1 (edited by Sushi Tee 2016-01-27 14:56:04)

Topic: [MOD] Race

Current version: 3.3-dev

This is the new Race mod for teeworlds 0.6.1. A lot has been done since the last release and im gonna present the shiny new Race mod. smile

The Race mod is able to run special map designd for races. It will show and save your time on any race map so you can compare your skills with many othere racers around! All you have to do is join a Race server and be ready to break records. smile

This mod was original made by Rajh. Meanwhile the mod is developed by Rajh, Redix and me.

Pls report all bugs her or directly on our github repo!

Racemod-repo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The client

Yes there is a client for this mod. This client is not needed but recommend to get the best racing experience.
The Race client is able to record demos and ghost of all your runs. It is even possible to load ghosts from other players which can be shown along with your own ghost ingame. You can activate as many ghost as you want.
The recorded demos are stored in the demo folder and the ghosts in the ghosts folder.
Own Demos and Ghosts will be overwritten each time you do a new record on the map.
Also there are some special gui things like the race time and a special scoreboard. smile

The client is needed to create race maps with teleporters or speedups. Also it is possible to save server settings within the map. Alos u can set info about who created the map and license and so on.
If the server is set to use the settings from the map all settings set by the race config will be overwritten by the settings from the config

Client commands:

cl_auto_race_record   ...Save the best demo of each race (default "1")
cl_demo_name   ...Save the playername within the demo (default "1")
cl_show_others   ...Turn other players off in race (default "1")
cl_render_speedmeter   ...Render in game speedmeter (default "1")
cl_speedmeter_accel   ...Show acceleration (default "1")
cl_show_checkpoint_diff   ...Show checkpoint diff (default "1")
cl_show_records   ...Show records (default "1")
cl_show_server_record   ...Show server record (default "1")
cl_race_ghost   ...Enable ghost (default "1")
cl_race_save_ghost   ...Save ghost (default "1")
cl_ghost_nameplates   ...Show ghost nameplates (default "1")
cl_ghost_nameplates_always   ...Always show ghost nameplats disregarding of distance (default "0")
cl_api_token   ...Api token for the webapp (default "")

The server

The server provides all the stuff u need to host your own race server like teleporter, speedups or the game timer.
Each player will have its own pickups which will not interfere with other players.
The collision between players is disabled. This is also for the hook.
The server also provides 2 gametypes. One of it is Race (:-O) and the other one is Fastcap. Fastcap is a gametype where you have to capture the flag as fast as possible. It is activated by using "fastcap" as gametype (sv_gametype).

Server commands:

sv_reserved_slots   ...Number of reserved slots (default "0" | min "0" | max "12")
sv_reserved_slots_pass   ...Password for reserved slots (default "")

sv_regen   ...Set regeneration per second (default "0" | min "0" | max "50")
sv_strip   ...Enable or disable keeping weapon after teleporting (default "0")
sv_infinite_ammo   ...Enable or disable infinite ammo (default "0")
sv_no_items   ...removes any items from the map if there are any (default "0")
sv_teleport   ...Enable or disable teleportation (default "1")
sv_teleport_grenade   ...Enable or disable teleport of grenade (default "0")
sv_teleport_kill   ...Teleporting one someone kills him (default "0")
sv_teleport_vel_reset   ...Reset velocity after teleport (default "0")
sv_delete_grenades_after_death   ...Delete grenades after the player dies (default "1")
sv_rocket_jump_damage   ...Enable or disable rocket jump damage (default "1")
sv_pickup_respawn   ...Time before a pickup respawn (default "-1" (after death) | min "-1" | max "120")
sv_score_ip   ...Check score for ip, too (default "1")
sv_checkpoint_save   ...Save checkpoint times to score file (default "1")
sv_score_folder   ...Folder to save score files to (default "records")
sv_show_times   ...Show the times of other players (default "1")
sv_show_others   ...Show other players (default "1")
sv_load_map_defaults   ...Set the settings on map change/reload which are stored in the map (default "1")

