Topic: [GUIDE] Items (0.3x)

Here is a (updatable) guide for rookies (thx to those who contributed to this guide):

=======
WEAPONS
=======

*Hammer*

http://fps.network-hosting.com/teewars/tuto/hammer.jpg

- Class: Weapon
- Fire length: Low
- Fire rate: ~0.15/0.25 second
- Switch time: None
- Direct damage: 4 hearts
- Splash damage: None
- Ammo: None
- Respawn: None

This weapon is always available and needs no ammunition. You can use at very close range with other players in a melee.

*Pistol*

http://fps.network-hosting.com/teewars/tuto/pistol.jpg

- Fire length: Medium to high
- Fire rate: 0.1 second
- Direct damage: 1 hearth per bullet
- Ammo: Auto regen 1 bullet every ~0.5/0.7 second
- Respawn: None or 15 seconds

This weapon is always available and needs no ammunition because they regenerate every second. However some customs maps allow to pickup of it.

*Shotgun*

http://fps.network-hosting.com/teewars/tuto/shotgun.jpg

- Fire length: Low to Medium
- Fire rate: 5 pellets per shot
- Direct damage: 1 heart by bullet
- Ammo: Pickup weapon
- Respawn: 15 seconds

Because of  spread of pellets, the weapon is most effective at close range and  is almost completely ineffective at long range.

*Grenade launcher*

http://fps.network-hosting.com/teewars/tuto/grenadelauncher.jpg

- Fire length: Low to medium
- Fire rate: 0.5 second
- Direct damage: 6 hearts
- Splash damage: 3 hearts

========
POWERUPS
========

*Hearth*

http://fps.network-hosting.com/teewars/tuto/hearth.jpg

- Class: Health
- Amount: 1 by pickup
- Maximum holdable: 10 units

Raises your health by 1 point, when picking up hearth you can increase your health to his maximun value (10 units). Each successful attack from an enemy or opponent will deplete your health.

*Armor*

http://fps.network-hosting.com/teewars/tuto/armor.jpg

- Class: Armor
- Amount: 1 by pickup
- Maximum holdable: 10 units

Raises your armor by 1 point, when picking up shard armour you can increase your armor to his maximun value (10 units). Each successful attack from an enemy or opponent will deplete your armour. Armor works the same as health, but when you got damage armor reduces to zero first and only then u lost health.

=====
EXTRAS
=====

*Hook*
http://fps.network-hosting.com/teewars/tuto/hook.jpg
- Class: Extra/weapon
- Fire rate: ?
- Direct damage: None
- Splah damage: None
- Ammo: None
- Respawn: None

Very useful for leet tricks/moves. You can catch too your enemy with it and shoot him with whatever weapon.

*Ninja*

http://fps.network-hosting.com/teewars/tuto/katana.jpg

- Class: Extra/powerup
- Fire length: Medium to high
- Fire rate: about 1 second, strikes straigth forward when used
- Direct damage: 9 hearts
- Respawn: 90 seconds
- Duration: 15 seconds

This item is a katana that give high damage to your enemies. Katana gives a speed of 1000u/sec when used. When the player with the katana attacks, he gets a blue aura around him.

aka oop²

2 (edited by FireArrow 2008-02-25 11:02:15)

Re: [GUIDE] Items (0.3x)

change the yellow color and then remove this post ^^

lol, damn 60 sec rules

Used to be very active waay back

*allready done*

Someone can give me some help for times/damage ?
Or devs will better maybe (;

aka oop²

It sure gives newbies, like me (this is my third day!), an interesting guide for the items. A Teewars Tutorial itself (maybe explained in a video) would be nice, too. ^^

Without further ado, here is some weapon data:

Hammer
Deals 4 damage per hit. The fire rate would be about 0.15 to 0.25 seconds.

Pistol
1 damage each shot, about 0.1 seconds fire rate. Also, the ammo regenerating rate is about 0.5 to 0.7 seconds.

