only game mode

simply put any time some one sets up a server and says "hammers only" there is only 1 dufus that uses guns creating a collapse in game play is there any way to limit weapons to just the hammer (or better yet kill the gun user give him a -100 score and stop him from coming back)

my name is NOT clasic_traveller_die its CLASIC_TRAVELLER_DIEHARD classic traveller is a si-fi rpg from the same era as dungens and dragons lookit up on wikipedia smile

2 (edited by ShootMe 2008-03-05 04:01:20)

Re: [REQUEST] we need a hammers only game mode

My mod I use for the LTS gametype allows any selection of starting weapons after you specify it with a command, and it also has a command to remove weapon spawns. So it would be quite easy to make a hammer only server with it except I cant distribute the exe as its against the rules for now. sad And I dont plan on making another server, but I had a similar idea but instead of just hammer the hook also deals damage, which can also be specified by my mod with a specified delay per dmg.

3 (edited by Chrono Syndrome 2008-03-05 12:10:20)

I cant distribute the exe as its against the rules for now.

Simple XOR encryption and it's not an .EXE anymore smile.

; Sample encryptor).
SetCurrentDirectory("<TeeWars RootDir>")
ReadFile(1, "teewars_srv.exe")
CreateFile(2, "XORed.dat")
While Not Eof(1)
WriteByte(2, ReadByte(1) ! 34)
Wend
CloseFile(1)
CloseFile(2)
; Can be compiled wiz PureBasic 4.x
Don't try to catch the Night !
Useless simplifications is worst enemy of simplicity. (C)

Chrono Syndrome wrote:

Simple XOR encryption and it's not an .EXE anymore smile.

; Sample encryptor).
SetCurrentDirectory("<TeeWars RootDir>")
ReadFile(1, "teewars_srv.exe")
CreateFile(2, "XORed.dat")
While Not Eof(1)
WriteByte(2, ReadByte(1) ! 34)
Wend
CloseFile(1)
CloseFile(2)
; Can be compiled wiz PureBasic 4.x

Still a modified version. 0.4.0 will be more liberal.

5 (edited by Chrono Syndrome 2008-03-05 16:38:42)

Modified ? Where ? This small programm does no changes to original file at all ! It's just read byte from (it's allowed) and write another byte to it's own file (which is allowed too). Result: completely original data array, which has nothing to do with teewars_srv.exe (and contain no information about it). So if someone modify it at any point to make .EXE from it - it's h(is\er) deal smile. Basically, it's possible to do 256 variants of 1 file using XOr, so how you can proof that this .DAT file is encrypted teewars_srv.exe tongue ? And it's destructs logic of such copyrights...
...It's same problem as warez links. I'm giving strings, which is NOT links to anything. If someone going to modify it, to make working link - it's not my problem.

P.S. Heh, some time ago I'm thinked about being advocate). But I'm no so good orator in RL...

6 (edited by void 2008-03-05 17:43:07)

Chrono Syndrome wrote:

Modified ? Where ? This small programm does no changes to original file at all ! It's just read byte from (it's allowed) and write another byte to it's own file (which is allowed too).

Well, by that logic zipped movies music would be legal to distribute would it not? smile

Or maybe even recompressed ones too.

Languages shapes the way we think, or don't.

7 (edited by Chrono Syndrome 2008-03-05 19:26:40)

>>Well, by that logic zipped movies music would be legal to distribute would it not?

Zipped files, unlike XOred, has all information impotrtant to recreate original files. And they can be uncompressed with bare Windows). But if you talk about archives, protected by password... Yes, it's kinda legal. Even if there is only one right variant (but it's your right to keep password in secret)... Yes, XORed passworded archive is a great idea too tongue.

P.S. Take a look at this: http://monolith.sourceforge.net/

how about instead of worrying about the legality of distributing compressed files we could just figure out how to make a patch that some one could run to modify their server file (this is what ROM hackers do so Nintendo won't sue them)

besides an exe wouldn't do me any good cause i use linux

also some notes game play wise
1.no unlimited jumping
2.server should have a high number of people playing

my name is NOT clasic_traveller_die its CLASIC_TRAVELLER_DIEHARD classic traveller is a si-fi rpg from the same era as dungens and dragons lookit up on wikipedia smile

Thats good, it can give you time to further develop it.

Chrono Syndrome wrote:

P.S. Take a look at this: http://monolith.sourceforge.net/

Thank you so much for this link.