Re: [CLIENT] Teeworlds Gamer

Map Editor Corrupted smile

Ninja Style wrote:

Map Editor Corrupted smile

Sorry? There might be a little problem with the popups in the map editor (gonna be fixed very soon), is that what you meant?
Or are you trying to tell me it's not the last version from the trunk?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

heinrich5991 wrote:
Dune wrote:
DøñE wrote:

i found another bug...don't know if it was already told, but...
when you use ingame browse -> favorites
It lists you all your favorite servers. But if you refresh it should list them again, but it list all servers...

Doesn't happen with my ingame server browser... That's looking very strange. I never did any fix for this feature, so it can't be a version problem :s

getting the same bug everytime... it _must_ be a version problem wink (i think)

Just lower the ping filter from 999 to 998....

Problem solved xD

this just disables the listing of ip-addresses. if you click on refresh button in the ingame browser, it lists you all servers (like you clicked on internet instead of favourites)

heinrich5991 wrote:

this just disables the listing of ip-addresses. if you click on refresh button in the ingame browser, it lists you all servers (like you clicked on internet instead of favourites)

I'm sorry... i don't have that bug :-/

Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:
heinrich5991 wrote:

I'm sorry... i don't have that bug :-/

Neither do I...

Not Luck, Just Magic.

i found a zoom option in this client i am not gonna tell u where u can press to zoom i don't know if it was made on purpose or it is a piece of coding from other patches now i don't want this theard to be blocked so please delete the zoom option and if u wanna know what buttons u have to press pm me p.s i will only tell the buttons to dune if he doesen't know that already

I'm gonna kill you!
My avatar was made by R.I.P TeBob.

a zoom in spec or a zoom in game?

a zoom in game

I'm gonna kill you!

160 (edited by Sushi Tee 2010-10-10 19:12:22)

as anyone can find after 1min search in the patch its CTRL+"-" and CTRL+"=" but it only works when you are spectator wink

but Dune... seriously... u should remove the CTRL+"'" thingy or at least make it only usable for specs oO
(maybe i oversaw something but it seems allways available)

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

it is i found about that by mistake and i know it is considered a cheat zoom in game so i want it to be removed so it will work only on spec

I'm gonna kill you!

162 (edited by Dune 2010-10-10 21:36:44)

Sushi Tee wrote:

as anyone can find after 1min search in the patch its CTRL+"-" and CTRL+"=" but it only works when you are spectator wink

but Dune... seriously... u should remove the CTRL+"'" thingy or at least make it only usable for specs oO
(maybe i oversaw something but it seems allways available)

Somebody just asked spec zoom, I quickly implemented that for him, and posted the shortucut publicly, it's not at all a hidden features (there is none in the gamer).
It's really working ingame? F*** gonna check that the soonest possible. I've always been fighting this kind of cheat, wouldn't like to support it >.<

Edit: I tested it, and it works only when I'm a spectator, as planned.... how did you do to have an ingame zoom? Oo
Edit2: What you are saying is a bit strange... "it only works when you are spectator" and "you should make it only usable for specs". You can see in the patch it's only working for spectators... are binaries not matching sources? I'd be very surprised if that was the case, and it would be a modification added by one of my linux compilers - but I really don't see Kottizen secretly implementing cheats into my client....
Edit3: Are you really sure it's working everywhere? I've been looking for a way to do that ingame, but didn't find.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

i didnt tested...
i just found 2 things in code where zoom is defined...
one in hud in the spec render function which ofc only work for specs and than another zoom function in gameclient...
pls have a look there smile

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

A bug? (Look at the tabs at the top)

http://i53.tinypic.com/11j7pxx.png

Sushi Tee wrote:

i didnt tested...
one in hud in the spec render function which ofc only work for specs and than another zoom function in gameclient...

plz dont remove the zoom function ingame, cause it is very useful for races... (yeah i know about the bug with the always sent flag, you could just hide it)

alias wrote:

i think its because your resolution is 4:3 and dune works on 16:9, on 16:9 there are no overlapping tabs

I think it would be of a great advantage if Dune could release the source code so that all Linux users could download, compile and run this client too.

16:9?
My resolution setting is 1600 by 1200

Thanks heinrich

Kottizen wrote:

I think it would be of a great advantage if Dune could release the source code so that all Linux users could download, compile and run this client too.

i think he _has_ released the sources

http://duneudne.free.fr/source/patches/ … _3.1.patch

169 (edited by Kottizen 2010-10-11 00:23:54)

Must have been very recently then, as they weren't there last time I checked.
However, let's compile and package it.

EDIT:

[ 91/130] #1 c++ src/game/client/ui.cpp
[ 92/130] #1 c++ src/game/client/lineinput.cpp
[ 93/130] #1 c++ src/game/client/teecomp.cpp
[ 94/130] #1 c++ src/game/client/gameclient.cpp
[ 95/130] #1 c++ src/game/client/clienthooks.cpp
[ 96/130] #1 c++ src/game/client/render.cpp
[ 97/130] #1 c++ src/game/client/animstate.cpp
[ 98/130] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/debughud.cpp
[ 99/130] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/chat.cpp
[100/130] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/binds.cpp
[101/130] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/voting.cpp
[102/130] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/particles.cpp
[103/130] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/motd.cpp
[104/130] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/hud.cpp
[105/130] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/broadcast.cpp
[106/130] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/killmessages.cpp
[107/130] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/mapimages.cpp
[108/130] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/damageind.cpp
[109/130] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/console.cpp
In file included from src/game/client/components/../../../../other/sdl/include/SDL_config.h:42,
                 from src/game/client/components/../../../../other/sdl/include/SDL_stdinc.h:28,
                 from src/game/client/components/../../../../other/sdl/include/SDL_main.h:26,
                 from src/game/client/components/../../../../other/sdl/include/SDL.h:28,
                 from src/game/client/components/console.cpp:26:
src/game/client/components/../../../../other/sdl/include/SDL_config_minimal.h:38: error: conflicting declaration ‘typedef unsigned int size_t’
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.4.5/include/stddef.h:211: error: ‘size_t’ has a previous declaration as ‘typedef long unsigned int size_t’
src/game/client/components/console.hpp: In constructor ‘CONSOLE::CONSOLE()’:
src/game/client/components/console.hpp:73: warning: ‘CONSOLE::local_console’ will be initialized after
src/game/client/components/console.hpp:44: warning:   ‘CONSOLE::INSTANCE CONSOLE::remote_console’
src/game/client/components/console.cpp:187: warning:   when initialized here
bam: command returned error: 256
bam: error during build

Develop cross-platform please.

170 (edited by analog 2010-10-11 02:09:14)

Dune: On some mods, where you have infinite ammo for weapons, such as race (grenade) it says no ammo. Is that possible to fix?

i will post a link to a video and i will show u that u can zoom

I'm gonna kill you!

172 (edited by Dune 2010-10-11 18:31:13)

Hey ! It looks like you should re-read a bit my previous posts, most of answers to your questions are there

I fixed it for some resolutions, but apparently, there are still some bugs for your resolution... didn't test everything sorry.

Must have been very recently then, as they weren't there last time I checked.
However, let's compile and package it.

I didn't work on the client during all this month, I guess I released them like 2 or 3 months ago.

Develop cross-platform please.

Maybe I forgot to include the latest fixes for linux in my patch... gonna check that. I'm trying to develop universal code as much as I can, but I don't know anything about conflicts with the standard linux libraries. I'll try to fix that soon.

Dune: On some mods, where you have infinite ammo for weapons, such as race (grenade) it says no ammo. Is that possible to fix?

Actually, the server sends "0 ammo" information, so I can't really know if it's infinite ammo or not. Usually mods send 10 ammo informations for infinite.

Sushi Tee wrote:

i didnt tested...

Catalin wrote:

i will post a link to a video and i will show u that u can zoom

Aaah... I think I know what you mean. There is a minimap feature (which I did not finish to build btw) that shows you the map all around you without the position of others players, even their nameplates, and your position is flagged with a green and red dot. This has been designed for players that play some new map (mostly race) and don't know where to go, or want a global view. It's supposed to be useless to get additional information and cheating, as the zoom is so hard it makes it unplayable, and you don't even really see where you are. Also, a little problem that appeared is that it can reveal the flag position in CTF (will be fixed in the next version).

Edit: Ah, and about the sources, it's not at all hidden, I've posted once that I was releasing the sources, and a link is available on the first page smile Though, its still 0.5 based as I didn't take the time yet to export it.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

dune u are right that's what i was talking about
it seems it is unplayable
about the client... i just LOVE it ^-^ G.J.  (oo)-b

I'm gonna kill you!

In the bottom left, it says "Ver. 0.52". Am i being too critical, or should it be "0.5.2"?

alias wrote:

In the bottom left, it says "Ver. 0.52". Am i being too critical, or should it be "0.5.2"?

No, it's a little fix I added to remove the bug "Teeworlds 0.52 is out! Download it at bla bla", as the version.teeworlds.com is sending a corrupted version string.

Not Luck, Just Magic.