Re: 0.6.0 released!

Was out of town when it happened. sad
But its finally out!!!! Hooray!!!! smile smile smile

Once in a century...

Oh hey, nice! I downloaded the test version a couple days ago and it was really promising. Hopefully now that it's official it'll have quite a bit more servers as well. You got me interested in the game again, might be time for a comeback smile

To all of you (insta players I suppose) complaining about ctf4: You have all the right to use the old ctf4 on your servers if that's what you want. Fact is, ctf4 used to be crap in vanilla CTF the way it was, and the rework was very much needed. I haven't had time to test it yet, but I believe it's more enjoyable than the old one anyway...

Failuree @ Quakenet

53 (edited by Zatline 2011-05-04 15:39:19)

I love the new version!
I like ctf6! (very good map) and ctf4 is also very nice. I think chi1 did a great job.
But some things I don't like are also with in. For example, I don't like the big sun of ctf7 and ctf1, the moon of ctf3 is just perfect, it have the ideal size.
And the 2nd thing I do not like is that both maps ctf6 and ctf4 have the same background coloration.
I think it would be better to give ctf4 a night or morning coloration (example).
And 3th thing I don't like is dm6, the design of this map was worse. The background is great but it's the same out of ctf3 (again).
dm6 lost their shadows on the down side and looks bored now. sad
I wish me the old yellow sand style back on dm6. This style fit best to dm6.

Okay, this was me only criticism on 0.6.0.

The rest is just awesome and I'm very happy. smile
I'm very interested to see who is from which country. ^^

And finally, I hope the community will make more new costum maps now, after the release of 0.6.x. smile

Good job to all of you guys, keep on playing !!! smile

Yea! I like new features, maps, textures. Great work guys)

My nickname in game: Dark Twist3r. My team: Eclipse
I use&support TDTW <3

This is awesome work and the release was past over-due. Many ppl that are qqing now are doing it because the mods broke. But god who cares? Everybody should have known that. There are so many improvements that are fantastic (e.g. clan names, country flags, ctf2-gfx, aso) that I'm sure everybody will be happy if some gibbers have their iCTF / iDM back and the modded clients will compensate the code changes.

Question? search function
Short movies? Lappi's link loft
Teeworlds info'n'tuts on gfx? Landil's sketchbook

Thanks for all the work that went into this! It's great! wink

Yeaaah !!!!I love 0.6 !

J@nTeek!ller wrote:

J@nTeek!ller
O.o x.X
Pls change back to the old ctf4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salt wrote:

Salt
I played today and one guy said to me:"Fuck 6.0!".
I am not happy about new ctf4 and about the jungle mapres, it rlly looks better than before, but i think a new tileset (no edit) would be better.

Damn guys, why players from ctf4 can only play that map and they are so annoying ? -.-
... Still have Ctf4 in old style, with new tiles from 0.6, if this is making u happy [....]
big_smile
...Stop crying.

The new one is awesome! U don't even tried the new, i am sure...
mad

......... Btw.......
tongue

Nice work Teeworlds team

^_^=

*~°~~°~ Ryomou Wins... Flawless Victory ! ~°~~°~*
Support me: Subscribe!
[Fatality]

59 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-06-26 19:48:14)

Now all that is left to do is:

Bring TeeWiki back!!!

I was gonna say bring jeppo.de back (cuz he has a lot of helpful material) but now when I think about it...its much more easier to focus all information on one site rather than making the user search on the whole internet. So...

Transfer content from jeppo.de to TeeWiki!

Jeppo had really good tutorials and templates...

Grand Edit://The FAQs and DOCs are updated! Teewiki-one step to perfection!!!

Once in a century...

