Topic: ideas

here some new ideas:

- more weapons like railgun, lightning gun, rocket launcher
- leave weapon of killed players
- change weapon automatically when there is no more ammo
- hitsounds like in quake 3. other sound when enemy got low health
- make a new hud... something like that: http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8062 … hudbm1.jpg

Re: ideas

- more weapons like railgun, lightning gun, rocket launcher

we'll get sniper gun in next version. other foo-guns are reduntant.

already done?

- make a new hud... something like that

this plain sux -- too boring quackish.

-- already done?
--- no, there is always the same hitsound

- make a new hud... something like that
-- this plain sux -- too boring quackish.
--- different hud-styles to choose in the options-menu

those ideas are very good

Sorry for my english; typical germans ;-)

distace wrote:

here some new ideas:

1. more weapons like railgun, lightning gun, rocket launcher
2. leave weapon of killed players
3. change weapon automatically when there is no more ammo
4. hitsounds like in quake 3. other sound when enemy got low health
5. make a new hud... something like that: http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8062 … hudbm1.jpg

These are not new ideas. This is quake 3 ripoff.

1. A new weapon is coming, the rifle, its some sort of variation on all the sniper weapons in FPS with a twist. The classical grenade and rocket launcher got combined into one in this game.

2. Weapon drop etc, we have thought about it, might make it in there, and might not.

3. This one is up for discussion. It's 30% irritation, 30% gameplay and 50% fun when it happens to someone else :D

4. I like this one. Will perhaps make it into the game.

5. That hud doesn't make sense. Think more retro. Make use of the fact that it's a scale 1-10 and not 1-100.

5. That hud doesn't make sense. Think more retro. Make use of the fact that it's a scale 1-10 and not 1-100.

Both variants looks fine to me. Well, choice between is always better tongue.

Don't try to catch the Night !
Useless simplifications is worst enemy of simplicity. (C)

Chrono Syndrome wrote:

Both variants looks fine to me. Well, choice between is always better tongue.

So not true. One good followed standard is often much much more useful then then 10 standards that you can choose from.

matricks wrote:
distace wrote:

here some new ideas:

3. change weapon automatically when there is no more ammo
4. hitsounds like in quake 3. other sound when enemy got low health

3. This one is up for discussion. It's 30% irritation, 30% gameplay and 50% fun when it happens to someone else big_smile

4. I like this one. Will perhaps make it into the game.

3. I usually laugh when it happens to me as well, but ofc that does not hold for all players. As I've become better at teewars then I was before, I've begun to notice that both the irritation and gameplay factor have been decreasing. Now I simply know better how much ammo I have, and check it more unconsciously, so if auto-weapon-switching would be allowed I wouldn't feel that it would remove as much skill from the game as I used to. But then again it can be a skill that beginners realize and feel that they can improve upon, which is important. It's still very fun too.

4. One very important skill in the game right now is being able to keep track of your opponents hitpoints(armor + health), especially in 1on1 (crucial) but also a bit in ctf if you are chasing a flagcarrier for quite some time. So I'm generally against it. Also in pure dm it can be both a good thing (less: random kills) and a bad thing (more: kill the weak one!). Then on the other hand it could be just like question 3, that is, I'm simply too weak to realize that it doesn't matter so much.

aka kiwi

I don't like the idea of weapon drop. It will lose the fun, for example, in DMs games. In DMs, you have to go fast get a weapon or you'll lose the 1st position.
But, if other tee kills a tee with a shotgun, you'll get it for you. I don't like this idea because of that; but if it doesn't exist, I can change my opinion smile

Old CTW... ~~> Let's win <[ToF]>

i consider of weapon drop idea to be bad

the weapon in this game is unlimited and is enough even for DMs

the quantity of bullets should be controlled by refresh rate that should be adopted by each map individually+weapon stealing(suicide) is the part of the team strategy

One good followed standard is often much much more useful then then 10 standards that you can choose from.

No, 1 thing can be good only for som people, not all. More choice = more satisfied people).

Neither position is categorically true. Game and software development isn't like Legos, where you simply assemble compartmentalized monoliths, but much more similar to music or painting, where your choice in one area affects all other areas.

I personally consider customizable HUD:s to be bloat, and while we might someday revisit the UI (and possibly enable custom interfaces) I would give it very low priority.

Something like this: when you get a double kill or something, there is a tee voice that says it:P

Some servers already have this: a gametype called Police and Bandits.

one tee is police, others are bandits.
If you get caught with a hook, your police to.
Last man standing wins.:D

omg its Brandon wrote:

Some servers already have this: a gametype called Police and Bandits.

one tee is police, others are bandits.
If you get caught with a hook, your police to.
Last man standing wins.:D

Ooh! Ooh! Which ones. big_smile

No, that is not me; it's just a figment of your imagination.

omg its Brandon wrote:

Something like this: when you get a double kill or something, there is a tee voice that says it:P

it should be switchable

i dont want to hear more sounds than i need...

We don't want to have voices that contain English words etc because it will cause problems when we are doing the localizations later on.

18 (edited by Chrono Syndrome 2008-02-26 14:26:26)

We don't want to have voices that contain English words etc because it will cause problems when we are doing the localizations later on.

Why ? Voices is not so important thing to tranlste. BTW: it's must be in twisted English, IMHO.

19 (edited by mrSimon 2008-02-26 15:52:46)

Making maps, I would like to see a way to give a foreground an attribute, so you could perhaps alter the physics a little.

For instance, if you have water, it would give more friction to movement, or perhaps make grenades inaffective.

Or perhaps a spring pad, which would increase the players Y velocity?

Perhaps the best way this could be used is a "kill tile", where if you enter it you would instantly die. It'd sort out bottomless pits in maps big_smile

The issue of VO has been addressed earlier, and it's not something I'll see happening soon -- at least not without a drastic increase in our operating budget smile

To drop the flag, so someone else can pick it up.

It would be nice if teewars had a web protocol like.. tw://1.1.1.1 (server ip) would automatically open up teewars and join the server.

airen wrote:

3. I usually laugh when it happens to me as well, but ofc that does not hold for all players. As I've become better at teewars then I was before, I've begun to notice that both the irritation and gameplay factor have been decreasing. Now I simply know better how much ammo I have, and check it more unconsciously, so if auto-weapon-switching would be allowed I wouldn't feel that it would remove as much skill from the game as I used to. But then again it can be a skill that beginners realize and feel that they can improve upon, which is important. It's still very fun too.

100% agree

aka oop²