Shotgun
As fast fire rate as the grenade launcher, fires 5 (?) bullets at once in seperate angles, each dealing 1 damage.

Grenade Launcher
The maximum damage it can do it 6 points, when done right. I found out, that the splash damage at it's maximum is 3, because of the recoil.

Samurai Sword This item should be classified as a weapon!
- Length: Average/High
- Fire rate: about 1 second, strikes straigth forward when used
- Fire switch: None (What does that Fire Siwtch thingie mean?)
- Direct damage: 9

Ah well, that's all I could discover. I hope this will help a bit. big_smile

Omg thx smile

aka oop²

6 (edited by Kiljaden 2008-02-25 12:00:00)

Sure, no problem. big_smile
If you like to know anything else, feel free to ask.

I really like this game. X)

Addition: Oh yeah, how 'bout bringing up some information  about the hook? One of the most strategic thing you have to use in Teewars, and it's kind of an item, too. Speaking of info like climbing walls, avoiding shots and grapple players. I think it'd be a nice idea. =O

Fire switch is the switch time wink

aka oop²

When we're speaking of a rookie guide:

It really took me a few days to notice the damage meter is an actual meter, that is you can see how much damage you've done. Until then I thought those stars are just eye-candy.

You might want add to the hammer description that it's pretty evil using the hammer together with the hook.

Yay, i must add some weapons' strategies

aka oop²

10 (edited by FireArrow 2008-02-26 08:35:49)

Katana gives a speed of 1000u/sec when used. (I think one tile is 65u, but I'm not sure...) <---- NOT CORRECT, SEE airens POST A FEW POSTS UNDER THIS, OR SEE THE FIRST POST!

Edit: The caps

11 (edited by Kiljaden 2008-02-25 12:21:27)

bullet wrote:

You might want add to the hammer description that it's pretty evil using the hammer together with the hook.

This is a good example for Advaced Gameplay and should be subordinated as an extra topic, maybe below the Inventory Guide.

PrimeviL wrote:

Fire switch is the switch time wink

Wouldn't that be the same time as the fire rate/delay? I suppose it is. =/

FireArrow wrote:

Katana gives a speed of 1000u/sec when used. (I think one tile is 65u, but I'm not sure...)

Ha good smile

*edited*

kiljaden: i mean switch time between weapons

aka oop²

PrimeviL wrote:

Player has a blue effect when someone attack another one with it.

I think this part is quite hard to understand. Change it to something like: "When the player with the katana attacks he gets a blue aura around him", or something like that.

*done*

aka oop²

That's a nice guide there. smile

No, that is not me; it's just a figment of your imagination.

16 (edited by airen 2008-02-25 19:28:29)

According to an old matricks post, current velocities are:

matricks wrote:

ups = units per second, 32 units is one tile.
The gun projectile travels at 1500 ups.
The shotgun projetiles travels at 1400-1500 ups.
A grenade travels at 750 ups.
(Ninja cut is a whoopping 2500 ups)

http://teewars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=3603#p3603

And yet another much older matricks post says:

matricks wrote:

Pistol 10dps
Grenades 10dps
Shotgun 12.5dps

http://teewars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=717#p717

From which we can calculate that the pistol has a tiny 0.1sec reload time, the grenade launcher should have 0.6sec, and the shotgun HAD 0.4sec. However if I recall correctly the shotgun was nerfed in the beginning of 0.3.0 up to 0.5sec, which should give it the same dps (10) as the grenade launcher.

Also, the grenade splash damage is not 3, but simply linearly decreasing from the source of the explosion. The reason you only take 3dmg when shooting yourself, is because all self inflicted damage is halved. (Just like good ol' quake ;P)

(edit: spelling error)

aka kiwi

airen wrote:

Also, the grenade splash damage is not 3, but simply linearly decreasing from the source of the explosion. The reason you only take 3dmg when shooting yourself, is because all self inflicted damage is halved. (Just like good ol' quake ;P)

Ah, that's why. I really wondered. xD
Pretty good information, airen. This has to be stored in everyone's Teewars Player's brain. Scientology!

