Topic: Pistol reload

Have you considered allowing the pistol to reload even if it is not the weapon being brandished?

What I really dislike is using the rocket or shotgun to damage a Tee and then toggling to the pistol to finish them off, only to find out that I need to wait for it to reload tongue

It would make the pistol a little more powerful (in a good way).

2 (edited by Ghost Bear 2008-02-14 23:40:47)

Re: Pistol reload

Idea about "reloading always" is nice. Now pistol is enough powerful imo.

Furry

I'm probably the first person to want an even stronger pistol since I use it a lot, but I wouldn't like to see it reload all the time. It takes skill or at least attention to not find yourself before a weak opponent with an empty gun and I believe it should stay that way.

The pistol is a weapon intended for finishing injured tees off and it does a good job at that. Its strengths are an infinite supply of bullets and the fact that you have it with you always. Anything more would be too much.

It has always been claimed that Teewars is a fast paced game... If that is true, who has the time to sit around and wait for the pistol to reload??? To add to the fast-paced-ness the pistol should reload in the background, but maybe not as fast as normal (half speed reload?) - either way, please change it.

I did some trolling and found that this was already discussed in the past: http://www.teewars.com/forum/viewtopic. … 1585#p1585

So there is hope of change smile bring on 0.4!

yep, and i'm still hoping for this tongue

Without presuming to speak for the whole dev team (any and all design decisions are always subject to change), I think the idea of "background reloading" of the gun is a fair one.

I'm confident we'll be looking at this issue for a future release.

big_smile

I stand behind this idea

Never the less, always the more

That would be cool, or auto switching weapons when out of ammo? (or is that too cheap.. tongue )

No, that is not me; it's just a figment of your imagination.

If I remember correctly this has been rejected, it's part of the game to keep an eye on ammo.

Ah, thats another fun part. big_smile

No, that is not me; it's just a figment of your imagination.

bullet wrote:

If I remember correctly this has been rejected, it's part of the game to keep an eye on ammo.

The link in my previous post would suggest that you have remembered incorrectly.

Keeping an eye on the ammo is part of the game for the rocket, shotgun & soon the new laser, but I (and others) disagree with it having to be a limitation for the pistol.

Again, lets wait and see what the weapon changes in 0.4 will bring.

I´m not sure what to think of the pistol reload. It´s nice that how you play have influence over how it reloads, but having the gun up between encounters does feel unneccessairily inconveniant (and it takes a while before you notice that you have to, which is also a sign of a not so intuitive mechanic).

I would like to see some way of more actively influence how it reloads. Like, say, that it reloads a lot faster when you move slower or even stands still. Just having the pistol up to reload feels a bit tideus, but I don´t think it would if you could actively influence how fast you get the ammo. Jumping for cover to reload would become an actual tactical option, and it would probably become possible to continiously fight with just the pistol.

To make it more intuitive, maybe there could be some clicking sound when the pistol reloads a bullet.