Re: [CLIENT] Pack

an old version of my client ^^
u can just go back couple of commits and compile and old version or maybe someone here still have an old version

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

I started to use your client and i wonder if you can improve a little hud of the game:
- hearts, shields and ammo in digits(it's a great improvement for vanilla game type)
- you can see all the time how much of ammo you have of every weapon
- shields/hp bar over tee(awesome feature)

Hate to admit it but: the freeze fix didn't completely did it. It still freezes only now with the fix it freezes less frequently. sad

Once in a century...

szyker wrote:

I started to use your client and i wonder if you can improve a little hud of the game:
- hearts, shields and ammo in digits(it's a great improvement for vanilla game type)
- you can see all the time how much of ammo you have of every weapon
- shields/hp bar over tee(awesome feature)

I personally think digits for health and ammo are ugly.
Seeing the ammo of each weapon every time gives you more information than other players have... so it is a cheat and wont be added. Just try to remember it wink
The bar would be ugly.

DARK HUNTER wrote:

Hate to admit it but: the freeze fix didn't completely did it. It still freezes only now with the fix it freezes less frequently. sad

I need to know when and where.

teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

@Sushi Tee, well i don't i think the most important in almost everything(not only in this client but with everything in real life) is good look, functionality is the most important. Good look you can improve when functionality is perfect. Ofc this is my opinion. Thats why please consider adding 2 options for hud, standard + digits. Also i think that digits actually look much nicer on screen because they take less place on it. Those standard HP/shield/ammo hud is ugly because its so huge. So please consider adding the 2nd option so everyone will be able to choose which one is better.
About ammo of each weapon I can agree, well i dont think its a cheat but it can be considered like it.
The bar over tee will be ugly, i 100% agree but functionality of it is just awesome. Also here you can consider adding option to choose if someone want to see it or not.

81 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:21:47)

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

I think this bug with the ignore shit is in the vanilla client too right now (i mean trunk version)... ill look into it.

@szyker: perfection is not reached when there is no feature more to add but when there is no feature to remove anymore.

*gV* rox ^^

83 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:21:37)

Deleted.

84 (edited by Sushi Tee 2012-04-20 01:39:53)

i only read the first 2 points.
u are right... im not willing to find an argument because im not going to implement it anyway and i already explained why.

edit: the current version which can be downloaded here will be probably the last version released for 0.6 as long as nobody finds a security related bug or a bug which rashes the client.

*gV* rox ^^

Suggestion (for TeeComp): Add a "Default color" command for the laser color. Since I have changed the laser color from Settings>Tee and I don't remember the default values.

Once in a century...

DARK HUNTER wrote:

Suggestion (for TeeComp): Add a "Default color" command for the laser color. Since I have changed the laser color from Settings>Tee and I don't remember the default values.

You can use the reset to defaults button for this purpose.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

The mac download here is now the newest version for 0.6 I could finally update it since my Mac is up running again smile

IMPORTANT NOTE: <-- yes i used caps
The new threaded rendering doesnt work in Mac (at least not for me) and will end in a crash. It is turned on by default so u have to turn it off manually in the settings.cfg (usually to be found in ~/Library/Application Support/Teeworlds (~ is the home directory for the user))
This have to be set in the settings.cfg:

gfx_threaded 0
*gV* rox ^^

88 (edited by HUNbalint 2012-04-27 14:45:01)

Sushi Tee you can upload win 32 client now  say file not found sad

89 (edited by Sushi Tee 2012-04-27 18:00:29)

actually it should work

I changed the first post and added the current links to the 0.7 builds. As always the build compile automatically the latest version as soon as i push the changes. The links never change.

i didnt tested everything yet sooo... report any bugs here or create an issue in my github.

hf smile

*gV* rox ^^

i downloaded pack.exe and datafiles i paste to tw map i started pack.exe and i starrt all screen is white and say this freeze and have 0.7?
i no see the 0.7client

91 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:18:56)

Deleted.

92 (edited by HUNbalint 2012-04-27 20:47:29)

i no modified starage.cfg
i only paste

@TeePhoenix: the 0.6 version is 0.6 and the 0.7 version is 0.7. Runs pretty well (at least on first tests)

@HUNbalint: i dont understand

*gV* rox ^^

you can debug this?
and I have win7 and this problem?

i could debug this if u telll me what exactly u did and which data files u are using

the client may crash if e.g. the game.png doesnt have the exact resolution which might be the case if u are using a custom one. Or maybe the font is missing which means u dont have the data files as u said or u are using it wrong (storage.cfg)

*gV* rox ^^

96 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:18:46)

Deleted.

i noticed yesterday... github sux for this. i gonna upload it somewhere else. the 0.7 links should all work.

*gV* rox ^^

98 (edited by HUNbalint 2012-04-28 14:20:51)

and you can upload this to full client with freetype storage autoexec .. no I paste?

99 (edited by Sushi Tee 2012-04-28 15:22:28)

if u copy the zip into your teeworlds folder (there where the binary is) and simply do extract everything is alright
u have something like this then

+client-pack
+data
storage.cfg
teeworlds_pack.exe
*gV* rox ^^

100 (edited by HUNbalint 2012-04-28 15:33:29)

nothing have change i start teeworlds_pack.exe the 5sec and freeze srv.exe
I nothing upgr no have only xxlddrace client