*stores more data in his brain, deleted family memories for more freespace*

"(Ninja cut is a whoopping 2500 ups)" Whoa yikes

No, that is not me; it's just a figment of your imagination.

*Grenade launcher*
- Splah damage: 3 hearths

I think should be changed to maximum Splah damage

Also i attempted to hit MYSELF with this weapon and max damage was 3 (can some1 test and disprove/confirm that?).
Numbers of attempts is about 50
Number of direct hits is 10-15
Number of splash hits 40-35

Well, again I noticed some crappy stuff, correct me if am wrong.

Tip:
all weapon in the game instantly switch when u push the button, but every weapon have own fire rate. When shoot and instantly switch ur weapon u have to wait fire rate time, only after it u can shoot again.

Pistol and hammer have very short fire rate, so u can make some shoots with ur pistol and almost instantly shoot with ur shotgun or any other weapon.

Armor:

Armor works the same as health, but when u got damage armor reduces to zero first and only then u lost health.

IMHO armor should take only part of the damage.     
For example: u got 3 damage, u have lost 1 health and 2 armor pieces (or in any other ratio).

Grenade launcher:

Grenade can explode in these cases:
1) Tee direct hit.
2) Ground hit.
3) If grenade’s fly takes too much time (I think its some kind of timer is setting up when u launch a grenade).

Grenade’s HORIZONTAL speed is always the same.
For example: u are running with uber speed, u can shoot left or right, but in any case grenade’s speed will be the SAME!

Grenade’s VERTICAL speed is depends only on direction of shooting, it is NOT depends on direction of ur moving and speed.
Only GRAVITY can influence on grenade’s speed (so, when u shoot DOWN speed is increasing every second).
So when falling with high speed and shoot vertically down u can hit uself  (it works only with grenades).
For example: u are falling or standing on the ground, u can shoot up and speed will be the SAME!

IMHO grenade’s speed should depend on gravity, speed and direction of shoot.

Shootgun:

Pellet’s trajectory is a LINE (gravity is NOT exert influence on pellet’s).

Pellet's fire range is NOT always the same (difference is about 1-2 cursor's diameter).

Maximum pellet's fire range is a little further (1-2 cursor's diameter) then maximum possible cursor removal. But only one of the pellets can reach maximum fire range, all pellets disappear after they reach maximum fire range (or hit the ground).

Pistol:
Maximum fire range is unlimited (bullet will disappear after hitting the ground or tee).

Bullet’s trajectory is a PARABOLA (gravity IS exert influence on bullet’s).

*To lazy to quote*

About armor:
I don't agree with you. I think it's great that they absorb damage the same way life does. Adding math to it (like absorbing 2/3 of the damage) will just make things unnecessary complex. It works just fine as it is.

About grenades inheriting velocity:
This has been so many times before, and the conclusion normally is that it would become very hard to aim with the grenades. Search around for more discussions.

About shotgun fire range:
There are no random factors in teewars. The four "spread pellets" has the same length, and the center pellet has a slightly longer range.

Well at least i say what i see, i make many shoots and each time pellets range was different (my ping was about 100, maybe problem in it?)

Yes, that could very well be the problem... In the same way you don't always see your grenade explode when it hit the ground.

24 (edited by ShootMe 2008-02-28 23:15:39)

Grenade Launcher is wrong in main post.
Should be:
- Fire rate: 0.5 second
- Direct damage: 1 heart
- Splash damage: 5 hearts

The nade itself does 1dmg from reading source code the splash is what does the rest of the dmg.

And Primevil you need to change quite a lot of spelling errors in the main post unless it was intentional =o.

ShootMe wrote:

And Primevil you need to change quite a lot of spelling errors in the main post unless it was intentional =o.

Which ones?

aka oop²