Topic: [REQUEST] What is your best settings.cfg?

I'm looking for good settings.cfg? Does anybody know where to find it?
Maybe somebody can upload your settings.cfg on this forum!?
That will be very nice! smile

Re: [REQUEST] What is your best settings.cfg?

Hm. And which settings do you want?

Good settings for spin weapon.

Actually, I need good settings for all CL, GFX, BIND and inp_mousesens!

4 (edited by buffer[] 2010-02-23 12:56:33)

That's quite stupid...
Binds are yours, you're not gonna say somebody's bind -_-
Favorites are the same.
gfx_xxx are relative to gfx, so to how Teeworlds is rendered : size, v-sync, high-detail, etc
You need to find your mousesens, which you cna play with, not taking somebody's and try to adapt.
And mostly all others are either personal (player_name, cl_autoswitch_weapons, nameplates) or shouldn't be changed (cl_version_server for example).

|ZPote| buffer[]'s posterous

Agree with buffer[] -_-

6 (edited by Lanta 2010-05-04 13:34:29)

My settings may not be good for you. For example inp_mousesens depend also on the mouse dpi, you may like or not dynamic camera and so on.
You said you wanna spin. If you wanna spin, enhance your inp_mousesens until you can spin good. Another important thing is the cl_mouse_max_distance. In my honest opinion for spinning you need to disable dynamic camera (cl_mouse_followfactor 0 and cl_mouse_deadzone 0) and to reduce the cl_mouse_max_distance, so it will never go out of your screen: it depend on your resolution... mine is 1440x900, 900 is height, i use cl_mouse_max_distance 400 (less than half of the height).
What else to say. This options could be useful:
cl_nameplates 1
cl_nameplates_always 1
gfx_vsync 1 (I simply can't play without it... it reduces frames per seconds, but you can see the difference)
gfx_texture_compression 0
gfx_high_detail 0 (no details -> better reactions)
For the keys, I suggest you to bind on the keyboard every weapon just near the WASD. Not on the mouse or on the scroll, because you may move it without wanting.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

That's it Lanta what do I want! THX!

As you see, for others, I want to know what professional use that I can find my own mix config between pro and me.

8 (edited by Lanta 2010-02-23 15:28:34)

pero1234 wrote:

As you see, for others, I want to know what professional use that I can find my own mix config between pro and me.

Since you want to spin, you may be also interested in this topic: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5129

Lanta wrote:

For the keys, I suggest you to bind on the keyboard every weapon just near the WASD. Not on the mouse or on the scrool, because you may move it without wanting.

What do you use for bind on the keyboard near the WASD?

pero1234 wrote:
Lanta wrote:

For the keys, I suggest you to bind on the keyboard every weapon just near the WASD. Not on the mouse or on the scrool, because you may move it without wanting.

What do you use for bind on the keyboard near the WASD?

I don't use a keyboard, I use a numeric pad (search on Google Saitek Pro Gamer Command Unit). By the way, when I used the keyboard, I had as weapons q,e,w,s,shift. Like you know, a and d is for left and right, while the spacebar is for jump.

What is the meaning of  WASD?

Please do not advertise non-Teeworlds related websites. // ~{MS}~ Azon

12 (edited by Lanta 2010-05-04 13:32:19)

WASD are 4 keys in your keyboard. Look at them, they are just in the same position as the direction arrows, but more on left.