Re: [IDEAS]New MOD

Slayer *gV* wrote:

Btw: (3) isnt possible without client mod (at least making the ball tee-sized etc.)

It is possible, if I remember correctly, using the grenade and increasing its entity size server-side.

The first idea is interesting though.

Broken wrote:

This is seriously one of the most negative and unfriendly forums I've ever been on.

I'm curious to know on which forums you have been before. Maybe this one?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

27 (edited by Broken 2011-10-03 22:35:48)

Hehehe, actually you both are cool posters and I didn't have you in mind. smile <3

Slayer *gV* wrote:

Nice leading in.

Btw: (3) isnt possible without client mod (at least making the ball tee-sized etc.)

Couldn't you use an actual dummy tee with a skin and modded physics for it?

Broken wrote:

This is seriously one of the most negative and unfriendly forums I've ever been on.

Modifications of Teeworlds has become a very sensitive subject in the past two years. People have strong opinions and sometimes they simply get out of control. The main reason behind this "modophobia" is that over 50% of the servers right now are running on non-pure game types. That means they essentially they use Teeworlds as a game engine and not as a complete game. Whether this should be appreciated and encouraged or hated and discouraged, that's up to each individual here to judge.

Very few, if any, of the offensive posts here are meant to offend individual people personally. It's just a third way of criticizing.

Nice post, Kottizen, guess I'm overly sensitive.

30 (edited by Nilaya 2011-10-03 23:14:45)

"(1) Protect the King - Designate one tee on each team to be "king" and give that tee extra health points. The goal is to kill the other teams king (just once). Other teammates can die multiple times. "

Also known as Joey Mod! All hail the Joey!

Broken wrote:

(1) Protect the King - Designate one tee on each team to be "king" and give that tee extra health points. The goal is to kill the other teams king (just once). Other teammates can die multiple times.

Sounds interesting.

Broken wrote:

(2) Tag - It sounds stupidly simple, but it is kinda fun to play. One tee randomly starts as "it" then can only pass the "it" via hooking another tee. at the end of a minute or two, the "it" tee scores -10, round restarts.

BOMB Mod (http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3965)
Btw, if anyone is interessted in bomb i could port it to 0.6.1. wink

Broken wrote:

(3) Dragball - suggested by Kuma, this idea is likes the basketball, but make the ball tee-sized, lighter, hookable, hammerable, and make it roll also, with some kind of basket or goal.

Slayer *gV* wrote:

It's possible without client mod. Just render a tee's character as the ball. Then change the gravity of it, decrease the ground friction (to make it slide over the ground) and add bouncing.

hey, I know some idea's so tell me your Email I tell than tongue

Post them here... Or make a new thread -.-

Instagib Zombies Is a Mod I've been making but i Keep Forgetting to Finish it. Not like wPanic but ORIGIONAL Zombies Like Waves... Except With Instagib Lasers!!! I Think it would be cool but like Mega Might Take like 10 Hits Since he Is Almost Unstoppable ^^ The Tee's have normal Health so that The Zombie Hammers Can Kill Them. I Thought It Sounded Like a Cool Idea But I hate wasting my time on C++ And others can probably Code better than me... so Yeah! If You can make the mod Have fun doing so!

Italic text

Instagib = one shot one kill. So you're just asking for a laser-only gametype, not an instagib one.
By The Way You Do Not Need To Use Caps On Every Letter.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Okay i give you a pro tip:
Just try to read the source code and try to understand what object / class / function means and what could be what.
Just guess the values while runtime, find bugs and make "breakpoints".
This takes long (sometimes) but its the work worth!
And.. I wanted to make a small teleport system. I just looked around 5 files and knew what it had to do.
And then when i restart it just crashed or kills me 10000 times.
Funny thing but the problem was i had to reset the teleport counter. AND that took me 2 hours until i figured out that in the GameController Construct the value m_aNumSpawnpoints will be reseted. (i added the teleport counter too and everythin was fine bro ).

smile

Just when you're dealing with a problem and you REALLY dont know what to do, open a topic or something like this.
(of course in the beginning you can ask when you got problems but who cares? )