Re: [CLIENT] Nodes 1.0.2

5 of 5 servers... 0 players .... sad

Mo2 wrote:

Just wait wink European players play at different hours than American ones..

» Albert Einsteein: I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

78 (edited by Mo2 2011-04-10 12:06:45)

As I already said there are lot security fixes missing. Did at least somebody read that? I've even no idea in which direction the nodes-development is moving. There is 0.6.0 out and it doesn't make much sense to fiddle in old patches when the main development is moving to 0.6.0 anyway. So far it was just a matter of time. Probably I'm a little bit surprised that it happend so early cause there are not many servers and even not many players out there anyway. But maybe that was just naive. My server get already compromised - See below. I don't know any Sandra and even my PW is not just abc. I've took down both of my nodes servers now. I had already that cause of headache at DDRace-Servers where I thought at first my server was crap but it was no technical failure but a failure caused by human which I didn't know before anyway and the old TW-small-packet-chrasher. I would not play this stupid crash/hack/whatever-game again - even I got already asked more then once that I should turn on my servers again. I would not do so until there happened something in the right direction regarding that issue(s).

If the development would stay on 0.5.2 I would recommend to take a look to old 0.5.2 (hated) ddrace servers cause they got a lot of security-fixes and they are running stable (maybe even more stable then the newer versions).

If not... I would recommend to change to 0.6.0 soon cause there are already guys that are using the holes...

[4da17c1b][]: 'Sandra' -> 'Sandra'
[4da17c1b][server]: player has entered the game. cid=1 ip=93.82.35.174
[4da17c1b][game]: join player='1:Sandra'
[4da17c1b][chat]: *** Sandra entered and joined the blue team
[4da17c1b][game]: team_join player='1:Sandra' team=1
[4da17c20][server]: cid=1 authed
[4da17c34][server]: cid=1 rcon='tune hook_length 100000000000000'
[4da17c34][tuning]: hook_length changed to 100000000376832.00

Mo2 wrote:

As I already said there are lot security fixes missing. Did at least somebody read that? I've even no idea in which direction the nodes-development is moving. There is 0.6.0 out and it doesn't make much sense to fiddle in old patches when the main development is moving to 0.6.0 anyway. So far it was just a matter of time. Probably I'm a little bit surprised that it happend so early cause there are not many servers and even not many players out there anyway. But maybe that was just naive. My server get already compromised - See below. I don't know any Sandra and even my PW is not just abc. I've took down both of my nodes servers now. I had already that cause of headache at DDRace-Servers where I thought at first my server was crap but it was no technical failure but a failure caused by human which I didn't know before anyway and the old TW-small-packet-chrasher. I would not play this stupid crash/hack/whatever-game again - even I got already asked more then once that I should turn on my servers again. I would not do so until there happened something in the right direction regarding that issue(s).

If the development would stay on 0.5.2 I would recommend to take a look to old 0.5.2 (hated) ddrace servers cause they got a lot of security-fixes and they are running stable (maybe even more stable then the newer versions).

If not... I would recommend to change to 0.6.0 soon cause there are already guys that are using the holes...

[4da17c1b][]: 'Sandra' -> 'Sandra'
[4da17c1b][server]: player has entered the game. cid=1 ip=93.82.35.174
[4da17c1b][game]: join player='1:Sandra'
[4da17c1b][chat]: *** Sandra entered and joined the blue team
[4da17c1b][game]: team_join player='1:Sandra' team=1
[4da17c20][server]: cid=1 authed
[4da17c34][server]: cid=1 rcon='tune hook_length 100000000000000'
[4da17c34][tuning]: hook_length changed to 100000000376832.00

I read your posts. The security hole is known, we need to discuss nodes development in the near future as we are not able to port it to 0.6. (Currently we inherited is the only coder hmm)

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

80 (edited by Salt 2011-04-12 20:10:49)

there should be collision tiles where you cant build on btw a tile that blocks building in its zone.
tongue

|D@RN|*$aLt.               sry for my bad english
|D@RN| Clan Leader

I played my first Nodes-Game today and I think its by far the best mod for Teeworlds!

But I still dont get it how to set up a server... where should I put my CFG.-file?
In the application folder? But there is no "config-directory" like in the standard teeworlds?
I'm quite a Noob concerning server settings and it would be great if someone could describe the difference between the "normal" server-settings in 0.6 and Nodes...

