Topic: Teeworlds Elders

As Teeworlds has outgrown the "hobby project" phase, so has the responsibilities of those involved. We now find ourselves in a situation where it's more of a chore than a leisure, which is never a fun place to be.

Recently, we also suffered a greater influx of DDoS attacks, IRC zombie raids and general griefing which we, at this point, don't feel like having to deal with.

For this reason, we're now officially handing over the reins of most aspects of the Teeworlds day-to-day work, taking more of a backseat in developing and maintaining the game and its infrastructure. We've chosen people that we know and can trust.

Here are the elders that now will run Teeworlds:

minus, Server administrator
Takes care of the teeworlds.com server.

Oy, Code maintainer
Takes care of the code and merging patches from people.

Kottizen, IRC channel operator
Takes care of the IRC channels on Quakenet.

Magnet, Forum administrator
As before.

matricks & teetow, Teeworlds Gurus
Matricks and Teetow will still be advising and supervising the development effort, until we've found people that can fill that role adequately.

We are also missing someone that takes care of the website as a whole. We'll assign this to someone when we find a suitable candidate.

That's it for now.

Matricks and Teetow

Re: Teeworlds Elders

Wuhu! .. shame I cant play tw anyway.. XD

Nice to hear.

Programming is similar to sex. If you make a mistake, you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Good to hear that big_smile
I wanted to stop with Teeworlds when i heared that noobs open the new masterservers -.-
I hope that Assholes stop with that but we can't change peoples mindes wink

Wb matricks!
you nearly made me cry ^^
the good times i had smile

what is the website manager supposed to do?
i have a little knowledge in html and i'm learning
c++ java and html right now.
after a little break i started learning again in the vacation.
and a project is the perfect opportunity for me to increasy my skills smile
what you think about it?

«Honor øf Tees»
hot.bplaced.net/forum
We still search good Members

Nice smile
Have fun and good luck, new teeworlds-dev team wink

What about the github-source?
Will it stay on https://github.com/matricks/teeworlds ?

7 (edited by Dune 2010-08-29 19:02:05)

Eventually, this will maybe boost the teeworlds devlopment... fresh people to lead Teeworlds isn't such a bad thing.
I'm glad the story ends with a "They lived happily and had many children" smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Nice! Im really happy reading this right now. I would be sad when teeworlds goes down smile

Lenny

Dune wrote:

Eventually, this will maybe boost the teeworlds devlopment... fresh people to lead Teeworlds isn't such a bad thing.

Let's just hope that Oy will find enough time to look at other forks more often smile

It was a pain of long waiting the last time.

Good turn smile

Hi,
Thank you for all matricks.
I'm playing this game since 0.4.2, and well
in my mind, Teeworlds is more than
a game.
I've collected so many experience at all.
The story of Teeworlds deserves an
own film wink
Thx for your decision, and yeah.
Don't know what to say, so i'm
gonna play teeworlds wink

Finally Teeworlds is back again!!! Looking forward do see teeworlds as an even more popular game. Also good luck for the new members in the team!!!

13 (edited by HipHopBlond 2010-08-29 19:19:58)

I wish many years to this game and good luck to the new tw team smile i hope this never happens again!

And yeah, tw isn't JUST a game!

Hurray for TW beining back.

Teeworlds can't be killed smile

Gratz to all the new TW Team members.

privet

15 (edited by Lanta 2010-08-29 19:52:32)

We are also missing someone that takes care of the website as a whole. We'll assign this to someone when we find a suitable candidate.

I'm back active, and since i'm also a web developer (PHP/MySQL) I suppose I could do something for the community instead of doing nothing. I'm also avaiable as a moderator of the forum, if you need so, or anything else I'm able to do. Let me know, I want Teeworlds to go on.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

Hey! i am Jan...If u need a Website Admin i will be there smile i manage over 12 diffrint website types from littel hompges to website with community options like facebook.
bad is tha u don't knwo me good, but i think that can change big_smile...I am very good in the CM-System Joomla, tu fast in learning new Website systems. Also i am not bad in html and co, but also not a pro.
I thnik that i am able to manage the teeworlds site smile...Maby u can need me smile

I want to help Teeworlds in every way i can!

If u need more infos about me u can message me by pn or skype janytgermany.

J@nTeek!ller wrote:

Hey! i am Jan...If u need a Website Admin i will be there smile i manage over 12 diffrint website types from littel hompges to website with community options like facebook.
bad is tha u don't knwo me good, but i think that can change big_smile...I am very good in the CM-System Joomla, tu fast in learning new Website systems. Also i am not bad in html and co, but also not a pro.
I thnik that i am able to manage the teeworlds site smile...Maby u can need me smile

I want to help Teeworlds in every way i can!

If u need more infos about me u can message me by pn or skype janytgermany.

Your status says "New member"... maybe get some experience and you'll find your place in the community wink

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Hello everyone,

i'm m!nus and i'll administrate the server from now on.
First thing to change is that trac will be shut down.
After all necessary wiki pages are moved to git/this page.

I like, that teeworlds does not go down, but i don't like Kottizen... Sry, but i thik he is an Ass...

Swaggs wrote:

I like, that teeworlds does not go down, but i don't like Kottizen... Sry, but i thik he is an Ass...

Feel free to describe why, it's always easier to change if I know what to change.

How about masterserver-bans for botters?

«Honor øf Tees»
hot.bplaced.net/forum
We still search good Members

@Kott: Cause you kicked me from the lostserver without any actions from me... Youst4fun... I do not kick people 4 fun...-.-'

it was hard day for me sad
But i learn 1 thing together we can do it !=)
Let's rock again!!!
New people in administration i think something will be changed... Maybe it will be better, maybe not will see.
Matricks we will wait u back as coder, i think u need some rest after all this smile

RailGun!

24 (edited by Kottizen 2010-08-29 21:05:05)

I rarely kick people without any reason, and the most common reasons are cheating or flooding the chat. If you feel I kicked you in error, please send me a private message so we can solve it. Sometimes I accidentally kick people because it looks like they are cheating.

However - back on topic now.

Coold0wn: As bots aren't a problem for vanilla gametypes, yet, people who use them will probably not be banned from the masters.

Nice to hear this smile
I'm playing teeworlds since0.4.2, too.
And it would have been a shame if it really were the end of Teeworlds tongue
Thank you for all matricks.