60 (edited by Tee Killa 2011-04-13 14:14:47)

So yea, I'd like to say, aswell as the others, that this update is my favorite update so far. All the new stuff is simply insane, from the country flags, over graphics, to new and updated maps and at least the interface "lifting", which is in my opinion a very nice and modern interface, which makes it easier for new people to not quite Teeworlds after some first tryings (seen for user interfaces' side) and of course after experiencing ingame wars etc., they hopefully won't quite ever. smile

Ok, here is a little review about some new stuff included:

Maps
(At the beginning I have to say that I did not play for hours on every new map, so this is manly a first impression review. For sure I played at least as long to get a good view of every new map, but as said, not for hours)

ctf1:
No changes, not in gameplay manners, not in graphic manners, so, no comment.

ctf2, ctf3:
Nothing to say about gameplay meaning, as it didn't change. So only some worlds about the graphical aspect. Yes, they got an update, as the the tileset got completley reworked for 0.6 and the maps look better than they ever did before. New tiles, for -and background just fit awesome and give every single map a special touch. All maps have there own character, now!

ctf4: Well, as for me as an instagib player the exchange of the ctf4's is for sure not the best thing, but as there will be a thousand custum servers up, this isn't real problem and I have to be objective aswell. Anyway, after some time of testing on a private server (so I played alone), I have to say that the overall concept is pretty nice. It is possible to gain a good speed, not an awesome speed, but it is just good for the map. Another thing I like about the map is, that is a somehow smal, so an alternative to good old ctf1 and the new ctf8, so again, for varity in maps. Maybe, at least I do so, I had some probs (only sometimes) with some parts which are in my opinion very convoluted, it is like, that there are to many obstacles in ones way, especially at the left/right from the middle. There are those 1 high and 2 wide blocks which come out of the ground, which are in my opinion a bit annoying in the beginning. But as said, I may can overcome those problems after several more rounds. The maps' style is very nice. There could have been some more varity between stones, earth and gras, but thats just a tiny thing.
Overall I would say: 7/10 - Not perfect, but very cool!

ctf5:
No changes, not in gameplay manners, not in graphic manners, so, here aswell, no comment.

ctf6:
One of my new favorit maps! Awesome look, awesome gameplay, balanced pickups, in one word: perfect. One thing I really like about it, are the death tiles. They give the map a special feeling, aren't wrong or bad placed, but can be used as a deadly "end" and in a worst case scenerio, they are your deadly "end". Not that much to say here, as we already saw the progress of the map on the official map development blog and we could already discuss several things only by some screenshots given. But to say, our impressions have been confirmed and the gameplay turnd out great. For beginners the middle part may be an problem, as they have to overcome a great high difference, but that shouldn't be a problem after playing a bit on the map. Here, we have some more viraty between stones, earth and gras, which is another thing I like. Aswell as the rest of the map.
Rating, from my side would be: 9/10.

ctf7:
ctf7, the new ctf1! Map was already public before the release of 0.6, so many people could "beta" test it. I did it aswell and I like the map, thought, ctf1 is in my opinion somewho more interessting as it offers an asymmetric gameplay, which gives to special touch. Anyway, the reworked ctf1, named now ctf7, is very balanced and in comparison to ctf1, it is symmetric, a key criteria for a good map. Many players criticized this and, yes, it was changed, so no more things to complain about. Well, the map offers fast placed movement, perfectly for 2 on 2 matches. Style is the same, made with the gras tileset and an "evening" themed background. Nice aswell!
Overall, an great alternative to ctf1: 8/10, as I still prefer ctf1.

dm1, dm2:
No major changes, no comment! smile

dm6:
First thing: "Ouupp?! Why the hell did I just die?" - Yes, there is the hole at the middle bottom of the map, nothing new, but I didn't die there? Aswell, my death wasn't caused by grenades... Yup, there are now some brand new death tiles for the generic unhookables, so why not use them in dm6? In 0.5.x times, you may remember those times, we found a flat right top, with a grenade launcher at dm6. Not anymore! Father Deather is now waiting up there to get you. That is one change when it is about dm6, and I have to say I like it. I think many poeple will avoid this place, not to risk to die, but I see it as a challenge to get the grenade launcher at the very right side. Not a hard challenge, but you could fail as a newbie or if you hook wrong or whatsoever. And if I am not wrong a smal thing was changed at the very left side, but I am not sure about this. I think, when you came from the top, the plattform where you can stand on, was storten a bit, so you can better get down in the cave. - Not rating as this isn't a new map.

