701 (edited by Tee Killa 2011-09-07 21:45:29)

Re: [CLIENT] Teeworlds Gamer

Exit button in the editor works fine for me:
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6269/screenshot2011090721430.png
Also I never expirenced this crash bug with the latest stable teeworlds verison. Are you sure you use the latest version of teeworlds?

//edit: Uff, really sorry, I thought this was in support section, just noticed that is the gamer client topic. Shame on me!

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

Strip3D wrote:

There is a bug in the editor: If you want to Exit the editor with the Exit buttom the exit buttom is not visible

It actually overlaps with the end of this menu, didn't notice it, sorry. You still can use Ctrl+Shift+E or click the "Exit" label on the bottom of the menu.

Strip3D wrote:

And the map crash bug isn't fixxed (for me)

That's really strange. It's been like for 4 months that I haven't met this crash, it's really hard to fix as I'm not issuing it.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

703 (edited by Strip3D 2011-09-07 23:14:44)

will it be fixxed in the next version? (0.6.1)

(@ Tee Killa: i think you are using the 4.2 version, that is the reason why its not overlapping.)

Bugs:

Bug in spectators id:
http://www.tyimagehost.com/image-7D75_4E6A41D2.jpg

I don't see the fake button:
http://www.tyimagehost.com/image-3F31_4E6A41D2.jpg
http://www.tyimagehost.com/image-AE22_4E6A41D2.jpg

Another bug:
http://www.tyimagehost.com/image-290D_4E6A41D2.jpg

These buttons do not work in the map editor:
http://www.tyimagehost.com/image-672B_4E6A41D2.jpg

The bug with the version stuff is a bug of teeworlds 0.6.1 itself. It is reported on github already.

706 (edited by LimiT 2011-09-09 19:15:07)

Nice work with the new version Dune, but I'd like to remind you that the automatic TeeComp statboard screening is still not working wink

...and sometimes  the client still crash after downloading a map.
And i dont know why, but on one map the client crashed after enabled gfx full clear, with ddrace client it worked fine.

708 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-09-09 23:43:08)

ghost wrote:

The bug with the version stuff is a bug of teeworlds 0.6.1 itself. It is reported on github already.

Excuse me but when did this bug occurred? Because I saw it in my client today for the first time. I guess it's newer (I haven't played tw for a few days so I don't know ^^ tongue)

Once in a century...

Elite Tee wrote:

Excuse me but when did this bug occurred? Because I saw it in my client today for the first time. I guess it's newer (I haven't played tw for a few days so I don't know ^^ tongue)

It is common to all Teeworlds clients, including the vanilla.

schoho wrote:

And i dont know why, but on one map the client crashed after enabled gfx full clear, with ddrace client it worked fine.

The way it's done on the ddrace client is completely different and causes lot of lags when you come nearby teleports (I know that well as gpu is critical on my pc), because they are generating each tile at each render. The crash is new though, I guess it's due to SushiTee's fix. Needs to get a closer look to that.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Yeey lot of work done, looks great. Time to check it out : P Crashfree finally? :?

Dune wrote:
schoho wrote:

The way it's done on the ddrace client is completely different and causes lot of lags when you come nearby teleports (I know that well as gpu is critical on my pc), because they are generating each tile at each render. The crash is new though, I guess it's due to SushiTee's fix. Needs to get a closer look to that.

What fix do u mean? Maybe i can help u?

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Sushi Tee wrote:

You did some fixes in your race branch, especially initializing some variables to 0 at the beginning of some functions for the race entities. It should have fixed a bug that crashed the client on map rotating.
Unfortunately my debug softwares are gone when I formatted my pc, and I could not reinstall them.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
Sushi Tee wrote:

You did some fixes in your race branch, especially initializing some variables to 0 at the beginning of some functions for the race entities. It should have fixed a bug that crashed the client on map rotating.
Unfortunately my debug softwares are gone when I formatted my pc, and I could not reinstall them.

You use windows? Install Microsoft Visual C++ and compile the client with client_debug. Then open the teeworlds_srv_d.exe as a project in VC++ and klick on the green arrow big_smile
On linux: Compile with bam client_debug and open the client with gdb ./teeworlds_d then run and enter big_smile

714 (edited by Dune 2011-09-12 19:05:25)

BotoX wrote:

You use windows? Install Microsoft Visual C++ and compile the client with client_debug. Then open the teeworlds_srv_d.exe as a project in VC++ and klick on the green arrow big_smile
On linux: Compile with bam client_debug and open the client with gdb ./teeworlds_d then run and enter big_smile

Windows. I know the procedure, I was used to do it on my old pc. Unfortunately, VC++ debug doesn't work on this new one.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

oh... those things fixed the issues i had ^^

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Hmm I changed maps and enabled disabled gfx_full_clear, and some other things. But I couldn't reproduce the bug hmm
So whats the fastest way to let it crash xD, I can send the debug log to you because it's working for me ^^

This is a terrific client, but could you add one small thing that would make it enormously better for me; when viewing game tiles, I can edit the entities to look however I'd like, which is great, but the one thing I can't change is the pale blue background color. If this could be changed it would be perfect. Thanks for your consideration.

Broken wrote:

This is a terrific client, but could you add one small thing that would make it enormously better for me; when viewing game tiles, I can edit the entities to look however I'd like, which is great, but the one thing I can't change is the pale blue background color. If this could be changed it would be perfect. Thanks for your consideration.

Wouldn't describe it as terrifying, but well, just needs to add two lines in the code to make that changeable, so it will be done for the next version. Although, I haven't got time and motivation to draw a settings page for that, you'll have to use f1 commands.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
Broken wrote:

Wouldn't describe it as terrifying, but well, just needs to add two lines in the code to make that changeable, so it will be done for the next version. Although, I haven't got time and motivation to draw a settings page for that, you'll have to use f1 commands.

Nooo problem, thanks!

Hey,
I found a bug with the Personal Statistics:
For now I played 10 games and won 8 and the statistics show me this:
http://i.solidfiles.net/99c32.png

I always thought 8 out of 10 would be 80%... smile

wapps.

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

It's correct with my game, I don't know why it does that with you. Are you sure you won 8 games?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Yes I am. ^^
Now I played 16 games and my percents are going down more and more. Do you have to be the first on the scoreboard to get a win?

wapps.warpaint. wrote:

Yes I am. ^^
Now I played 16 games and my percents are going down more and more. Do you have to be the first on the scoreboard to get a win?

You win CTF/TDM games if your team wins, you win DM games if you are on the top of the scoreboard. I checked the algorithm, everything is okay, no idea why this is behaving like that.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

don't know if the bug is already said, but i'm not up to date with the topic wink

When i use the "Only show game tiles"-function the gamer is often crashing...only about 1 of 10 trys are working

If this is already reported, you can ignore this post ^^

Ingame Name: //w®a* DøñE
Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

Hmm weird.. I guess I just have to live with it and take it as it is.