Topic: [TOOL] Server-Log-Script

Hi!

I've written a script in Batch (Windows) which saves the whole server-log of one session in a txt-file. This file contains after a head with time- and datestamp the complete serverlog of one session. The file's name is the date ( [date].txt ) and so all sessions in a day are saved with a head in one file.
I think this could be useful, for example to make statistics.

To install it just copy it to your Teewars-folder. To use it you must open it the first time with notepad or any other textediting-tool and you must write the path of the teewars-folder into it (I tried to make it without this, but Windows isn't as easy in understanding what I want as Linux^^). The place is marked and so it's easy to find. In the .bat file is also a little description how this script works.

You start the script (after replacing the path) simply with a double-click and instead of the normal server window comes a window with information about  for example the place, where you can find the server-log-file.

There's no guarantee for this script. It could be that it only runs on Windows XP and that you must logged in as administrator to run it.

Sorry for some grammatical and word-order mistakes wink and I hope that you could understand this text^^

Here's the link to the script:
German version: http://sh2606.funpic.de/server.bat
English version: http://sh2606.funpic.de/server_english.bat

If you have problems with this script post them here or contact me.

Greetings,

Sierra

2 (edited by jeppo 2008-02-14 20:20:46)

Re: [TOOL] Server-Log-Script

for linux

./teewars_srv | tee teewars_`date '+%d%m%Y-%H%M'`.log &

Thx for the Linux-command! It was hard to find the correct usage in windows and so I didn't want to make it with Linux too^^
Now only the mac users haven't something wink

Actually Mac is based on unix, and on the console level they work very similar. I think the linux command would work just fine for mac too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't use mac myself, so I can't try my statement.

Used to be very active waay back

I don't use mac too, but I think this could work