dm7:
No changes here, so no comment.

dm8:
Aswell, an old map, but this map got several updates, too. There is this sparkling new whole at middle bottom of the map with, as in dm6 at the top, the generic unhookable death tiles. Pretty cool new thingy, sometimes good, sometimes bad. Gives the map again a "pit at the bottom with generic death tiles distinctive character". With that pit, the right bottom changed a bit, too. A bigger platform now found its way into dm7. Another cool thing is, that in the editor, it is now possible to change the colour of tilesets aswell, not only from quads, so dm7 got an nice visual overwork, too.

dm9:
This is the "scary night" map. With a dark blue background, almost black bushes in the background layers and very dark overall layout, this is one of my favorit DM maps, just seen from the graphical aspect but that doesn't matter. And, yes, I really like the new look. It is made with the brand new jungle tileset, composed of the main tiles and the (awesome) doodads, which give the map its own flair. And this flair, no other map has this flair in which dm9 was remade. Excellent! Gameplay didn't changed, so here aswell, no rating, or comment on gameplay matters.

Graphics

Many points of the graphical aspect of teeworlds got an update, too. We all know, that the great gras tileset is almost perfect, so for this reason I believe it hasn't got any updates so far. Maikka and red_com did a great job on this one. But, there are still three (!) more official tilesets included in teeworlds. The winter tileset, the desert tileset and the jungle themed tileset. All of them got several graphical reworkds.
     Let's start with the desert tileset: At first, it was splitted in two seperate tileset, the main tiles and the doodads. For the main, there aren't that many changes. Of course all the "ground" tiles, where you can walk on were reworked in a more teeish style, mostly by Crises. Aswell there was a fix of the yellow desert tiles, where now we have this "corner" tiles to complete everything in our maps. The background tiles, meaning the dark brown tiles, got an update, too, now we can built for example some diamonds or some gold nuts in our maps, or, aswell as some new cables, which are very user friendly, as you can build them how you want, so they aren't anymore like one static part, but rather much more customisable. And the second part are the doodads, which are composed of some new fences. There are still the old ones from 0.5 but aswell, some new, two tiles high, fences, which look honestly very cool! And maybe you can remember the old fire place from the jungle doodads tileset? Yes, the fire site got it into the desert doodads, aswell as some cool new stones and some little dunes. Another thing you can find are three new cacti, in a more rounded way then the others were and still are. In addition, there are now further cables, which you can easily place in your maps, as there are now some wall hooks were you can place them, so it looks better ingame.
     So now, some words about the reworked jungle tileset. The main was completely reworked for 0.6, aswell as the doodads. Main tiles compose now of several different huge stones, which are very customiseable because there are many different arrangements of them. It is still compatible with the gras tileset, as the change over tiles didn't got removed. The darker background tiles didn't change so far. They pretty much already fitted into the game before. Now, only around six things of the old jungle doodads made it into 0.6 tiles. We have three of the bushes, two for the ground and the one which is placed at vertical walls. There is still one of the stones which the moss on it and one of the lians made it aswell in the 0.6 jungle tileset. The last two things from the old tileset are the treasure chest, which was completely reworked and looks much better now and the second tile is the (sooo) cute little voodoo tee, which is lying in the gras. (I love this voodoo doll!). New parts are for example the four different kinds of grases, where all have a different high. The jungle house was reworked, too, it is now much more cleaner and much more teeish. Another customisable thing is the statue, where you can, for example let the tee, in it, look angry or happy, or you can change his hat. The base it changeable, too, aswell as the main statue, where you can choose between the tee and an oil. Last thing are the some additional lianes with a great varity.
     Last tileset is the winter tileset. All of the main tiles are still exsiting, but they got an update and now they look way cleaner and more teeish. In addition the tiles, which were completely white (the ones with snow and the white base) were reworked to some icy looking tiles with a lowered oppacity, so you can see the background a bit. Looks great ingame! If we look at the doodads, there aren't that many changes. For sure they were made in a more teeish way, but there aren't that many new tiles. We still have the trees, whereas the christmas trees are changeable (very top and bottom part of the tree) and, still, the flags, the skids and the igloo are present in the tileset. Inculeded in the tileset is aswell a snowman with a changeable hat. One with a cylinder, one with a blue cap and one with a red cap. A reworked version of the light chain is still in the tileset and the lantern is in the tileset, too. And the last thing, which I want to mention is the tee statue from the winter tileset, with a katana in his hands.
     The very background layers changed, too. Most of them are now seperated in two (desert and jungle) or more tileable layers (winter). The jungle background is now composed of one quad layer and one tileable layer, so here aswell more viraty for the user.
     In addition to the in 0.5 released generic unhookable tiles, there are now some unhookable death tiles, which fit perfectly to the main unhookables. Another unhookables were especially made for the jungle tileset. There are four different kinds of them: golden, steel, bronzy and another (which I don't know what it is) tiles. They are more rounded, too, in comparison to the normal unhookable tiles.
     As a completely new tileset, Landils death tiles made it into the 0.6 release, as it was somehow needed to include some death tiles, not only because they are used in ctf6.