Hello,
today i was working on the details for my second input to Landil's Nodes Map Design Contest. I wanted to do a cave like in dm2 or the new dm8. For this kind of cave you have to use the "clipping"-function in the editor. I used it and in the editor it was looking great: Screenshot
But when i played this map on my server, the game seemed to ignore the clipping: Screenshot
I also played this map on a normal teeworlds-server and the clipping worked in well. So there has to be a problem with Nodes and the displaying of the clipping function ingame.
Here is a download for the map: Download (please don't play this map yet! It's still under construction)
If you know any solution for my problem please tell me or fix this bug!
Thank you!

Has a crippled face.

Hello,
sry landil smile but i am still surching for the nodes Source :S
could someone give it to me ?

Masteroftrees

84 (edited by [GMD]Error 2011-06-22 16:15:47)

You can find the source code here. (SVN)

If you are using Ubuntu, you can use this:

svn checkout http://svn.xp-dev.com/svn/nodes/ ./nodes_svn

You need the subversion package for this command.

Wasn't this modification supposed to stay closed-source? Just wondering.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Hello
I recently started playing nodes. I liked it, and I would like to suggest some ideas.
Idea number 1:
All obviously would like destructible blocks that can be built. Put a block, put the third, tenth and so on. The result was a wall, it is convenient? Probably. Came from the other team player, and kills some time this barrier.
Idea number 2:
Laser Turret. Attached to the "top" and shoots a laser to "target" (the enemy). It shoots pretty slowly.
Ps Sorry for the terrible English.

87 (edited by Mo2 2011-07-24 04:11:16)

Apmox wrote:
Mo2 wrote:

Just wait wink European players play at different hours than American ones..

Well... now few months later it's: 0 servers 0 players

But I read in some other thread that a small community is probably a good thing (so let's bite yet again some DDRacers).
Anyway I find it a little bit sad. Probably there would be a live-sign again if the contest ends, but I'm afraid it would took more than that. I still like that mod. But with too less players best graphics and gameplay does not help. Who said noobs are a bad thing?

Greetings,
Mo(2)

Hey community!

This mod shouldnt die, its very good. But why are there no servers?
I think it would be good to have 2 servers to concentrate the players to a server, for more players and fun. The most players Ive seen in a Nodes server where 14, it would be a cool expierence with more or at least like this.
Maybe a new version would give us more activitiy again...

Loving TW since 2010 smile

I will take care of nodes when I do have summer holidays smile

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

90 (edited by Mo2 2011-07-26 18:28:30)

Jonas the Roman wrote:

But why are there no servers?

I can't speak for the others but the one and only reason why I shutdown my servers are security leaks. I played that annoying stuff already with old DDRace and would not play it once again in nodes. 0.5 based DDRace was pretty stable in the last 0.5.2 days (but I've cut out some stuff like the server-recording features - which I never used anyway). I'm not sure if I would ever take time to fix the nodes part myself. I've thinked regarding that a few times but never found enough time. Probably at least that would be helpful for inherit: es_server.c from old ddrace 0.5.2 (this is a modified old 0.5.2 ddrace server source-part that should fix various crap). If I would start fixing nodes myself I would use that as a base.

Greetings,
Mo(2)

91 (edited by Mo2 2011-08-28 00:16:20)

I'm currently including some security fixes into the server-code of nodes and just found out that there is a static password included into the code. *lol*  - No I would not tell you which one but recommend you to remove the rconpassword to get little bit more save. Before the rcon-pw and the hardcoded one get's checked there is a part which should prevent authentication if there is no PW set. That means - remove sv_rcon_password from the config otherwise you would not just enable your rcon_password but even the hardcoded one. The source was available for a while so it's possible that some found it out and there is even a chance to get it out from binaries afterwards (so hardcoded PWs are no good idea at all anyway).

Greetings,
Mo(2)

92 (edited by dremy 2011-08-27 22:24:22)

Mo2 i know you by the forum and nodes tell landil make more popular nodes please because is a great mode but noone know it because is very hard to find tell her put it were teeworlds new versions are so people if they want they play t-w or nodes!!!!!.NODES MUST BE POPULAR!!!!!.

If you want a perfect map for your own server you can PM me to make you one ^^

Please also try play nodes you may download it here!. And as always.Have a nice day

93 (edited by Mo2 2011-09-01 01:09:06)

Well I've completed including some security fixes so far.

