1 (edited by Destiny 2010-10-26 22:07:21)

Topic: Teeworlds scoring and stats system ingame

The scoring ans stats system of Teeworlds is very unique I think. I never saw a more or less ego-shooter with such a scoring system where only kills are counted.
If you kill an enemy you get a point. If your enemy kills you, he will get a point for that. You don't really suffer from being killed because you don't get any negative influence on your score.

So now I wonder, why does Teeworlds developed its own scoring system?

It's great for 1on1 DM because you actually can see your score by relating your score to your enemy's but in TDM or CTF where often more players play together I think you are totally lost in your stats. You can't get to know whether you're good or not. Of course you can count your deaths and look up your score or just measure it up approximately.

Maybe it would be better to show the kills and deaths when you press TAB and have a look onto the scores table. So you can easily figure out if you were good or not. That could also be a suggestion for version 0.6 of Teeworlds.
Or maybe it could turn out into a client mod which shows also the deaths of yourself in the scores table, provided that any modder wants to write "some" code for it and compiles it. smile

I worked on a screenshot to show how it could look like (the first two scores on the right side):
http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/2bhtbkj4/thumb/new_score_system_example.jpg

Please post your opinions and thoughts about it... smile

\\EDIT: Forgot about the link to enlarge the picture :-/

by `aka~ Destiny'
Teeworlds-Server: www.destinyhas.gotdns.com:8302

Re: Teeworlds scoring and stats system ingame

try the teecomp client (or maybe gamer client) smile

Teecomp is a nice modded client that already allows you to see detailled stats from your game like your kills, deaths, ratio, and other interesting stats on the most used weapons. As it's open-source and pretty clean, a lot of modded clients patched it - you'll probably see this additional scoreboard a bit everywhere.

Also, you can see there that the player individual score isn't based only on frags, but also on frag grabs, and captures. It's a relevant stat system when playing in CTF and DM.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

Teecomp is a nice modded client that already allows you to see detailled stats from your game like your kills, deaths, ratio, and other interesting stats on the most used weapons. As it's open-source and pretty clean, a lot of modded clients patched it - you'll probably see this additional scoreboard a bit everywhere.

Also, you can see there that the player individual score isn't based only on frags, but also on frag grabs, and captures. It's a relevant stat system when playing in CTF and DM.

Yes and btw, don't u forget what you promised me ^^

To align the teecomp scoreboard in your gamer client - Guys with most kills on top and guys with lower kills arranged by the number of the kills all the way down ^^.

And separated by Blue and Red team if a teamed game tongue.

P.S.: Mb you could even add an "arrange by" setting with checkbox in the scoreboard settings of the client like so:

Ecample: Arrange by:

- Kills [check box]
- Deaths [check box]
- Flag Captures [check box]

And if one is checked, the previous check disappears tongue

http://www.teeworlds.com/?page=docs&wiki=CTFScoring

---> +2 for fragging the enemy flag carrier

not +1

Aw ok,

I didn't know that there is already a stats mod. Then thanks for posting this, the client will be my new default "teeworlds.exe" wink.

I didn't find it because in the List of modifications there is just written:

List of modification wrote:

TeeComp (CLIENT MOD) - Adds lots of nice features. - (Link here!)

It's not written tat it contains any specific stats improvements smile

by `aka~ Destiny'

Personally I think the ctf scoring system could be better if it made changed like what [Krypton] Sky said and other smaller things. But as for the suggestion, I made a really complex scoring system idea awhile ago and suggested it as ideas for the next version.
Look here.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Bee wrote:

Personally I think the ctf scoring system could be better if it made changed like what [Krypton] Sky said and other smaller things. But as for the suggestion, I made a really complex scoring system idea awhile ago and suggested it as ideas for the next version.
Look here.

I don't understand what all the numbers mean, and some infos look pretty unrelevant... when watching the picture, I don't have any idea within the 5s if I did a nice match or not. And how could you know how much damage you dealt, how much health and armor you removed?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

There are rarely games where u get minus points for getting killed, except for suicide, which is integrated by default in teeworlds and all other common games. use the search function for fucks sake and do me a favor by deleting this useless shit discussion.

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

10 (edited by Destiny 2010-10-28 13:50:24)

First:

user11314 wrote:

use the search function for fucks sake

--> I actually did it...

Second: You don't lose points if you are killed.. or did I get your point wrong?

Third: Stop flaming and just skip this topic if you don't want to read it, omg!

Fourth:

user11314 wrote:

deleting this useless shit

--> I think this topic is informative and useful...

by `aka~ Destiny'

11 (edited by Bee 2010-10-28 18:43:35)

Dune wrote:

I don't understand what all the numbers mean, and some infos look pretty unrelevant... when watching the picture, I don't have any idea within the 5s if I did a nice match or not. And how could you know how much damage you dealt, how much health and armor you removed?

I probably should have made myself clear. Look here for the explanations.
5s?
You wouldn't know, but the new scoring system would "write" all that down for you and even do some calculations in a description of how well someone did in a game. In this case, they got a "Good job!" based off of their score and then put up against the general scoring of the average player's score. However higher or lower the score is placed away from 0--0 being an average player's score--that's how the estimate would be made. The higher the number, the better the player; the lower the number, the poorer the player.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

You still didn't answer to a part of my post.
What's the use of printing the hammer accuracy and counting in in the general accuracy? There are so much unrelevant statistics... do not overload your stat screen.
And how can you get some infos such as:

[Damage given] is how many hearts and shields you took from other tees.

That's impossible!

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

What's the use of printing the hammer accuracy and counting in in the general accuracy? There are so much unrelevant statistics... do not overload your stat screen.
And how can you get some infos such as:

[Damage given] is how many hearts and shields you took from other tees.

That's impossible!

till 0.6.0 or just dont count the damage done by bullets outside your view

You can't know how much shields/health you removed, and it's hard to know who hit somebody when the servers send the damage stars info.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

It might be irrelevant, but I never said the new scoreboard had to be a particular way. If no one finds them relevant for anything, take 'em out, if some do and some don't then add the option to show "bla bla" and not "yati yata" in the scoreboard.

Dune wrote:

You can't know how much shields/health you removed, and it's hard to know who hit somebody when the servers send the damage stars info.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Either you're saying it's impossible to code a system to keep track of the damage dealt to other players, or it's impossible to count it yourself. But to clarify, I'm talking about the first one, not the second.

that was nice share you havesmile
smile
smile
smile
smile
smile