Hope you have fun reading it, although it got a bit long... And please forgive me grammer or spelling mistakes smile

Greetings.

//Update: I added the graphics part, but I won't add something about the editor, as I write a tutorial about the map editor. And I won't write a UI review as I think it isn't needed...

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

i think this is the best update since i play teeworlds (0.4.X). All the new features are really cool!

awesome smile

thumbs up for the devs! great new teeworlds

please add russian language

gendalf wrote:

please add russian language

http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopi … 518#p81518

As already stated above, the russian translation was not finished, when we released 0.6.0.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Elite Tee wrote:

1. Update the FAQs
2. Update the Documentation
3. Bring TeeWiki back.

There are so much topics that need to be updated or replaced that you can't possibly imagine!

Flag missing > Bosnia & Herzegowina
http://www.parfemifm.com/files/bosna-i- … -00387.png

:'(

Alucard wrote:

that's funny as we simply forgot it. It was one of the test version flags xD. We will ship it with 0.6.1. But maybe you can help to provide a good language file / translaion for 0.6.1, too.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Alucard wrote:

I added the flag now wink

crises i knew u would get problem with these flags
=DDDD
... i am not the only annoying u about it

i am so Happy to see my country flag there !!!
thanks
tongue

*~°~~°~ Ryomou Wins... Flawless Victory ! ~°~~°~*
Support me: Subscribe!
[Fatality]

69 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-04-13 13:27:34)

Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:
Elite Tee wrote:

1. Update the FAQs
2. Update the Documentation
3. Bring TeeWiki back.

There are so much topics that need to be updated or replaced that you can't possibly imagine!

This one for example.

btw: in 0.6

Did the server configs changed? "sv_new new". I know "addvote" changed
Patch applying and compiling was left the same only now we use bam 0.4? Correct?

Once in a century...

Wooho big_smile
I translated Ukranian and Russian for teeworlds.com smile))
http://zalil.ru/30856962

71 (edited by Catalin 2011-04-13 19:54:56)

Complete romanian translation: Download

I'm gonna kill you!
My avatar was made by R.I.P TeBob.

Landil wrote:
Alucard wrote:

that's funny as we simply forgot it. It was one of the test version flags xD. We will ship it with 0.6.1. But maybe you can help to provide a good language file / translaion for 0.6.1, too.

thanks to You and Crises <3

i can help you translate it into Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian, it's all the same language smile

Alucard wrote:
Landil wrote:
Alucard wrote:

thanks to You and Crises <3

i can help you translate it into Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian, it's all the same language smile

I'm translating into serbian.

Ima malo razlike,znaš. smile

Once in a century...

You can tell a little about the website without clicking on it by viewing the http. Relax a little dude. wink

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

you don't need a dolmetscher between a seerb and a bosnian. it's just like british and american english smile