Re: Portal --Discontinued--

Oh no,
You didnt played this mod.

BotoX wrote:

No I played the 0.6 Portal Mod. Maybe you are makeing another one ^^
Here is the thread (german yikes): http://teeworlds-friends.de/Forum/index … p;pageNo=1

Well yes thats another mod, good that you notice it so these two mod's dont end up with the same name.

28 (edited by Gravity 2011-08-01 17:59:22)

Okay hi everyone the server is online, check it out at --down--
It aint 24/7 so i cant tell you when its online and when its not hmm

(btw i dont know if this will be flagged as doublepost, if it will im sorry hmm )

After playing about half an hour on your server, here is my feedback:

The mod itself is stable and doesn't crash (at least it didn't when I played it). It's somehow hard to learn the techniques of the portals alone, but with your oral assistance I finished the race. It would be nice if there was some kind of tutorial map or at least a sentence at the start linking to a web tutorial (here or somewhere else).
That you can see & use portals of other players is cool, but with 16 players it will be kinda confusing, so I would suggest to add a option to get in teams of two players (like in Hp/(DD)Race).
You may also increase the fire rate of the laser rifle a little so you can shoot portals faster and maybe decrease the range of the portals a little bit.

Altogether the mod is cool, keep the good work up!

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Awesome mod and i'll participate like as lab rat big_smile
On the 1st map has a few bugs and this map not finished successfully - https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfi … 37-11.demo
The second map was much more interesting, there were difficult passing moments, but it is not finished as well as the first map - https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfi … 52-26.demo

For the record, the demo's given above have been made in an highly unstable development build. Those bugs are already fixed (yay). Although it shows good what the mod already is.
@Gekkon good job wink

2Gravity
Good job too ^^)

Okay guys im sorry to say this but, this is just too hard for me. I hope some more skilled coder picks this idea up.

Gravity wrote:

Okay guys im sorry to say this but, this is just too hard for me. I hope some more skilled coder picks this idea up.

Can you upload source code? I want to test this mod by yourself (i missed beta-test).

My nickname in game: Dark Twist3r. My team: Eclipse
I use&support TDTW <3

Yeah uploading the source would be nice. I've missed the beta test too.

36 (edited by Gravity 2011-08-30 07:34:33)

Well theres no source actually, when i ported it to 0.6.1 i never got it stable. And i just gave up and deleted the sources. Im sorry for that but i really dont have them anymore.

Gravity wrote:

Well theres no source actually, when i ported it to 0.7.1 i never got it stable. And i just gave up and deleted the sources. Im sorry for that but i really dont have them anymore.

Look in your dustbin? That's really idiot to do so. One of the advantages of open-sourceness is that other people can continue your project when you give up (see with Teeworlds).

And btw, it's 0.6.1.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune my dustbin was pretty empty after i re-installed my whole OS. tongue I tried a few times to get it to work again but i just didnt get it to work. So i really dont got the sources anymore.

HOLD IT BUDDY IVE CODING A PORTAL MOD FOR A LONG TIME SO STOP CODING big_smile

~Super

wait ur new to tw and already know c++?

~Super

Super Dude wrote:

wait ur new to tw and already know c++?

That's nothing weird. You can use C++ for much more things than only Teeworlds.

yes,but its a unlikly thing to learn before u play a game like tw with lots of mods

~Super

Super Dude wrote:

yes,but its a unlikly thing to learn before u play a game like tw with lots of mods

Learning programming has a lot more use than playing Teeworlds...

Not Luck, Just Magic.

just saying its not a likely thing to say out of no where "hey i want to learn C++"

~Super

45 (edited by Dune 2011-09-25 22:16:53)

Super Dude wrote:

just saying its not a likely thing to say out of no where "hey i want to learn C++"

Oh, it is. You often do not start learning C++ for a specific goal, by example, as far as I'm concerned, I learnt C++ because I enjoyed programming with it, involving in Teeworlds-related projects came later. It's probably the same for most of the coders here.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

46 (edited by Super Dude 2011-09-29 03:48:09)

ok fine u proved me wrong big_smile

~Super