Topic: Colorful names

Hi,
I think colorful names should it give!
That's funnier and better!

like this: name

Re: Colorful names

i don't agree with you
it's not very easy to read the name

Sorry for my english; typical germans ;-)

why?
only yellow is not very easy to see

Colored names in any game is very annoying to read. I don't think it would be better in teewars

Used to be very active waay back

I don't like it :\ Just annoying.

6 (edited by Xaller 2008-02-27 18:25:31)

hmm
mabye only colors that are dark or ...?

name

Hrm... maybe an option? Sounds interesting...

No, that is not me; it's just a figment of your imagination.

i like the idea of colors for name for 1 reason

stealth

i see people all the time squeezing themselves behind rocks and shrubs and that works if your opponent has names turned off but those tactics are useless with big white letters above your head

you should be able to change name colors(not on the fly but it should be easy to match the color of a preplanned hiding spot)

also i once had an idea for a ninja map with dark shadows and corners for people to hide in and attack from(please someone steal this idea!) but the names float above every thing it would be useless with out black colored names to blend with those spots

my name is NOT clasic_traveller_die its CLASIC_TRAVELLER_DIEHARD classic traveller is a si-fi rpg from the same era as dungens and dragons lookit up on wikipedia smile

ok
i will agree to use coloured nicknames, but if they will be standart@stats(tab button)

i dont like coloured nicknames so please when its inserted a cfg setting to switch them off would be nice

I always used few colors: PrimeviL
But with too much colors it's hard to read the name imo

I think color will be great for team binds only:
*Zone clear*
*Flag dead*

aka oop²

i disagree with ppl who want a colored names, because sometimes, if u playing FFA deathmaths its hard to find a tees, even with names are always on (especially if they are trying to hide themself).

are ffa death matches different from regular ones?
and the only hide tactic that works with names (that i know of) is trying to look frozen or(in theory) having a talk bubble (but those are massive breaches of battle edict)

my name is NOT clasic_traveller_die its CLASIC_TRAVELLER_DIEHARD classic traveller is a si-fi rpg from the same era as dungens and dragons lookit up on wikipedia smile

clasic_traveller_diehard wrote:

are ffa death matches different from regular ones?

Yes, they are.
In TDM and CTF all tee's skins are RED or BLUE.

jeppo wrote:

i dont like coloured nicknames so please when its inserted a cfg setting to switch them off would be nice

I think this is the best option!

if you switch off colored names it would be just like if some one turned the name stealth would be shattered