Added:
Limited password tries
Max connections per IP
Min delay for connections until new player may connect from same IP
Counter regarding crap messages

Removed:
Annoying hardcoded password smile

There are some new commands for the config:
sv_max_connections - Maximum count of connection from one IP server can accept
sv_min_ip_con_delay - Min delay in seconds of connnecting from same IP
sv_rcon_tries - How many password tries before ban
sv_rcon_tries_bantime - How much time will the brute rcon password attacker will be banned
sv_netmsg_limit - How many unauthed Command Tries Before ban
sv_netmsg_bantime - How much time will the unauthed rcon command spammer will be banned

I think this can even be continued because I remember some annoying clients that flooded with some messages and caused a client that was logged in via rcon to crash because the client got to many useless info via the rcon console. As far I remember I've solved that in the past by removing some dbg stuff but I currently don't remember which one caused that. Anyway I think that's not critical (it does not affect the server but is "just" annoying to admins that logged in via rcon when some dumb clients are connected).

All downloads are for sure without warranty of any kind. I did not really test a lot but since the current server version of nodes is leaked by a hardcoded password anyway I would not wait too long. It was compiled on old lenny so should run on many current linux-servers. Clients did not change.

- Edit  - Downloads removed after "-1" (read next post) -

And that said - I've already stopped my custom CTF server (which was most time empty anyway) and started hosting Nodes again. 

Btw. Is anybody knowing if current TW-Clients still crash if too many players are playing on TW servers and are shown on master servers?
But I'm afraid it would no option for normal master serves anyway so far cause there are still some playing old 0.5 TW...

Greetings,
Mo(2)

94 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2011-09-01 00:42:02)

Why do you call It Nodes 1.0.2? Is that a official new version client or a Edited client by you?
Official: Ok. Sry.
Edited Client: Give other name, please!

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

95 (edited by Mo2 2011-09-01 01:10:26)

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

Why do you call It Nodes 1.0.2?

Cause it's not 1.0.1 anymore which contains a hardcoded password which is a major leak (especially since the source is public) and cause Landil told me something that would not make me expect too much updates regarding nodes in soon future.

Is that a official new version client or a Edited client by you?

It's no client - and no - you are right - it's not official. Look into the server list man. Nodes is almost dead. Long time: 0 servers 0 players. Now: 2 servers 0 players. For sure I can fork a 0 server - 0 player mod again. But since I've invested time to fix that code and get already -1 for that I would remove it - patch and binaries as well. I would code even further and keep that source and binaries closed and probably call it nodes+ or whatever. *annoyed*

Don't listen to kids like HeroiAmarelo, the project is dead but it's really nice that you try to help :3
The only reason people aren't playing nodes is the custom client, it's really pitty sad I like the mod very much big_smile

BotoX wrote:

Don't listen to kids like HeroiAmarelo

Mo2 wrote:

probably call it nodes+ or whatever.

I agree

Mo2 wrote:

- Edit  - Downloads removed after "-1" (read next post) - [...] *annoyed* (In the other post)

Calm down man! Hey, Post the download links again, but I think that you really shoud Call it Nodes+ Or like you wan to. Sry if I was rude.

- Günther Branlutte

Mo2 is allowed to call it 1.0.2! Official development has stopped and he will get the rights to edit the official source, too. I hopefully can speak to inherited someday to grant him the rights. // I'm currently not at home, but when I am back it might be useful to chat a lil bit mo2. Feel free to contact me via pm mo2.

Ok. Sorry

- Günther Branlutte

I did not forget this thread and had already planned to put the stuff public again. There are already more servers online again and even more played the last days. That's good. But I'm afraid most servers are wrong configured and just put the sv_max_player limit to 32 or 64 without knowing that they could get banned if really more then 16 players would connect (cause they start to crash old 0.5.x TW clients that even use the same master-servers if players > 16). I've already asked Kottizen if I may include kottnet master as default (cause it supports more then 16 plaers) and coded an master-server-auto-selection based on the playerlimit into the server code but Kottizens masterserver is currently down so I would even delay this. I would test the count weight and how the clients would work with different masters (where Kottizens one is independend from the other ones) first. I think since Nodes supports more then 16 players it would be a shame if it could not be used afterwards. But the current way with the normal master-servers is not valid for more then 16 players and I'm sure nobody is using the right one (I'm sure cause the right one is currently down wink).

Greetings,
Mo(2)