Re: [CLIENT] Teeworlds Gamer

i think that you should add the original hud mod because it gives the user to choose more different options.
e.g. I need in instagib only chat and crosshair.
Greets jxsl13

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

Would look cooler with a nicer HP bar wink

http://i56.tinypic.com/3355a39.png

I didnt test it yet, but it seems to be a nice release. copy&paste feature yey!
and btw, how do u rank the servers?

jxsl13 wrote:

i think that you should add the original hud mod because it gives the user to choose more different options.
e.g. I need in instagib only chat and crosshair.
Greets jxsl13

What? You still can disable the HUD whenever you want in the options. You can play with "cl_nohud" in instagib, or basket mode + delete hud when basket, that's what I do and it looks fine since it removes the hud in the corner.

alias wrote:

Would look cooler with a nicer HP bar wink

http://i56.tinypic.com/3355a39.png

Maybe I should put those two symbols behind the health bar, but did you really test the client's feature? The HP bar is changing color when health is dicreasing.
Also, your health 'n' armor bar looks really big. I don't want it to blind, it must stay tiny.

Kvothe wrote:

I didnt test it yet, but it seems to be a nice release. copy&paste feature yey!
and btw, how do u rank the servers?

It's still a beta, you cannot sort servers by rank and all that stuff you should be able to do.
It would be at 100% up to the server admins. It is based on the LordSkelethom's idea (http://lordskelethom.posterous.com/server-level). The principal is: server admins can put one, two or three stars after their server name. It's not to tell about how good the server is nor how good the connection is, but the average level of the server.
Some servers are targetting a beginner public (think to all the no-skill-just-fun mods), some others an average public (I'd say ctf5 popular servers), and some experienced servers (Qi, enS, etc). And it also can be used to rank the difficulty of a map when the challenge of the gametype is to finish it (all kind of races).

Not Luck, Just Magic.

is it real to make multi bans ?? for dynamic ip addresses.
looks like [ban 192.168.1.*] and it will ban all 256 adresses

not only me want to write on unicode (it's done on trunk, is it real to make on gamer ?)

RailGun!

this is a server command, isn´t it?

is it real to make multi bans ?? for dynamic ip addresses.
looks like [ban 192.168.1.*] and it will ban all 256 adresses
not only me want to write on unicode (it's done on trunk, is it real to make on gamer ?)

Link to topic?

This is a server sided modification, nothing to see with my modded client. It depends on the server you are using.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

308 (edited by DøñE 2011-01-15 00:06:42)

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but i think so wink
When i put a "x" into the "Disable all HUD" it sets automatically an "x" at "Disable Healthbar".
The same at the other way. When i put an "x" into the "Disable Healthbar" it also sets an "x" at "Disable all HUD"...

Ingame Name: //w®a* DøñE
Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

DøñE wrote:

When i put a "x" into the "Disable all HUD" it sets automatically an "x" at "Disable Healthbar".
The same at the other way. When i put an "x" into the "Disable Healthbar" it also sets an "x" at "Disable all HUD"...

looks like a copy&paste mistake smile

DøñE wrote:

same problem here

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

311 (edited by Dune 2011-01-15 16:57:56)

DøñE wrote:

same problem here

Yeah, I just forgot to change a little line, sorry. I'm not often using the settings. You can use gfx_healthbar 1 as a temporary fix wink

Edit: updated the links to a fixed version.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

Edit: updated the links to a fixed version.

in new archive u forgot to place basketball.exe=))))

RailGun!

313 (edited by Frogh 2011-01-15 18:16:01)

when i copy a text in windows and paste it to the quick search box, the client crashes :3

Frogh wrote:

when i copy a text in windows and paste it to the quick search box, the client crashes :3

I know. Did you read the release post?

Dune wrote:

I still need to:
Implement it on Unix based OS, though it's gonna be hard
Extend its use to all the edit boxes (including the boxes from the settings, and the IP field in the browser menu). Already started to code it, but it's still buggy.

Foma wrote:

in new archive u forgot to place basketball.exe=))))

What is basketball.exe?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

i think that he means the teeworlds_basket.exe from the last release. Now the client has an other name: client_gamer.exe

jxsl13 wrote:

i think that he means the teeworlds_basket.exe from the last release. Now the client has an other name: client_gamer.exe

What is wrong with spelling names as they are? basketball.exe, client_gamer.exe... just think a bit to what you are going to write. Well, I may have forgotten to change the name in a release, as my batch file automatically generates a teeworlds_basket.exe, and then I usually rename it. May have forgotten to rename it once, sorry for that.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

for me it is not a problem, i just explained it to him ^^

Lololol DotA Announcer haha ^.^ (HoN Announcer is better, but that is just cool smile
Epic Client, man!!

Muhmie wrote:

Lololol DotA Announcer haha ^.^ (HoN Announcer is better, but that is just cool smile

Actually, it's not the DotA sounds, but the Unreal Tournament ones (though DotA may have used them, but I doubt they did). smile
Someone proposed nice sexy quake sounds, you should try them out if you're looking for something original.
And about the HoN sounds... well where do you want me to put MrsPudding sounds? I mean, in a game like HoN, performing a Hat Trick or a Quad Kill is something rare and awesome, but not in Teeworlds. Or maybe 4 shots = 4 kills without any misses?
Ah, and by the way, I'm not sure I could find out the HoN's sounds, they are probably private (the UT sounds aren't).

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Hm, dunno if its UT, Holy shit and rampage and godlike etc are definetly in DotA, i never played UT cant say it ^.^

And i didnt wanna say u should have used HoN sounds, I just meant they are betetr than DotA announcer big_smile

A question btw:

Can i change anywhere the settings, after how much kills it says "Killing Spree" and so on?
I play lotsa Instagib, and there you dont come often over 5 kills..

Muhmie

Muhmie wrote:

A question btw:

Can i change anywhere the settings, after how much kills it says "Killing Spree" and so on?
I play lotsa Instagib, and there you dont come often over 5 kills..

Muhmie

Nah, there isn't any option to change this. By definition, killing spree is 5 kills. People would shout on me if I'd have changed that tongue
The solution for you: improve your aim or play vanilla.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

In another game I play it can be 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 15, and 25 big_smile

Waaaoohh! *-* Your client is really getting unbelievablely a must-to-have O.o
I like all your ideas for the client, even "Suicide" button (hehe big_smile) and i have some suggestions:
The first isn't so sure, because of this feature is still in trunk: could you add the demo browser and player (maybe including a demo cutter/editor?) making possible to browse in multiple folders or even rename files (always if it's possible)?
The second is about mousesens: you might set two options for them, one for playing cursor and one for "setting cursor" (which is out from the server, also in map editor).
Just these two little (or not?) suggestions for your great client. Go on with this project! wink

» Albert Einsteein: I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

The first isn't so sure, because of this feature is still in trunk: could you add the demo browser and player (maybe including a demo cutter/editor?) making possible to browse in multiple folders or even rename files (always if it's possible)?

It's possible, I should watch the trunk sources to look how the devs did it and I will try to port it to the gamer (retro porting, please don't kill me! big_smile). That actually looks interesting.

The second is about mousesens: you might set two options for them, one for playing cursor and one for "setting cursor" (which is out from the server, also in map editor).

Yes, I saw lot of people complaining about that, I'll try to include that feature as a priority for the next version. added to the todo list.

Just these two little (or not?) suggestions for your great client. Go on with this project! wink

Thank you for those suggestions! smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.