Server SQL commands (only for SQL version):

sv_use_sql   ...Enables SQL DB instead of record file (default "0")
sv_sql_user   ...SQL User (default "nameless")
sv_sql_pw   ...SQL Password (default "tee")
sv_sql_ip   ...SQL Database IP (default "127.0.0.1")
sv_sql_port   ...SQL Database port (default "3306")
sv_sql_database   ...SQL Database name (default "teeworlds")
sv_sql_prefix   ...SQL Database table prefix (default "record")

Admin commands:

teleport   ...teleports one player to the other (usage: teleport <id1> <id2>)
teleport_to   ...teleports one tee to any position (usage: teleport_to <id> <x-coordiante> <y-coordiante>)
get_pos   ...finds out the position of a tee (usage: get_pos <id>)

chat commands:

/info   ...infos about the mod
/cmdlist   ...shows a list of all commands
/rank   ...shows the rank as server message, everyone can see it
/rank <name>   ...shows the rank of a specific player (not nessesary to enter full name)
/top5 x   ...shows the top 5 as server message, only u can see it, x stands for a number from which place the top 5 shall begin

example config for default teeraces: race01.cfg
example config for races with teleports: race02.cfg

So and here the most important stuff smile

Server

linux binary: race_srv_0.6-end_linux_i686.tar.gz
linux binary 64 Bit: race_srv_0.6-end_linux_x86_64.tar.gz
Windows binary: race_srv_0.6-end_win_i686.rar
Mac binary: teeworlds_srv_race_mac.zip (old version 3.2)

Client

linux binary: teeworlds_race
linux binary 64 Bit: teeworlds_race_x86_64
Windows binary: teeworlds_race.exe
Mac binary: teeworlds_race_mac.zip

Source

Source: Source last 0.6 version

So and for all you guys who wnat to make their own maps... here the entities.png: entities.png (this needs to be redone but works for now)
Also you will need this image which have to be in the same directory as the entities.png to map speedup tiles: speed_arrow.png
The race client uses an additional image ingame which have to be directly in the data folder: race_flag.png

Changelog:
2.1:

25 teleport or checkpoint tiles
  vote kick message
  checkpoints and checkpoint save
  ip score
  no "nameless tee" in record file
  new reserved slots
  added client for auto demo recording
  time save fixes for race client
  code cleanup for race cleint
  added client hprace support
  added /rank <name>
  added /cmdlist
  changed .info and .mods to /info and /mods
  removed sv_rank_site
  rewrote score system (no new files but safer)
  added thread for score saving--->no lags while new records even with really big record files
  no wrong commands any more
  bug fixes
  code cleanup
  fixed strange saving bug (was only in linux)
  moved score from gamemods to game since its no gamemod wink
  added ghost recording and playing
  devided items for each player
  new teleport system
  new speedup system
  fixed moving through teleports when there fast
  added fastcap gametype
  many other minor changes
  fixed some warnings
  fixed fastcap
3.2-dev
  forgot to change version properly
  added ability to save server settings within the map
  fixed weird bug with reserved slots
  update to 0.6.1
3.3-dev
  fixed crash

... I may have forgotton some things... so let me know in that case smile

Further information:
If a map was created with the race client of version 3.2-dev or newer or any other client based on that client the maps will not be playable on older server versions (smaller than 3.2)

Thanks to laxa for compiling the last 0.6 version. I was too lazy for this.
Everyone should update. It fixes a top5 crash bug which was actually fixed in october 2011 already xD

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Re: [MOD] Race

Thank you for being that fast!
I'm impatient to test the latest client-sided features :)

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Please compile it for Mac or say me how to fix this error:

[1/2] #1 c++ src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp
In file included from src/base/tl/range.h:6,
                 from src/base/tl/array.h:6,
                 from src/game/server/webapp.h:6,
                 from src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp:9:
src/base/tl/base.h:8: error: expected `)' before ‘(’ token
bam: 'objs/game/server/gamecontroller.o' error 256
bam: error: a build step failed

base.h looks to be the same as in the unmodified version sad

And sorry for my bad englisch.

