Re: [FEATURE testing: slope] climbs & descent for teeworlds ground

I like the idea, and have decided to keep an open mind(I'm still much of a player in teeworlds) and think some new ideas would be nice, especially to go official.

Well done for making this idea a reality, maybe someone can work with you to improve the physics?

"it's great also into official TeeWorlds" do you know what's wrong with this sentence?

Teeworlds is correctly, TeeWorlds is false! (I see it so often, that many guys can't write Teeworlds correctly.)

28 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-06-08 20:39:03)

2 Zatline: What's so damn wrong about that?
Anyway about the slopes,currently I don't see how could it fit into tw. It's not "teeish". But,the human mind is an amazing tool=>there are countless ways you can make your mod better. And you just might become an official developer...you never know smile

Best of luck smile

EDIT: We can add files to posts??? Nice smile

Once in a century...

Elite Tee wrote:

2 Zatline: What's so damn wrong about that?
Anyway about the slopes,currently I don't see how could it fit into tw. It's not "teeish". But,the human mind is an amazing tool=>there are countless ways you can make your mod better. And you just might become an official developer...you never know smile

Best of luck smile

EDIT: We can add files to posts??? Nice smile

How comes you think it's not teeish? It really fits with the Teeworlds physics, I've already seen some nice and innovative moves on maps using these slopes.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

exact, I have faithfully followed the physical Teeworlds, in planning the slopes, it is already playable, ........ everyone can try to improve it or suggest something

are the servers down? i cannot find that zorro server

-_- O_o ._. '-' ^-^

Snow-Kitty wrote:

are the servers down? i cannot find that zorro server

It's on 0.5.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

33 (edited by CarmineZ 2011-06-09 23:37:35)

i haven't serevers runned more, you should open one by yourself.......
if someone have created a map with slope, can share here his map

34 (edited by Dune 2011-06-10 14:55:48)

I only have my homeserver for testing... I tried to remap dm1 with some slopes, and the result doesn't look that bad: dm_slopes.map. It's pretty interesting when you know you can go from the bottom to the left or to the right side of the map without jumping.
However, I think this map suffer a lot from the cannot-go-off-a-slope-without-jumping bug.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

35 (edited by CarmineZ 2011-06-10 14:32:55)

i tested your map........but i believe that is a map too much small for a good game play with slopes.... if you try to edit a big map like ctf5, you can make slopes better, than you can feel that bug jumping is not a real problem (i think), there isn't any bug with jumping..... only because slopes is a New... maybe you are not yet Pro with its

I like the slopes very much!  But maybe the jump when you leave the slope is to strong.
You also can get VERY quick with the slopes and the grenade launcher (on the map Rampe). So it would be very easy to get quick and some stratetigies would become needless if they get official. You have to work on them, nice job! smile

Loving TW since 2010 smile

37 (edited by CarmineZ 2011-08-17 01:17:12)

these ramps have only minor defects that prevent the boredom of perfection, because I've tested a lot of time, and I think they are good as they are, with their small defects............ and if will become official, i hope that official mappers, know how to balance ramps and ground, to get best gameplay

Generally the mod require an "jump adjustment" from slopes      &     something to limit the acceleration on descent

I am impressed CarmineZ, keep it up. This will become something amazing.

-SALAD

40 (edited by CarmineZ 2015-04-01 15:44:35)

coming soon: improve the code and update to 0.6.3

MySelf wrote:

Occasionally I visit the site to know at what development point he (it) is. My preferit gametypes is: ctf, ddrace, infection, Flagball, minetee, Ball, Bomb, catch16, ifreeze,... time ago I was elaborating a modification, and I wanted to put the best and most fun parts ... but to do this more simply, need to renounce compatibility with the client/server official version

CarmineZ wrote:

coming soon: improve the code and update to 0.6.3

MySelf wrote:

Occasionally I visit the site to know at what development point he (it) is. My preferit gametypes is: ctf, ddrace, infection, Flagball, minetee, Ball, Bomb, catch16, ifreeze,... time ago I was elaborating a modification, and I wanted to put the best and most fun parts ... but to do this more simply, need to renounce compatibility with the client/server official version

Wow!

Loving TW since 2010 smile

i really wating for it smile very nice

join  my telegram group  teeworld players  :  https://t.me/teeworlds2019
Teeworld Developers group : https://t.me/teeworldsdev