351 (edited by Dune 2011-01-30 18:33:26)

Re: [CLIENT] Teeworlds Gamer

Var[TNB wrote:

]

Dune wrote:

Would be a great pain to implement. Huh, how is it supposed to be implemented? Parse a demo file, find which map was used, if the map is identic as the one played, find the time it took you to complete the race, spot when you finished the map - different mods do not print it the same way - then erase the demo with the new one, and all that in an optimized way? Seriously.

Such a feature already exists in the race client proposed by Teeathlon team to use on that event. I don't know how is it realized, perhaps it needs a server help, but it was.
http://teesites.net/hosted/teeathlon/download/
Here you can find this client.

Thanks for the link, but I did not find a download link to the sources.

Dune wrote:

You added more features to Teecomp. If you think that your client is worse than Teecomp, then you made it worse big_smile

My client isn't an improved version of Teecomp. It includes features from Teecomp, because a lot of players would be missing them - including me - that's all. I do not pretend I did anything to improve Teecomp, that's why I don't like when you compare them wink

Not Luck, Just Magic.

352 (edited by Var [TNB] 2011-01-30 18:38:30)

Dune wrote:

Thanks for the link, but I did not find a download link to the sources.

I think Ubuntu and Teeathlon team won't post them, or they would have done it already. Whatever.
Guess you understood the idea with game skins, hope you'll implement it wink
Later i'll post the screenshots with the bugs.

Stay wild big_smile

hey Dune!
it would be possible shortcut key to 'on ' and 'off' the show tiles
eg
  Ctrl + f11 = ON show tiles
  Ctrl + F12 = OFF show tiles

I think it would be much more practical
smile

my Art :]
I'm from Brazil -  help of Google-Translator

JAOzera |BR| wrote:

hey Dune!
it would be possible shortcut key to 'on ' and 'off' the show tiles
eg
  Ctrl + f11 = ON show tiles
  Ctrl + F12 = OFF show tiles

I think it would be much more practical
smile

You already can bind a switch ON/OFF button this way:

bind x toggle_full_clear

When pressing X, the show tiles will turn ON if it was OFF, and OFF if it was ON.

Var: I know about those bugs, I just need to know your resolution.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune, why all the buttons are placing fine, but your button isn't? Guess you can look how the other buttons are positioned and make your button the same way. But i guess that's actually what have u done, so i have no idea how to fix it, i'm not too good at programming wink

Stay wild big_smile

Var [TNB] wrote:

Dune, why all the buttons are placing fine, but your button isn't? Guess you can look how the other buttons are positioned and make your button the same way. But i guess that's actually what have u done, so i have no idea how to fix it, i'm not too good at programming wink

I did it the same way the Teeworlds developpers did. They said "put that button 200 tiles from the right edge and 150 tiles from the top" or things like that. But I had to add some buttons, so now sometimes buttons "coming from the left" overlap with buttons "coming from the right".
I just need to take case by case each resolution and rearrange the whitespaces between each button, but that requires a lot of work.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

@Dune and Alias

Well... I've got bad news... Your Suggestion, Alias didn't help me much (didn't at all)...

I backed up the settings file, got a fresh new copy of the latest TW Version and the Gamer 3.3 (Windows), merged the folders, ran the gamer, Whenever I press Alt + Tab in a server i can't move my mouse (in desktop) and whenever i get back to TW i can move it again, but I'm disconnected from the server...

Whenever i run the Vanilla Client on the other hand (I'm talking about the new clear folder with default settings) I have no problem.... This concerns only the Gamer and... I'm not really using any other client =/

Well I'm sure it would probably be impossible for Dune to find out the problem (knowing it only appears here) so... i just wanted to say I've tried almost everything and the final result is this happens only with Gamer and only on my PC (even after O.S. reinstall and clear folder + settings) I guess I must get used to it. The only thing that's not like all other normal clients is my large Downloaded Maps folder... it has over 4000 maps... but I'm far from thinking that the problem might be there, mb it will eventually disappear.

Thx anyway.

Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:

Well I'm sure it would probably be impossible for Dune to find out the problem (knowing it only appears here) so... i just wanted to say I've tried almost everything and the final result is this happens only with Gamer and only on my PC (even after O.S. reinstall and clear folder + settings) I guess I must get used to it.

That's really strange, the only way I could fix it would be a Teamviewer, but this doesn't work with Teeworlds neutral

Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:

The only thing that's not like all other normal clients is my large Downloaded Maps folder... it has over 4000 maps... but I'm far from thinking that the problem might be there, mb it will eventually disappear.

The downloaded maps folder is shared by all the clients, it's not specific to the gamer. And I really don't see which feature from my client could cause this issue.