Organised, Fast and pushing it to the limit... First the client, then the server mod... Thx for all & gj!

please add download entities for race mod.

Sorry my bad english big_smile
Translate through google yikes

Ecoz: reading may help wink

Mac binaries added

teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Yeah, big thanks for the Mac binaries tongue

Version 3.1 release

There were some warnings fixed and the gametype fastcap was fixed. Everyone should update wink

edit: i kinda failed with the links and i reuploaded the client (scoreboard and ingame menu is fixed now)

*gV* rox ^^

http://i012.radikal.ru/1104/7b/f88416d0594c.png
You can find out? What does this mean?

Sorry my bad english big_smile
Translate through google yikes

2Sushi:
Add to the first post that users should download race_flag.png to prevent this glitch
http://gyazo.com/586b7574e8d8dad7f50216901c73d159.png

Maxone wrote:

2Sushi:
Add to the first post that users should download race_flag.png to prevent this glitch

The users should download all data files... otherwise they won't see even the text.

Where can I download Race client 0.5.2 ?

Bump

Sushi I think it would be a pretty nice idea in the next version for the old ghost files /the ones that are done slower then the new ones to get deleted (like the demos, old ones get deleted) instead of kept on the hard drive and wasting space knowing there could be at least 5/6 ghosts for 1 map.

Hope you understood me, thx.

14 (edited by Benutzername 2011-04-25 01:13:10)

Hello!

I really liked this mod in 0.5, but i have some problems with getting it started now. I'm not that familiar with how all these server and mod things work, but i was able to set up an easy race server with teleportations in 0.5. I cant do that anymore.

I want to set up a server that allows teleportation (+ not losing your speed through teleportation). What exactly do i have to do?

I know how to set up a server in 0.5, but somehow it doesn't work anymore.

sv_name Benutzernames Server
sv_map xxxxxxxxxx
sv_motd xxxxxxxxxx
sv_maprotation
sv_spectator_slots 0
sv_max_clients 5
sv_port 8303
sv_rcon_password xxxxxxxxxx
sv_teambalance_time 0
sv_reserved_slots 0
sv_reserved_slots_pass
sv_infinite_ammo 1
sv_rocket_jump_damage 0

I connected this cfg to the server setup i downloaded from here like it's explained in this thread

But that doesn't work anymore, as soon as i run the shortcut, that black window flashes but doesnt stay active. If i run the server file without connecting it to this cfg, it does work, but doesn't use my cfg, thus creating a unnamed server with dm1 etc.
I'm sorry, i'm sure i'm just missing something obvious here, but can someone explain to me what exactly i have to do to set up such a server in 6.0 (Windows)? Maybe "Using Race 3.1. for dummies"?

Also, what happened to "sv_jumper_add" and "sv_speedup_add"? How do i controll these now?

Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:

Bump

Sushi I think it would be a pretty nice idea in the next version for the old ghost files /the ones that are done slower then the new ones to get deleted (like the demos, old ones get deleted) instead of kept on the hard drive and wasting space knowing there could be at least 5/6 ghosts for 1 map.

Hope you understood me, thx.

actually it is already like this but it doesnt work sometimes... i couldnt figure out why yet... always if i test it it is ocf working perfectly big_smile

Benutzername wrote:

Hello!

I really liked this mod in 0.5, but i have some problems with getting it started now. I'm not that familiar with how all these server and mod things work, but i was able to set up an easy race server with teleportations in 0.5. I cant do that anymore.

I want to set up a server that allows teleportation (+ not losing your speed through teleportation). What exactly do i have to do?

