Re: [CLIENT] Teeworlds Gamer

Hey Dune, long time no see,

Congratz on the new version, I can see you are trying to apply daily updates, knowing how busy you are it's just awesome! I like the new tab arrangement, the new features and almost everything, it's great... Still if it ain't too much to make my long asked tab order (in the advanced tab board) some map editor updates and mb you could make the motd screen to actually be displayed when joining a server it would be great!

Wish u best with the Client /Hip-Hop_BLOND

hey dune i really like your client but there is a problem or i do something wrong may you can help me with it i really like to play with your client but there is something wrong:

When i open; teeworlds_gamer.exe it starts up and then i see nothing ingame weapons are gone i see weird collored boxes + i see no text here is a image and the startup discription:

PICTURE

[4d380596][engine]: running on windows-win32-ia32
[4d380596][engine]: arch is little endian
[4d380596][binds]: bound f1 (282) = toggle_local_console
[4d380596][binds]: bound f2 (283) = toggle_remote_console
[4d380596][binds]: bound tab (9) = +scoreboard
[4d380596][binds]: bound f10 (291) = screenshot
[4d380596][binds]: bound a (97) = +left
[4d380596][binds]: bound d (100) = +right
[4d380596][binds]: bound space (32) = +jump
[4d380596][binds]: bound mouse1 (323) = +fire
[4d380596][binds]: bound mouse2 (324) = +hook
[4d380596][binds]: bound lshift (304) = +emote
[4d380596][binds]: bound 1 (49) = +weapon1
[4d380596][binds]: bound 2 (50) = +weapon2
[4d380596][binds]: bound 3 (51) = +weapon3
[4d380596][binds]: bound 4 (52) = +weapon4
[4d380596][binds]: bound 5 (53) = +weapon5
[4d380596][binds]: bound mousewheelup (331) = +prevweapon
[4d380596][binds]: bound mousewheeldown (332) = +nextweapon
[4d380596][binds]: bound t (116) = chat all
[4d380596][binds]: bound y (121) = chat team
[4d380596][binds]: bound f3 (284) = vote yes
[4d380596][binds]: bound f4 (285) = vote no
[4d380596][binds]: bound k (107) = kill
[4d380596][engine/datadir]: paths used:
[4d380596][engine/datadir]:     .
[4d380596][engine/datadir]:     C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Eigenaar\Applic
ation Data/Teeworlds
[4d380596][engine/datadir]:     data
[4d380596][engine/datadir]: saving files to: C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Ei
genaar\Application Data/Teeworlds
[4d380596][console]: failed to open 'autoexec.cfg'
[4d380596][console]: executing 'settings.cfg'
[4d380596][]: added fav, 00000000
[4d380596][binds]: bound tab (9) = +scoreboard
[4d380596][binds]: bound space (32) = +jump
[4d380596][binds]: bound 1 (49) = +weapon1
[4d380596][binds]: bound 2 (50) = +weapon2
[4d380596][binds]: bound 3 (51) = +weapon3
[4d380596][binds]: bound 4 (52) = +weapon4
[4d380596][binds]: bound 5 (53) = +weapon5
[4d380596][binds]: bound backquote (96) = screenshot
[4d380596][binds]: bound a (97) = +left
[4d380596][binds]: bound c (99) = say ^^
[4d380596][binds]: bound d (100) = +right
[4d380596][binds]: bound e (101) = say /pause
[4d380596][binds]: bound f (102) = kill
[4d380596][binds]: bound i (105) = rcon up
[4d380596][binds]: bound j (106) = rcon left
[4d380596][binds]: bound k (107) = rcon down
[4d380596][binds]: bound l (108) = rcon right
[4d380596][binds]: bound o (111) = rcon up
[4d380596][binds]: bound p (112) = rcon super_me
[4d380596][binds]: bound q (113) = say /pause
[4d380596][binds]: bound t (116) = chat all
[4d380596][binds]: bound u (117) = +show_chat
[4d380596][binds]: bound v (118) = say ughhhh O_O
[4d380596][binds]: bound x (120) = say Help me <3
[4d380596][binds]: bound z (122) = say /r
[4d380596][binds]: bound f1 (282) = toggle_local_console
[4d380596][binds]: bound f2 (283) = toggle_remote_console
[4d380596][binds]: bound f3 (284) = vote yes
[4d380596][binds]: bound f4 (285) = vote no
[4d380596][binds]: bound lshift (304) = +emote
[4d380596][binds]: bound mouse1 (323) = +fire
[4d380596][binds]: bound mouse2 (324) = +hook
[4d380596][binds]: bound mousewheelup (331) = +nextweapon
[4d380596][binds]: bound mousewheeldown (332) = +prevweapon

eeeeeeeee        (oo)(oo)    (oo)(oo)     (oo)(oo)   (oo)(oo)(oo)(oo)
     eeeeeeeeeeeee     (oo)        (oo)  (oo)  (oo)(oo)(oo) (oo)    (oo) (oo)
   eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  (oo)   (oo) (oo)(oo)(oo)(oo) (oo) (oo)(oo)(oo)(oo)(oo)
  eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  (oo)   (oo)(oo)    (oo)(oo) (oo) (oo)(oo)    (oo)  (oo)
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  (oo)(oo)  (oo)    (oo)(oo) (oo) (oo)(oo)(oo)(oo)   (oo)
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee                         v3.3
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee              Release date: Jan 15 2011
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
   eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

[4d380597][engine/mastersrv]: refreshing master server addresses
[4d38059d][client/sound]: sound init successful
[4d38059d][font/loading]: failed loading font fonts/default_font8.tfnt.
[4d38059d][font]: gfx memory used for font textures: 0
[4d3805a0][game]: load skin bluekitty
[4d3805a0][game]: load skin bluestripe
[4d3805a0][game]: load skin brownbear
[4d3805a0][game]: load skin cammo
[4d3805a0][game]: load skin cammostripes
[4d3805a0][game]: load skin coala
[4d3805a0][game]: load skin default
[4d3805a0][game]: load skin limekitty
[4d3805a0][game]: load skin pinky
[4d3805a0][game]: load skin redbopp
[4d3805a0][game]: load skin redstripe
[4d3805a0][game]: load skin saddo
[4d3805a0][game]: load skin toptri
[4d3805a0][game]: load skin twinbop
[4d3805a0][game]: load skin twintri
[4d3805a0][game]: load skin warpaint
[4d3805a0][game]: load skin x_ninja
[4d3805aa][]: 12781.760252.2ms
[4d3805aa][client]: version 0.5 b67d1f1a1eea234e
[4d3805ac][engine/mastersrv]: saving addresses

i'm realy noob in this coding thing please help me out i appriciate <3

Thanks, big_smile

you have to copy the files in "data" at the zip file of the gamerclient to the data folder in your teeworlds folder.

Ingame Name: //w®a* DøñE
Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

DøñE wrote:

you have to copy the files in "data" at the zip file of the gamerclient to the data folder in your teeworlds folder.

i did that still not working ...

;/ maybe some one can make a video on how to get the client used...

you dont have default_font8.tfnt into your data/fonts directory!

i guess you replaced your normal data folder with the data folder from the game client instead of just integrating the gamer stuff wink

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Need Antiping!!!

Sorry my bad english big_smile
Translate through google yikes

Sushi Tee wrote:

you dont have default_font8.tfnt into your data/fonts directory!

i guess you replaced your normal data folder with the data folder from the game client instead of just integrating the gamer stuff wink

where is default_font8.tfnt? i dont see it..

i made a video to show what i do to make the client used.
//sorry for issuse with my computer that u will face in my video..
VIDEO

Please help i want this client bad sad

Hey Dune, long time no see,
Congratz on the new version, I can see you are trying to apply daily updates, knowing how busy you are it's just awesome! I like the new tab arrangement, the new features and almost everything, it's great... Still if it ain't too much to make my long asked tab order (in the advanced tab board) some map editor updates and mb you could make the motd screen to actually be displayed when joining a server it would be great!
Wish u best with the Client /Hip-Hop_BLOND

Sorry for not arranging that tab as you asked, I had other priorities and that's somehow teecomp-related. Will be done in the future though.
And you're right, the message of the day should definitively be shown at the startup. To do.

About the RedBerry's problem, you need to extract the gamer zipped file into a 0.5.2 teeworlds folder and to merge everything. It's not stand-alone, like Sushi said.

Ecoz wrote:

Need Antiping!!!

This has already been discussed several times in the past, and I stated this feature hadn't its place in the client

Not Luck, Just Magic.

~Sorry for posting again, I just wanted to mention a few bugs and suggestions.

Bugs:

1. After pressing |ALT| + |TAB| combination to check on something (let's say someone skyped me), but the mouse just can't move from the upper left corner... it's like it's stuck there and i just can't move it. Mb it's just me since nobody else posted, but i tried the new tw trunk version and that didn't happen =/ I even had to do a reinstall of the OS and the problem still existed. /it's like when you are recording a game, the mouse is being shown in the middle and it's like trying to move (it's moving in-game).. same but upper left corner =/ (hope you understood me)

2. The Chat Size setting is being changed back to 100 after program restart (the setting where the example is "Dune Says Hi") I recently started setting it from 100 -> 120 and after program restart it goes back to 100 =/.

Suggestions:

1. Extend the Favorite Servers IP's that the cfg file can contain. I believe the limit was 200 and after that when you try to add a new one it replaces it with some other already added to favorites server (randomly chosen) from the cfg. ATM I'm having 179 tongue I'm tired of cleaning the old ones and re-adding the new ones to save space till i reach 200 and i must do it again... but if you think that's better for the master server then it's cool for me.

2. More colors for general mods in the server browser (^,,^)

3. I believe the auto made screenshots and demos should be saved in an |auto| folder in the
|screenshots| and |demos| folders for a better look around, like: %appdata% -> TeeWorlds -> screenshots -> auto smile same for demos. (like in the trunk version)

- That's all for now tongue thx for reading. /Hip-Hop_BLOND

Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:

1. After pressing |ALT| + |TAB| combination to check on something (let's say someone skyped me), but the mouse just can't move from the upper left corner... it's like it's stuck there and i just can't move it. Mb it's just me since nobody else posted, but i tried the new tw trunk version and that didn't happen =/ I even had to do a reinstall of the OS and the problem still existed. /it's like when you are recording a game, the mouse is being shown in the middle and it's like trying to move (it's moving in-game).. same but upper left corner =/ (hope you understood me)

I never had this problem and I don't see what feature I added could cause this problem. That's maybe 0.5.2-related hmm
Did you manage to reproduce that bug?

2. The Chat Size setting is being changed back to 100 after program restart (the setting where the example is "Dune Says Hi") I recently started setting it from 100 -> 120 and after program restart it goes back to 100 =/.

Because originally, the aim of that feature was to minimize the text size to reduce the wasted space in the screen. I did not plan someone would try to increase that value, so I maxed it at 100.
Fixed it now.

Suggestions:

1. Extend the Favorite Servers IP's that the cfg file can contain. I believe the limit was 200 and after that when you try to add a new one it replaces it with some other already added to favorites server (randomly chosen) from the cfg. ATM I'm having 179 tongue I'm tired of cleaning the old ones and re-adding the new ones to save space till i reach 200 and i must do it again... but if you think that's better for the master server then it's cool for me.

It has nothing to see with the master servers, when requesting a favorites list you do not use the master servers. Though it would probably be good for you to clean up useless servers (you must favorite every server you enter on Oo), mostly dynamic servers, as the favorites tab is meant to give you in a few time a list of all the servers you'd like to join, and 179 is pretty long to load.

2. More colors for general mods in the server browser (^,,^)

Like?

3. I believe the auto made screenshots and demos should be saved in an |auto| folder in the
|screenshots| and |demos| folders for a better look around, like: %appdata% -> TeeWorlds -> screenshots -> auto smile same for demos. (like in the trunk version)

I really don't get the use of that o_o

Thank you for your feedback,
Dunedune.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

About the |ALT| + |TAB| bug, i don't know what you mean by reproduce, but yes it keeps happening again and again and when i press alt + tab to go back to the gamer i am disconnected from the server which i was connected to =/ (guess I'm just gonna have to deal with it).

About the Chat, thx 120 is better for the eyes :P.

About Favorites, I don't add every server i enter, i favorite all servers who have a cool mod which i like to play, so if i don't wanna play ddrace / race / vanilla or some other useless unpopular mods... tadaa,  i click the favorites tab :P.

About the Colors, i can't really see the servers ATM... you see I'm not on my home PC. (I'll check on in lather)

About the auto folders, i don't know if you meant that you don't understand me, or you don't understand the point (i believe it's the second). Well i am keeping everything organized, so when my client starts making automatic screenshots at the end of every game, i can see better which screenshots i have made and which are auto (like for 1 on 1's or Clan Wars) and i can choose which to delete and which to store and rename, faster. Same goes for demos. /thx :)

vanilla or some other useless unpopular mods

Vanilla is *NOT* a modification.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

i need help, when i open the gamer client , saving all settings and after quit i will open other client, saved settings on gamer client is disappears

impossible wrote:

i need help, when i open the gamer client , saving all settings and after quit i will open other client, saved settings on gamer client is disappears

Well, that's actually a big problem I had to deal with, making an external config file or not. For my own client, I'm using an external settings file - means settings for the gamer are saved in a separated file so that you don't loose them when running another client - but the bad side effect of that is that when trying the gamer for the first time your config is reset (means your name is nameless tee, your skin color and all that stuff is gone).
I remember I did something that loaded the standard settings file at the first launch and then used an external settings.cfg file, just need to copy the code and put it in the next version.

Thanks for reporting that issue! smile
Dune.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Hip-Hop_BLOND: I had that before, i fixed it by deleting my entire teeworlds folder, lol.

Dune wrote:

Vanilla is *NOT* a modification.

I never said "ddrace / race / vanilla" were!

alias wrote:

Hip-Hop_BLOND: I had that before, i fixed it by deleting my entire teeworlds folder, lol.

Are u kidding me? :D

That's my whole life XD (lol I'm kidding ofc)

But my whole TW is custom... everything is well picked it's almost 400 mb's big .... including demos, screenshots, maps and downloaded maps ... it goes up to to 1,50 gb's :-|

My CFG file is up to 15 kb's XD

That's not an option... + i can't see how come deleting everything will fix the problem :?

Not the appdata folder, but the teeworlds executable folder... it worked for me. i have no idea..

Well, the folder with teeworlds.exe. And try deleting settings.cfg also.

Thx Dune, one more problem consists in a screenshot "F10". When I open the client and I do 1st time a screenshot game all takes off from the server, in 2nd time already everything is all right  but if the client the same problem restarts once again

impossible wrote:

Thx Dune, one more problem consists in a screenshot "F10". When I open the client and I do 1st time a screenshot game all takes off from the server, in 2nd time already everything is all right  but if the client the same problem restarts once again

Hmmm... what? Oo
You mean you get disconnected when taking a screenshot? I don't see which modification from the gamer could cause this, this is probably due to a weak connection or some wooden PC hmm

Not Luck, Just Magic.

345 (edited by mipEr 2011-01-23 13:19:23)

Dune, on standart client i don't see this problem and on other modification too

346 (edited by kubinator 2011-01-24 16:59:15)

OH MAN, your client is the BEST OF ALL clients I ever seen, but one thing please, can you add a rcon hack in it?

kubinator wrote:

OH MAN, your client is the BEST OF ALL clients I ever seen, but one thing please, When i press test on LAN I can't login on rcon, can you fix it?

Yes you can, the rcon password is "default". Originally, I wanted the client to login automatically, but it appeared to be way too complex to implement.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

348 (edited by Var [TNB] 2011-01-30 15:10:36)

What i wanna say about this mod:
1) Bugs. Some buttons are positioned wrong, for example browse button is on the call vote button. It has to be fixed. Also option 'make flags match tees colors' works wrong, i get a square of a current colour except of colored flag.
2) Options. I'd like to see a possibility to switch between weapon skins as well as between tee skins. You can create a directory for it, so i'll have jsut to put some game skins in it and then i can easily test all of them, switching them in 2 clicks.
You can make the same thing for editor tiles, so i can switch from normal game tiles to race game tiles.
Also some features for editor: you can increase the size of the tile layer by simply holding the mouse button except of goddamn clicking. I'd like to be the bug with quads fixed: when you right click the corner of the quad you have to get the options of this corner, but right now you have to select it first, and pressing right button without selecting it opens an option list of another corner. It's annoying.
The last thing: auto demo saving of the best result on this race map.
That's what can make Gamer really cool client and let me use it except of current Teecomp.

Stay wild big_smile

349 (edited by Dune 2011-01-30 16:00:52)

Var [TNB] wrote:

1) Bugs. Some buttons are positioned wrong, for example browse button is on the call vote button. It has to be fixed. Also option 'make flags match tees colors' works wrong, i get a square of a current colour except of colored flag.

About the buttons "positioned wrong", that's a problem about resolutions. It's really a huge issue to handle all the possible resolutions, and I've fixed the overlapping problems for the most used resolutions, but as I'm always running and testing the client on my unique screen, I cannot spot those problems. You have to report them and tell the resolution you are using.
About the 'make flags match tees colors', it works very well for me. It's just a native Teecomp feature, I did never change it, so it's more a Teecomp-related issue.

Var [TNB] wrote:

2) Options. I'd like to see a possibility to switch between weapon skins as well as between tee skins. You can create a directory for it, so i'll have jsut to put some game skins in it and then i can easily test all of them, switching them in 2 clicks.

Huh, "in 2 clicks", that's easy to say. How would it be implemented? Describe the features you are asking, please.

Var [TNB] wrote:

You can make the same thing for editor tiles, so i can switch from normal game tiles to race game tiles.

Same thing. Tell me exactly how I should implement that.

Var [TNB] wrote:

Also some features for editor: you can increase the size of the tile layer by simply holding the mouse button except of goddamn clicking. I'd like to be the bug with quads fixed: when you right click the corner of the quad you have to get the options of this corner, but right now you have to select it first, and pressing right button without selecting it opens an option list of another corner. It's annoying.

About those little editor fixes and improvement, I'm not going to do anything editor-sided, as the trunk editor is a lot better as it includes a lot of changes. Would be senseless to develop it on the gamer, and you can use a trunk-based client for editing as well.

Var [TNB] wrote:

The last thing: auto demo saving of the best result on this race map.

Would be a great pain to implement. Huh, how is it supposed to be implemented? Parse a demo file, find which map was used, if the map is identic as the one played, find the time it took you to complete the race, spot when you finished the map - different mods do not print it the same way - then erase the demo with the new one, and all that in an optimized way? Seriously big_smile

Var [TNB] wrote:

That's what can make Gamer really cool client and let me use it except of current Teecomp.

The gamer does not pretend to be nor better nor cooler than the Teecomp client as it patches the last Teecomp version, which is by the way a really nice and balanced mod.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

Huh, "in 2 clicks", that's easy to say. How would it be implemented? Describe the features you are asking, please.

I guess you can realize it the same way as switching the tee skin. You can list them, they're shown as a small picture with name under it. You just pick any of them, and it is used as your game skin. I guess clicking a button just sets a name of the file that has to be used as game skin.
Same thing to editor game tiles: you just pick one among those you have, they're also shown like little picture + name.

Dune wrote:

Would be a great pain to implement. Huh, how is it supposed to be implemented? Parse a demo file, find which map was used, if the map is identic as the one played, find the time it took you to complete the race, spot when you finished the map - different mods do not print it the same way - then erase the demo with the new one, and all that in an optimized way? Seriously

Such a feature already exists in the race client proposed by Teeathlon team to use on that event. I don't know how is it realized, perhaps it needs a server help, but it was.
http://teesites.net/hosted/teeathlon/download/
Here you can find this client.

Dune wrote:

The gamer does not pretend to be nor better nor cooler than the Teecomp client as it patches the last Teecomp version, which is by the way a really nice and balanced mod.

You added more features to Teecomp. If you think that your client is worse than Teecomp, then you made it worse big_smile

Stay wild big_smile