Topic: ENH: autobalance

New option to teewars server could be added. If set, teams would be autobalanced, meaning if there are 4 and 6 players in teams, it would take player with lowest score (or player who connected last) and move to another team. (Remark: Teams 5vs6 are OK)

Re: ENH: autobalance

I agree with this, I jumped on a server today and found 5 people on red and 0 on blue. It was kinda lame, so I switched over, but still a 1 on 4 is no fun.

<JB4> hehe <3 matricks (not in a gay way though) <matricks> awww sad <JB4> thats wrong I'm friggen 15... <matricks> thats legal here in sweden big_smile

Good ideas. big_smile

No, that is not me; it's just a figment of your imagination.

JB4 wrote:

I agree with this, I jumped on a server today and found 5 people on red and 0 on blue. It was kinda lame, so I switched over, but still a 1 on 4 is no fun.

Isn't it more than likely they were doing something else than killing each other? There's plenty to do in Teewars, even on regular DM and CTF maps. Racing each other, nade jumps, dummy dragging to name the things I find the most fun. And besides, the game has a rather steep learning curve. That makes it possible for even a 5v1 game to be balanced if someone's skilled and experienced enough.

Anyway, I definitely wouldn't want team balancing to be forced upon me. I guess it'll have to become a server option someday [when the developers think of a good way of sorting players], but I very much hope the people running servers won't just enable it for no particular reason.

I don't know what nade jumps, or dummy dragging is, but it was just a normal map, normal server, and they where all just sitting there until i switched teams.

<JB4> hehe <3 matricks (not in a gay way though) <matricks> awww sad <JB4> thats wrong I'm friggen 15... <matricks> thats legal here in sweden big_smile