Re: [CLIENT] Teeworlds Gamer

qfox44 wrote:

Great job! If your having some problems downloading off of the website you can download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sv0jv3fb3cxwy4s

Firstly, you only provide binaries in this link, so you're lacking all the data stuff present from my link.
Secondly, it seems the binaries you've put there are not the same as what I am providing (checked the file size). What did you change?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Maybe a different compiler or different compiling flags?

heinrich5991 wrote:

Maybe a different compiler or different compiling flags?

You only can use bam for this, right?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Bam is not the compiler. You could use both Visual C++ and gcc to compile for windows.

430 (edited by Dune 2011-03-24 22:42:27)

heinrich5991 wrote:

Bam is not the compiler. You could use both Visual C++ and gcc to compile for windows.

But you would need to compile the Python files, put them in the right folder with the right name, and recompile the whole...

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Bam uses either Visual C++ or gcc to compile. Bam is only the tool that executes the compiler (and the necessary python scripts)

I just noticed how much more faster the server browser in the new official teeworlds client is, once you export the gamer to trunk, will it become that fast as well?

It's because the server browser in the trunk version has an increased value of br_max_requests. You can change that in 0.5.2 too, just type this in the F1 prompt and press enter:
b_max_requests 100

Kottizen wrote:

It's because the server browser in the trunk version has an increased value of br_max_requests. You can change that in 0.5.2 too, just type this in the F1 prompt and press enter:
b_max_requests 100

That wasn't my point, my point is that the fps is dropping down once you scroll down to the lowest servers, and the mouse is veeery slow, which isn't happening in the vanilla version sad

435 (edited by Dune 2011-03-26 12:22:33)

Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:

That wasn't my point, my point is that the fps is dropping down once you scroll down to the lowest servers, and the mouse is veeery slow, which isn't happening in the vanilla version sad

I did not hear of such a fix in the trunk, does anyone know about it?

Edit: Thanks to Choupom and LordSkelethom, I've applied this fix to the client.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

please add function: resize in-game name plates.
(names above other oppenents resizeable)

i will be pleased if you make this in it wink

big bomb wrote:

Both of them failed with everything sad
There has to be some stupid detail I'm missing or something sad

Make sure you're using the 0.5.2 source, not the latest development snapshot.

RedBerry wrote:

please add function: resize in-game name plates.
(names above other oppenents resizeable)

i will be pleased if you make this in it wink

Gotta do this. Thanks for the suggestion smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

439 (edited by big bomb 2011-03-27 01:35:47)

Kottizen wrote:
big bomb wrote:

Both of them failed with everything sad
There has to be some stupid detail I'm missing or something sad

Make sure you're using the 0.5.2 source, not the latest development snapshot.

Yep it's the 0.5.2 hmm

*sigh* let me try to apply it again.

edit: still dosn't work sad

440 (edited by Dune 2011-03-27 11:10:25)

big bomb wrote:

Yep it's the 0.5.2 :/

edit: still dosn't work :(

That's strange :/
Are you using this patch?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
big bomb wrote:

Yep it's the 0.5.2 hmm

edit: still dosn't work sad

That's strange hmm
Are you using this patch?

Yep thats the one sad

maybe you could add a little "mappreview" in the browsebar. Maybe at the right side at "info"? i think this is a nice idea...i often have to join and disconnect a ddraceserver, 'cause i don't know which map it is smile
What do you think about this idea? smile

Ingame Name: //w®a* DøñE
Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

DøñE wrote:

maybe you could add a little "mappreview" in the browsebar. Maybe at the right side at "info"? i think this is a nice idea...i often have to join and disconnect a ddraceserver, 'cause i don't know which map it is smile
What do you think about this idea? smile

That's impossible, as you need to have the map downloaded. There would be a lot of other problems for the already downloaded maps, like where to put the preview, or how to preview the map without making the client laggy like hell.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I dont know if you just forgot it or you didnt like the idea, but for case one i want to reapet:
A add friendbutton in the call vote menu would be nice because some people got strange names...

thank you for notice.. (i hope)

dont be hard with me:i am just a softdrink xD

FreshCola wrote:

I dont know if you just forgot it or you didnt like the idea, but for case one i want to reapet:
A add friendbutton in the call vote menu would be nice because some people got strange names...

thank you for notice.. (i hope)

If they are your friends, you should be able to write their names smile
Adding friends isn't something you're supposed to do every 15 minutes, so I guess it's not too hard to directly add them.
I noted the suggestion though, thank you! smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

well i mean when they if they got spezial names with not normal letters-.-
i mean sth like ¤ or ñ you know?
i dont want from you to make a new version because of this but if you are realasing a new version you could add it

dont be hard with me:i am just a softdrink xD

FreshCola wrote:

well i mean when they if they got spezial names with not normal letters-.-
i mean sth like ¤ or ñ you know?
i dont want from you to make a new version because of this but if you are realasing a new version you could add it

Write in the settings.cfg config file

add_friend "[a_part_of_the_name_of_your_friend]"

or

add_friend "exact:[exact_name_of_your_friend]"

You should be able to write these characters in a notepad, at least. I'm not gonna make a feature just for that.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

448 (edited by HipHopBlond 2011-04-03 19:21:45)

Ey Dune, What up.

I see You've found and implemented in the 3.4 version that's about to come out, that server browser scroll down FPS lag thingie I've told you about, which is fixed in the Vanilla client. Glad I could be of help and thx, can't wait for the new version to come out, you've done some nice upgrades, I appreciate it.

Hey listen, I was making a Bulgarian translation for the new Vanilla client and I'm wondering, wouldn't be nice to make translation support for the gamer as well :? Or should I wait for you to export it to trunk :? I'll be more then happy to make a Bulgarian translation file for the gamer as well smile

EDIT:

Another thing: I would like to see a button to delete Recorded Demos ingame instead of going to the settings folder -> demos and delete manually, mb a rename button also wouldn't be a bad idea smile /in the demos tab

Cheers /hhb

Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:

Ey Dune, What up.

I see You've found and implemented in the 3.4 version that's about to come out, that server browser scroll down FPS lag thingie I've told you about, which is fixed in the Vanilla client. Glad I could be of help and thx, can't wait for the new version to come out, you've done some nice upgrades, I appreciate it.

Hey listen, I was making a Bulgarian translation for the new Vanilla client and I'm wondering, wouldn't be nice to make translation support for the gamer as well :? Or should I wait for you to export it to trunk :? I'll be more then happy to make a Bulgarian translation file for the gamer as well :)

There will be no translations for the gamer until it gets ported to 0.6 trunk. This because it is useless to rewrite large parts of code done in 0.6 in the gamer, and also because it would require a lot of contributions from the community to translate every new sentence.
In my opinion, it's definitely not worth it.

Hip HOP BLOND wrote:

Another thing: I would like to see a button to delete Recorded Demos ingame instead of going to the settings folder -> demos and delete manually, mb a rename button also wouldn't be a bad idea :) /in the demos tab

Cheers /hhb

This will be in the next version. Thank you for the suggestion! :)

Not Luck, Just Magic.

can u add that u can use a fakeskin with the fakename and color swicht foot- body?

... im German xD