Re: [MOD] Race

wapps.warpaint. wrote:

http://i.solidfiles.net/83ef.png

using more then one "to" tile per teleporter doesnt make sense. It will only take the first "to" tile it finds. The rest will be ignored.

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

ooooooooh... I didn't know I had to have the client for mapping (I just read that now). My bad. x| (now, I feel stupid...)

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

53 (edited by CarmineZ 2011-08-30 08:22:14)

Sushi Tee wrote:

using more then one "to" tile per teleporter doesnt make sense. It will only take the first "to" tile it finds. The rest will be ignored.

into DDRACE many "TO" teleport to a RANDOM destination, into RACE would haven't sense, right...... is possible to autolimit the editor, to can put only one "TO" each number?

i not understand the new teleportation scheme =S
use tw_gamer

a video walkthrough would be nice (:

my Art :]
I'm from Brazil -  help of Google-Translator

i dont know if the game client's editor can do teleporter

teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

56 (edited by Dune 2011-10-13 18:14:06)

I patched the race client, there should be no difference. Read carefully Sushi's explanation, it's well-written.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

Read carefully Sushi's explanation, it's well-written.

Where do I find?

(hopefully google translator helps)

my Art :]
I'm from Brazil -  help of Google-Translator

5 posts before mine.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

How to build random teleport???

Isn't possible.

Why???D:

Because the race game type aims to be competitive and randomized teleporting (-> luck) isn't. End of story.

How to make many ghosts with race client? I want more than 1 ghost!

it is supposed to only save the fastest ghost to not spam the filesystem with hundret of ghosts. if u want to store more ghosts i suggest to rename the ghosts u want to keep manually

*gV* rox ^^

Just change the name and restart the server )

The links are down,but i need to donwload the files

Who can help me?

67 (edited by Cart 2011-12-12 17:54:43)

The links in the 1st post are working.:o
Anyway. I think that you can download it here: http://teeworlds.sushitee.de/race/

[21:15:20] Tom-d1ed: das ist ja mal so
[21:15:21] Tom-d1ed: extrem schlecht

Guys my problem when I launch the server, it start with dm1 map. And I add some vote in config and in the game I didn't see any vote.

AntonRich wrote:

Guys my problem when I launch the server, it start with dm1 map. And I add some vote in config and in the game I didn't see any vote.

Well first off make sure the map you want is in the right folder. Go to your teeworlds folder then data/maps, if the map is not in there then it won't work.

If that doesn't work then make sure the map name you have in your config ("sv_map the_amazing_map") is the same as the name of the map in your folder ("the_amazing_map")

Hope this helps,
Nater

70 (edited by AntonRich 2012-01-06 11:51:41)

I have already map in right folder and right config.
I think maybe problems in that:

Further information:
If a map was created with the race client of version 3.2-dev or newer or any other client based on that client the maps will not be playable on older server versions (smaller than 3.2)

But where can I find old race server?

this is not your problem. Your problem is that your server starts with dm1 instead of loading the correct map and this means that your config is wrong or that u dont use any config.
If the config would be correct it would try to load the map and if the server closes then... then you dont have the map in correct folder or misspelled it. If you have the map in correct folder and the config is correct then the server will load the map.

U didnt understand those "further information"... u can play any map on the newest version of the race mod wink
It is only a problem if u made a map with the new client and u want to use it on older servers.

*gV* rox ^^

72 (edited by AntonRich 2012-01-07 17:37:33)

OK. I'm sure the map in the right folder.
autoexec.cfg:

# default tw settings
sv_motd
sv_maprotation
sv_spectator_slots 0
sv_max_clients 16
sv_name Kato server
sv_port 8303
sv_map "run_short_park"
sv_rcon_password 4545
sv_teambalance_time 0
password
sv_register 0

# race settings
sv_reserved_slots 1
sv_reserved_slots_pass

#add some votes
add_vote "map run_short_park" "sv_map run_short_park"

Something wrong with the config?

I found the answer for my problem. The config file is require to be in the document and settings directory.

how to change the transparency of ghosts? How to do this in your sources?

74 (edited by Laxa 2012-09-20 22:01:42)

Hey, there is actually a major crash bug on server in the binary posted by Sushitee, so, he asked me to compile the last 0.6 sources for you guys, so here they are !
PS : Only the SERVER binary is include in this archives, nothing more.

sources : http://ddracepro.net/files/race_src0.6-end.tar.gz
win 32 bits : http://ddracepro.net/files/race_srv_0.6 … n_i686.rar
linux 32 bits : http://ddracepro.net/files/race_srv_0.6 … 686.tar.gz
linux 64 bits : http://ddracepro.net/files/race_srv_0.6 … _64.tar.gz

Enjoy !

The bug was actually fixed already in october 2011... i was just too lazy to make a new release.
Thank u laxa for uploading new binaries smile

*gV* rox ^^