Re: [FORUM] We really need to fix spam

i found a blog where are also usefull extensions too:
how-to-easily-stop-punbb-spam

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

I disagree with that ideas. I'm not a spammer, but I am fond of write replies and topic without "teeworlds" or other words. I'm not a spammer, but I amnt ready to follow all antispawn rules. I can forget something, but im not a spammer (again, again and again!).

All antispamm programms are able to ban simple players.

I think that only brain can divide players into bots and simple players.

the extensions can ban users but also admins can unban them, you should better read the functions of extensions before posting not helpful answers.

And to add onto that, the "Teeworlds" idea has already beeen said to be more or less a joke but Landil's links look promising. I haven't looked at them but I hope one of more of them will be put into action. smile Good work Landil.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

i hope that minus will read that here and will do something against the spam

The spam comes from humans, not bots. The only thing that would probably work is Askimet but it's for PunBB 1.2 only. it's not like I haven't tried various antispam extensions.

Like minus has said, I think some of the spammers are actually human. Adding the CAPTCHA would be the first step, at least blocking the bots.
Here are my thoughts about landil's mentioned anti-spam programs.
Anti-bot, stop-bot, and anti-spam system sound all like ones to stop bots. I think it would be a good idea (but it wouldnt stop humans)
Registration approval would not do any good. Unless the username is obvious, and/or the user registered is similar to other spammer's IP, then I don't think it is easy to know if that person is a bot or not (but I wouldn't know).
Bad Behavior and Akismet are bots that stop bots right? It sounds good, but I'm afraid that it will ban non-spammers.

The truth is, bots can be stopped, but humans can't. The only thing that could be done against humans are to have active mods (or "Janitors", as messi suggests) to clean up.

USA pride. What now.

phpbb3 is coming closer ^^
take a look at http://friends-clan.tk
that is how a website could look with joomla and phpbb3, just some teeish gfx and it would be perfect as teeworlds.com smile

the think is i go to servers and some player is very good but other players dont know that and they kick him.                   o man i hate my self.Anyway I HATE MY FIREWALL...is not open the port for run my server,can you tell me?i must open this port or not?
by dremy.

If you want a perfect map for your own server you can PM me to make you one ^^

Please also try play nodes you may download it here!. And as always.Have a nice day

dremy wrote:

the think is i go to servers and some player is very good but other players dont know that and they kick him.                   o man i hate my self.Anyway I HATE MY FIREWALL...is not open the port for run my server,can you tell me?i must open this port or not?
by dremy.

offtopic?

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

I think he posted wrong/forgot to make a topic.

USA pride. What now.

Honestly I don't understand why they are attacking Teeworlds. Is there any particular reason why they advertise here so heavily? Maybe if we knew that, we could stop them. Also, if they are mostly humans then "Janitors" does look like the way to go.
I know some of these ideas have been mentioned before but I have some suggestions for new members. No signatures, no avatars, and they can't post links or images until they have a post count of 15 or until a moderator approves a full membership. If they try post a link/image it would be automatically removed and the reason would be visible to them. Of coarse they leaves open the opportunity to have mass useless messaging until their post count is 15, so, (to reduce the opportunity) new members literally aren't allowed to double post. Meaning, if they comment and try to comment again, they have to wait until another member comments before the system would allow them to comment again. Also, new members couldn't post on more than 5 topics a day or ether have a waiting period of 10 minutes before they can comment on a different topics. This doesn't apply to commenting on the same topic because I know most new members create question related topics and as such they need to be able to comment again if they have more questions.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Bee wrote:

I know some of these ideas have been mentioned before but I have some suggestions for new members. No signatures, no avatars, and they can't post links or images until they have a post count of 15 or until a moderator approves a full membership. If they try post a link/image it would be automatically removed and the reason would be visible to them. Of coarse they leaves open the opportunity to have mass useless messaging until their post count is 15, so, (to reduce the opportunity) new members literally aren't allowed to double post. Meaning, if they comment and try to comment again, they have to wait until another member comments before the system would allow them to comment again. Also, new members couldn't post on more than 5 topics a day or ether have a waiting period of 10 minutes before they can comment on a different topics. This doesn't apply to commenting on the same topic because I know most new members create question related topics and as such they need to be able to comment again if they have more questions.

I like the idea. Sure, we'd have to discuss about the figures, but the problem is someone needs to code this and customizing the forum stuff means a lot of work.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

Honestly I don't understand why they are attacking Teeworlds. Is there any particular reason why they advertise here so heavily?

They don't give a shit about Teeworlds, they just want to advertise. It's not a way to attack the forum, just a way to make cheap profit.

Profit > Cost => Go on!
Companies' logic.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Because teeworlds is so popular that they believe many people will see it!!!

Dune got it. Most of the spam is fully automated --> costs per spam entry is nearly 0 --> even if 1 of 1000000 readers clicks on the link they make profit. Besides they profit from better google search rankings.

Landil wrote:

Dune got it. Most of the spam is fully automated --> costs per spam entry is nearly 0 --> even if 1 of 1000000 readers clicks on the link they make profit. Besides they profit from better google search rankings.

I thought it were humans who spam our forums. If it isnt humans, it's easy to prohibit.

heinrich5991 wrote:
Landil wrote:

I thought it were humans who spam our forums. If it isnt humans, it's easy to prohibit.

The spam applications only need some human help if sth. goes wrong. E.g. if they cannot answer recaptcha or some "am I human" questions. But of course creating topics, posts and links is automated.

i think that punbb should have a report function like in phpbb3.
Somehow i got a spambot on our clanforum xD ....
But i think that the mods for phpbb will do something against it..

Greets jxsl13