1 (edited by analog 2010-12-14 03:07:22)

Topic: [Request] testing a map.

Hello, thanks for reading. You probably were not interested in the title, but you probably just read any topic with new posts. Anyways... what I am requesting here may be a big deal, or not.
What is this?
It would  be nice to know that someone out there could host me a 24/7 server with a password. If you do decide to give me this, I could PM you the password, cfg, gametype, and info. Thanks in advance.
Why?
I am currently making a large map for everyone to enjoy, and would need a beta testing server. More information could be found on my blog, at this link. The password is for a private beta, and for some players that I choose to test with me and give me their opinions.
What else...
Well, the basics are a password, uncrashable, 24/7. Would be nice to have an FTP so that I could update the map quickly. The server is not required forever, though. It is only needed for perhaps ~1 - 1.5 months.

Send me a PM if you are okay with this. Thank you smile

Re: [Request] testing a map.

There are some sites who could host servers.
Besides, you are an exodus admin or moderator, correct? Couldn't you ask exodus to make a server for you?
There are some other sites who host servers, like enS server is hosted by secu.in (last I checked). From what I know, you write an application to the site, and they'll decide whether to host your site.
Also, could I beta test?

USA pride. What now.

I can't use exd clanserver because it is CTF, and suffers crashes every few seconds. Yem refuses to upgrade to the trunk version until 0.6.0 comes out.

4 (edited by CarmineZ 2010-12-14 10:54:47)

just, open server from yours computers and test yours maps with your friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CarmineZ wrote:

just, open server from yours computers and test yours maps with your friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You obviously forgot that nuby is asking to test a map, because he CAN'T make a server (or doesn't want to).

Also nuby, try asking exodus to make ANOTHER server (They might not like it though).

USA pride. What now.

6 (edited by analog 2010-12-15 01:02:23)

Yem doesn't care really if i use exd. I will use this. Just hope that there are no crashes... but yes, you can test. send me a pm big_smile

anyone who wants to test can send me a PM. i am able to let 10 more people in..

Nuby, I already told you i would host this for you. I was just waiting for feedback from you. I will have it up tomorrow

-SALAD

8 (edited by fazer! 2010-12-15 13:45:10)

Why all the downvotes (to nuby's post)?
Anyway, I'd like to participate, but how would I PM you?

EDIT: Nevermind I found out how to pm

USA pride. What now.

hey can u tell me pw?? next time i find u alone in room?? ive seen the server btw

>:]

sure, once i know the password myself. going to start testing in about 2 days.