Sorry, I hope you'll finally fix it hmm

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

That's really strange, the only way I could fix it would be a Teamviewer, but this doesn't work with Teeworlds neutral

Well, it will work in Desktop Mode, i have a cool program with a hack (i used it to mess with my friends PC's long ago) You may know it, it's  called Radmin. I'll activate the hack on my PC while you use the program to connect to it (full control). And we'll use skype to communicate (and to send you the program) :? If you'd like.

Dune wrote:

Sorry, I hope you'll finally fix it hmm

Well if not... i guess it may disappear in some new version...

360 (edited by JAOzera |BR| 2011-02-01 03:31:24)

Very nice, thanks!

my Art :]
I'm from Brazil -  help of Google-Translator

Hi, do you plan on adding the autorecord function for race maps on your client?

I know there is already a recording function but the one made for the race client (http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3167) is really useful because having the demo of your best run only is way better than having a 2 hours demo for everytime you play...

And I can't use the race client because I also play with the "show only game tiles" function included in your client..

Thanks

Read the F-ing topic

Stay wild big_smile

I did read the first post and found nothing about it; and I don't feel like reading 15 pages, so if you know the answer is it too hard to simply answer me, instead of being such a douchebag? ;s

zukolol wrote:

I did read the first post and found nothing about it; and I don't feel like reading 15 pages, so if you know the answer is it too hard to simply answer me, instead of being such a douchebag? ;s

The problem is that we were just talking about that in the last posts (the posts of this page).

Var wrote:

Such a feature already exists in the race client proposed by Teeathlon team to use on that event. I don't know how is it realized, perhaps it needs a server help, but it was.

As the sources are not released, I cannot use it in my client.
So:

Var wrote:

Read the F-ing topic

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
Var wrote:

As the sources are not released, I cannot use it in my client.

demo recording for races is included into the race client since the first release for 0.5 xD
Also the source is free to get as the teeathlon client is just the normal race client. The implementation is/was quite easy, too as it just starts recording when spawning and stops after dying. The time is read from the server messages. The newest version even provides ghost recording wink

The demo recording should work for the normal racemod. Im not sure about ddrace wink

Racemod source

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Sushi Tee wrote:

demo recording for races is included into the race client since the first release for 0.5 xD
Also the source is free to get as the teeathlon client is just the normal race client. The implementation is/was quite easy, too as it just starts recording when spawning and stops after dying. The time is read from the server messages. The newest version even provides ghost recording wink

The demo recording should work for the normal racemod. Im not sure about ddrace wink

Racemod source

Hey, thanks Sushi smile

Did not find the sources in the Var's link Oo
And about your way of implementing it... means there will be a demo created for each death, so what's up for other gametypes than race?

Heard the race client was open source, but did never find them. Thank you for the link!

Not Luck, Just Magic.

the client checks for the gametype if it is race (every gametype with the string "race" in it should work)
and then its recording a temp demo from spawn till death. If there is a new record the demo will be stored with a metching name containing the mapname, time and optionally the player name. the temp demo will get removed. The temp demo will get removed when disconnecting or closing tw, too. At least it should be deleted xD
In ddrace e.g. the reading of the time will fail (without little changes) and no demo is saved but the temp demo is recorded but will be deleted.

teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

can someone fix the bug with the spec-zoom background
if it is transparent it looks odd and that confuses me

freshmirun wrote:

can someone fix the bug with the spec-zoom background
if it is transparent it looks odd and that confuses me

I'm gonna fix that, thanks for reporting smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I heard,that is possible to bind a rendering the game tile.Could you try to add this option in settings?

Try wrote:

I heard,that is possible to bind a rendering the game tile.Could you try to add this option in settings?

I cannot add a setting to bind every option. Basically, the Controls menu is designed to help the player to set up the basic binds which are necessary for gaming - jumping, voting, shooting, weapon switching.
It's not that hard to write

bind x toggle_full_clear

in your console mode (f1) smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Tnx a lot.Now i can say,that your version of the client is the best.Tnx for work.

373 (edited by Catalin 2011-02-13 20:29:03)

Hi Dune

First of all i would like to say that   THIS CLIENT ROCKS GJ

And second:

i would really like to see the new client based on the new version of teeworlds becouse i really like the language thing and i noticed a folder named "FONTS" and becouse it is called fonts i would like to see a new option  in general settings where you could chose the font that is used by the client since it's named "fonts"

Ty very much for your work ^^

Example: http://img833.imageshack.us/i/66181028.png/

I'm gonna kill you!
My avatar was made by R.I.P TeBob.

i did it like this one year ago ^^

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9121/scr … 320022.png

*gV* rox ^^

dune, could you improve the demo viewing a little bit:
should be able to switch between tees while i am watching the .demo file.. maybe while i am ingame in spec, i could use while watching something like spec-following

big_smile 

Grees jxsl13

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds