Re: [CLIENT] Teeworlds Gamer

2 bugs... (currently using v3.1)

1) i have a friend called blue...

if i add him as friend the friend search finds bluekitty, darkblue, ...
in friends you should search for the exact string

2) i got banned on one server

when i browse ingame i get the message "you were banned..." and the client disconnects

i think its due to the client receives this ban message while he is ingame, so he disconnects.

2nd one should be fixed as fast as you can smile

JAOzera |BR| wrote:

I am having trouble using the ferramanta "Minimap" (for race) =/
with the keys (Ctrl + &) ? õ.o

correct me if I'm wrong.
I use winXP

Yep :\ I have another combination too.. i press Ctrl + à (which is at top left of the right shift as Dune said)..

» Albert Einsteein: I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

heinrich5991 wrote:

2 bugs... (currently using v3.1)

1) i have a friend called blue...

if i add him as friend the friend search finds bluekitty, darkblue, ...
in friends you should search for the exact string

Not an option by default, as you often add clans just adding their tag as a friend.
However there is an option to look for exact friends, just add the exact: keyword before the friend name.
Example: add "exact:blue" as a friend (without doublequotes).

when i browse ingame i get the message "you were banned..." and the client disconnects
i think its due to the client receives this ban message while he is ingame, so he disconnects.

That's a 0.5.2 native bug that I already reported and is fixed in the 0.5 trunk. Just need to take the time to fix it in my client.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

That's a 0.5.2 native bug that I already reported and is fixed in the 0.5 trunk. Just need to take the time to fix it in my client.

It can not be a 0.5.2 native bug because there isn't ingame browser in 0.5.2.

Yep, but this is working with the standard browser. It often happend even before I used ingame server browser, you ask masterservers for the list, you join a server, and you get banned.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

You could fix this before the tw-developer do...

With the ingame-browser the bug occurs more often than with the default browser

It only occurs with the default browser when you join quickly a game you were looking for - still it's very annoying.
Also, the TW devloppers already fixed it, I just need to find which ticket was the fix wink

Not Luck, Just Magic.

133 (edited by JAOzera |BR| 2010-09-10 14:55:01)

I found it! big_smile, here is "Ctfl + ~
(Keyboards with different keys)

my Art :]
I'm from Brazil -  help of Google-Translator

implement a screenshot button next to the demo button pls

You already have a bind for that, and the ingame menu are enough overloaded.
What's the problem with binding something, or using F10?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

i have got a little probelm,
always when i am using the browser function of your client i get diconnected from the server... no ban but it makes the browser function useless...
can you help me?

thx even just for tries^^

dont be hard with me:i am just a softdrink xD

Is there anything popping out (timeout, kicked)?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

there is a massage: banned for 5012312 (or sth like that)min
but its just kick no ban...

dont be hard with me:i am just a softdrink xD

FreshCola wrote:

there is a massage: banned for 5012312 (or sth like that)min
but its just kick no ban...

Don't you think a "banned" popup means you're banned?
That's exactly the problem reported by heinrich wink

Not Luck, Just Magic.

when will be out the next version of Client?
:}

my Art :]
I'm from Brazil -  help of Google-Translator

141 (edited by Dune 2010-09-24 13:09:27)

JAOzera |BR| wrote:

when will be out the next version of Client?
:}

There is no planned date.
At the moment, I'm pretty busy with academy, I'm just checking the forum every evening ; but I have very few time to program. I'm sorry, there will probably be no new version before one month.
Moreover, programming new features isn't my priority anymore, I'm more trying to help the main devlopment branch. Next versions will very probably only include minor fixes for a while ; I'm trying to focus on big things that could afford more to TW than just a new button or a checkbox in the settings wink

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Your client has become my default one ^^ the thing i like most of it are the unreal tournament sounds (everything else rocks 2), but i would really like to see some n/x|lvl things in it, i think there was a patch like this somewhere... :?

wish u best on your studies!

i found another bug...don't know if it was already told, but...
when you use ingame browse -> favorites
It lists you all your favorite servers. But if you refresh it should list them again, but it list all servers...

Ingame Name: //w®a* DøñE
Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

DøñE wrote:

It lists you all your favorite servers. But if you refresh it should list them again, but it list all servers...

Doesn't happen with my ingame server browser... That's looking very strange. I never did any fix for this feature, so it can't be a version problem :s

Not Luck, Just Magic.

How to run it on ubuntu? Write to me PM.

Kuksza[PL] wrote:

How to run it on ubuntu? Write to me PM.

Just extract the zipped file into your usual teeworlds folder, merge files, and launch the binaries smile
And this can help other people, so I keep writing here. If you want to tell me anything private, you can PM me yourself wink

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Yeah i want to ask something...

You see i like the detailed scoreboard a lot and i use it by default on tab button (it's obvious)

Soo the thing with it is... it's messed up, u can't see teams u can't see arranged scores... in other words u can't make a quick look like in the default scoreboard. I know it's from Suchi's client pack, but i believe there will be no problem editing it since this client mod is entirely yours. (please, please, pretty please)

When i open it i just want to have different teams (by colors if the game is team based) and aranged by max score to the lower one (like in default). I believe this will do good for everyone smile

This and the n/x|lvl tab settings are my suggestions for the next version (when u will be developing it) i would be very happy if i see even one of these features (especially the scoreboard ^^). Maybe you could even add language support, i see only good future for this mod, be creative tongue

GZ on your Great Mod!!!

Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:

Yeah i want to ask something...

You see i like the detailed scoreboard a lot and i use it by default on tab button (it's obvious)

Soo the thing with it is... it's messed up, u can't see teams u can't see arranged scores... in other words u can't make a quick look like in the default scoreboard. I know it's from Suchi's client pack, but i believe there will be no problem editing it since this client mod is entirely yours. (please, please, pretty please)

When i open it i just want to have different teams (by colors if the game is team based) and aranged by max score to the lower one (like in default). I believe this will do good for everyone smile

I don't really understand what you mean. You just want the players to be sorted by team and then by global score in place of just by id? Well, I guess that originally, this scoreboard is not stand-alone, just additional information to the normal scoreboard. And it's a creation from spl0k, not from Sushi.
Though, it costs nothing to sort the players by team/teamscore, I'll add it to the todo of the next version wink

This and the n/x|lvl tab settings are my suggestions for the next version (when u will be developing it) i would be very happy if i see even one of these features (especially the scoreboard ^^).

I would really like to stop focusing on features for single mods. I know I did that a lot of times in the past (too much times), and well of course I can't remove them, but I want to stop overloading my client with this kind of features - I really don't want to support this or that mod, they are sooo numerous smile
My goals changed since when I started with that client and now. I try to give priority to features that could help everybody - including the devs.

Maybe you could even add language support

What do you mean with that? The UI translation from the trunk, or the integrated translator from the Z-pack?
First case: well, it's just about exporting it to the trunk, it's one of my priorities, but it will take a lot of time.
Second case: hmm nice idea I need to check how they implemented that (though it will be 0.5 trunk-based for sure).

i see only good future for this mod, be creative tongue

At the moment, I'm a bit too creative actually, got too much big projects for so few free time. Need to filter a bit my thoughts.

Thank you for sharing your comments and ideas smile

Dunedune.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

I don't really understand what you mean. You just want the players to be sorted by team and then by global score in place of just by id? Well, I guess that originally, this scoreboard is not stand-alone, just additional information to the normal scoreboard. And it's a creation from spl0k, not from Sushi.
Though, it costs nothing to sort the players by team/teamscore, I'll add it to the todo of the next version wink

Yes because it makes a lot of mess, if u want to use it as a default scoreboard like me ^^ Like Z-team's mod (i was using it before i changed to yours and the only thing i hate is the scoreboard). I mean it has all the features and all, but i really hate the arrangement. Yes, as default scoreboard - the tee with most kills on top and the tees with less kills sorted on the way down, if the game is team based i want to see - blue team - red team separated like z-team's scoreboard (mb u could add other team colors support like black team - white team tongue (if we have changed that) ^^ mb u can patch the lines replacing it with z-team's one :? I don't know, but i know you'll have no problem fixing it ^^

Dune wrote:

I would really like to stop focusing on features for single mods. I know I did that a lot of times in the past (too much times), and well of course I can't remove them, but I want to stop overloading my client with this kind of features - I really don't want to support this or that mod, they are sooo numerous smile
My goals changed since when I started with that client and now. I try to give priority to features that could help everybody - including the devs.

I guess u have a point there, there really are a lot of mods nowadays sad. It's not like in the past when there was just ctf dm and tdm xD Guess it's better this way since there is a chance of overloading the client making it slow like the new z-team client :-/

Dune wrote:

What do you mean with that? The UI translation from the trunk, or the integrated translator from the Z-pack?
First case: well, it's just about exporting it to the trunk, it's one of my priorities, but it will take a lot of time.
Second case: hmm nice idea I need to check how they implemented that (though it will be 0.5 trunk-based for sure).

Yup, definitely second one. I can provide Bulgarian and Russian translations if you some how make Cyrillic support like them which will definitely be needed for the whole idea (+ in main chat - it will be very useful for ppl who use gamer and z-team clients) yes, check out all.

Dune wrote:

At the moment, I'm a bit too creative actually.

Yes u are and your client is going B.I.G. smile! But if i say that, u will feel more happy and less motivated to work xD.

Dune wrote:

Got too much big projects for so few free time. Need to filter a bit my thoughts.

I wish u good luck with 'em, Go drink a cold beer with friends ^^ it helps tongue

Dune wrote:

Thank you for sharing your comments and ideas smile

Thank you for showing attention, most ppl in this forum just downvote, ignore and play Mr. Smarty pants...

P.S.: Another idea: mb u could also add the mp3 support from the z client providing info how the mp3/wav file is named so ppl can add their own fav songs/ i believe it will bring more pleasant atmosphere to the client (if u don't think it's too much)

One more thing: if u have skype please send me your name on a PM for close contact ^^', thx

\\//

Dune wrote:
DøñE wrote:

Doesn't happen with my ingame server browser... That's looking very strange. I never did any fix for this feature, so it can't be a version problem :s

getting the same bug everytime... it _must_ be a version problem wink (i think)