Topic: A few suggestions

I love the game. Really. And here's what I'd love even more (except for the obvious - weapons, maps, etc).

- Some text showing up every time you frag someone or someone frags you. Well, actually I was thinking of a rip off of Quake where you also have emblems for fragging twice (or more) in a row.

- Server bookmarks. Really crying for it.

- And here's something I couldn't come up with a solution for: a way to limit random frags. Really don't know what to do about it, just some food for thought.

- Replays! :-)

And some technical stuff:

- Plain-text map formats (XML maybe?) - would make writing tools for the game a lot easier.

- You've denied source code modifications - so at least make it possible to mod the game in some sane way.

- Sane output in server logs (make it easier to parse)

I'm a developer myself and I'd love to help with programming in my free time. I just need to finish one of my projects first and I'll get back to you.

Overall - great job! The game really rocks. Thanks!

Re: A few suggestions

Hey, and welcome to the Teeworld smile

Most of your concerns will be addressed in some way or other, except the XML map format. We need a tight binary format that's easily transferred from server to client. Also, the 0.4 release features a very rich editor. Hopefully that should satisfy the mappers.

Feel free to stop by #teewars-dev anytime if you have any questions about the code, or feel like contributing. Or talking about pie.

Mmm... Pie.

robzon wrote:

I love the game. Really. And here's what I'd love even more (except for the obvious - weapons, maps, etc).

1. Some text showing up every time you frag someone or someone frags you. Well, actually I was thinking of a rip off of Quake where you also have emblems for fragging twice (or more) in a row.

2. Server bookmarks. Really crying for it.

3. And here's something I couldn't come up with a solution for: a way to limit random frags. Really don't know what to do about it, just some food for thought.

4. Replays! :-)

And some technical stuff:

5. Plain-text map formats (XML maybe?) - would make writing tools for the game a lot easier.

6. You've denied source code modifications - so at least make it possible to mod the game in some sane way.

7. Sane output in server logs (make it easier to parse)

I'm a developer myself and I'd love to help with programming in my free time. I just need to finish one of my projects first and I'll get back to you.

Overall - great job! The game really rocks. Thanks!

1. You have the kill messages up on the top left corner, but you maybe want something bigger in the middle like q3 have, right? I think that would get in the way but perhaps we should hilight the killmessages that belong to you. And perhaps a distict sound when YOU kill someone. How does that sound?

2. Going to do them. Just needs time.

3. We have worked a lot to make sure that random kills doesn't happen. First of all, there is no random in the teewars gameplay at all. Secondly, this is very much a mapping issue. Maps must be made so that stray bullets doesn't travel too far before hitting something. It feels like I'm missing a bit what you are talking about hmm.

4. We all want that, it's the big feature todo for 0.5.0.

5. I hate text formats hmm I've thought about doing import and export of layers and envelopes in the editor to text files so you can use them over several maps however.

6. Has been discussed a lot and a new license has been chosen for 0.4.0.

7. Example please.

Thanks for the good feedback smile

about kill messages
could u make em switchable?
basically after 10hours of playin this game ive never looked at them
id rather shut em down
+
i think a new option should be made in the 'names' settings- "show only friends(enemy) name"
basically i dont care who i kill, except a guy with a flag, but sometimes the friend's name helps