Topic: wPanic, zESC - help

Hello. Has anybody got info how to make wPanic or zEsc server and map  (configuration, how to put titles that will disappear after a while....). I would be really grateful. I haven't found anything.

Re: wPanic, zESC - help

zESC is still a beta. You wouldn't find the binaries yet
And I think wPanic is private

You just have to type /info in the Zombie Escape servers and you find out that it's made by me. And wPanic is just a nooby fake of my mod sad

There is no release date for Zombie Escape, I also don't know if I'm going to release it. There are many good server hosted by me, and some people are also working hard on new maps. I am also open for new Ideas or how to improve the mod.

Same old story:
1. BoToX creates a mod
2. He doesn't release the source
3. Someone makes an exact copy of the mod.

I fell sad for him sad

Once in a century...

Elite Tee wrote:

Same old story:
1. BoToX creates a mod

I fell sad for him sad

I've got a story for you as well.

1. Someone creates a mod.
3. He stop working on it and the mod dies at the next version.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

6 (edited by BotoX 2011-07-15 19:55:58)

Dune wrote:
Elite Tee wrote:

Same old story:
1. BoToX creates a mod

I fell sad for him sad

I am working on the mod. The source was released in 0.5 but no one was interested, now i got around 50 players on the servers and lots of people asking for the mod ^^
The only reason i'm not releasing it is: The maps. You have to make great maps for the mod and there are many "noobs" in teeworlds that can set up a server and make a shitty map. That would ruin the mod. And the mod also needs minimal 6 players in the server to be playable, or it's just unfair.
The Servers i host are all lagg-free and got a perfect uptime (except when i update the mod because it's beta so i have to test new features on the public servers)
I think i write a thread about the mod now ^.^

PS: Thx Elite Tee hmm

BotoX wrote:
Dune wrote:
Elite Tee wrote:

Same old story:
1. BoToX creates a mod

I fell sad for him sad

I am working on the mod. The source was released in 0.5 but no one was interested, now i got around 50 players on the servers and lots of people asking for the mod ^^
The only reason i'm not releasing it is: The maps. You have to make great maps for the mod and there are many "noobs" in teeworlds that can set up a server and make a shitty map. That would ruin the mod. And the mod also needs minimal 6 players in the server to be playable, or it's just unfair.
The Servers i host are all lagg-free and got a perfect uptime (except when i update the mod because it's beta so i have to test new features on the public servers)
I think i write a thread about the mod now ^.^

PS: Thx Elite Tee hmm

I totally agree with Dune, and I don't think that your explanation is enough for explaining your closed source. But I think it's perfectly OK to create a fake mod if the mod owner doesn't publish the sources. See DDRace or FNG as example: They were closed-source at first but then someone came and faked the mod/opened the sources and the mod didn't die.

Botox wrote:
The only reason i'm not releasing it is: The maps. You have to make great maps for the mod and there are many "noobs" in teeworlds that can set up a server and make a shitty map. That would ruin the mod. And the mod also needs minimal 6 players in the server to be playable, or it's just unfair

I'm a fan of your mod, especially zesc and I, like the others, I try to get this mod. Only now I know that is a private mod and now I understand why not release the mod. I am of your opinion because it is impossible for a mod as good as zEsc or otherwise, can be ruined by the noobs. For example, I'm not good at creating maps sad and so I am forced to use the standard maps such as: ze_ctf5, ze_garden ...
but if I know that my maps are a shit, it's best not to use them that use them and to be criticized!
hmm