I know how to set up a server in 0.5, but somehow it doesn't work anymore.

sv_name Benutzernames Server
sv_map xxxxxxxxxx
sv_motd xxxxxxxxxx
sv_maprotation
sv_spectator_slots 0
sv_max_clients 5
sv_port 8303
sv_rcon_password xxxxxxxxxx
sv_teambalance_time 0
sv_reserved_slots 0
sv_reserved_slots_pass
sv_infinite_ammo 1
sv_rocket_jump_damage 0

I connected this cfg to the server setup i downloaded from here like it's explained in this thread

But that doesn't work anymore, as soon as i run the shortcut, that black window flashes but doesnt stay active. If i run the server file without connecting it to this cfg, it does work, but doesn't use my cfg, thus creating a unnamed server with dm1 etc.
I'm sorry, i'm sure i'm just missing something obvious here, but can someone explain to me what exactly i have to do to set up such a server in 6.0 (Windows)? Maybe "Using Race 3.1. for dummies"?

Also, what happened to "sv_jumper_add" and "sv_speedup_add"? How do i controll these now?

You have to use the race client to create a map with teleporters. In the race client editor you can add a "Tele layer" and a "Speedup layer" . Its more or less self explaining wink
You also can set the speedup power there for each speedup tile

*gV* rox ^^

Sushi Tee wrote:

You have to use the race client to create a map with teleporters. In the race client editor you can add a "Tele layer" and a "Speedup layer" . Its more or less self explaining wink

Thanks for you answer, but that actually raised more questions than it answered. hmm

I downloaded the client, but i can't get it started. When i run it, it tells me that it couldn't run the application because it couldn't find SDL.dll - whatever this is.

What should i do?

Benutzername wrote:
Sushi Tee wrote:

Thanks for you answer, but that actually raised more questions than it answered. hmm

I downloaded the client, but i can't get it started. When i run it, it tells me that it couldn't run the application because it couldn't find SDL.dll - whatever this is.

What should i do?

download the data files smile

heinrich5991 wrote:
Benutzername wrote:
Sushi Tee wrote:

What should i do?

download the data files smile

You mean these (Downloads -> Race 3.1?) I already have these, but i don't know how i can use them. Running the race.exe stills leads to the error code.

Benutzername wrote:

You mean these (Downloads -> Race 3.1?) I already have these, but i don't know how i can use them. Running the race.exe stills leads to the error code.

That's the source code, you don't need it... (at least not on these bases)

You need these *>>Data Files<<*

Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:
Benutzername wrote:

That's the source code, you don't need it... (at least not on these bases)

You need these *>>Data Files<<*

D'Oh sad

Okay, i can use the race client now. Thanks for your help.

Can you also help me with the problem i have with setting up a race server that includes teleporters? hmm

(Oh, and by the way: Can players play these maps with the normal Teeworlds client or do they also need the special race client?)

21 (edited by HipHopBlond 2011-04-25 18:14:59)

1. All 0.6.0 based clients can see and enter your server smile

2. Use mainly these cfg's:

for default teeraces: race01.cfg
for races with teleports: race02.cfg

For more, look here:

*>>Server Setup<<*

*>>Server Settings<<*

*>>Server Commands<<*

*>>Server Tuning<<*

For mods click me!

For everything else click me!

For invalid lines look at the server window, good luck.

22 (edited by Sushi Tee 2011-05-16 17:54:56)

for all those ppl who were wondering why their server arent shown in the server browser. This was indeed a bug in the mod.
The problem is the reserved slot. So if you want to see your server in the serverbrowser remove the reserved slots from your configuration and everything is fine.
If you need the reserved slots please compile the newest racemod version yourself... i just fixed this issue and everything is working fine with it smile

The fix will be in the next release.

I also added a short note about it in the first post smile

*gV* rox ^^

hey Sushi Tee, you have written "only for SQL version", where i can download this SQL for your mod?

u have to compile for yourself wink

*gV* rox ^^

25 (edited by EPL 2011-07-31 22:33:15)

i have one problem when i start the server it gives me an error message

"teeworlds_srv_race.exe does not work anymore"

i use the race02.cfg
i map with the new race editor