Topic: Nodes client normal servers?

Hi,
is there any way to connect and run to normal (DM,CTF,TDM) server with the NODES mod client ? Or is there any other client that supports Nodes and normal servers ?

Thank you smile

Re: Nodes client normal servers?

player99 wrote:

Hi,
is there any way to connect and run to normal (DM,CTF,TDM) server with the NODES mod client ? Or is there any other client that supports Nodes and normal servers ?

Thank you smile

No, it's not possible. They use a different network code.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

3 (edited by player99 2011-05-24 12:54:06)

Hi landil and thanks for the fast reply, what is this "network code" ? I am new to this and also to programming sad

Thank you

There is a network protocol. It defines which sort of messages the server and the client can exchange to communicate. The nodes protocol differs from the vanilla teeworlds protocol and thus they are not compatible and the nodes client is not able to connect to vanilla servers.

ghost wrote:

There is a network protocol. It defines which sort of messages the server and the client can exchange to communicate. The nodes protocol differs from the vanilla teeworlds protocol and thus they are not compatible and the nodes client is not able to connect to vanilla servers.

Thanks for the explanation smile

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!