Topic: [SOLVED] Twinview - Make Teeworlds using only one screen

Good morning.
I'm running my PC with two screens in twinview mode (Linux x86_64, NVidia driver version: 185.18.36). In other words, one screen is extended to two.
Now, if I run teeworlds in fullscreen-mode it uses both screens. That leads to a resolution of something like 3200 x 1080. If I change the resolution to, let's say, 1280x1024 the left and right part of the screen is dark and the game happens right in the middle, using both screens.
Question: I assume there is no way in forcing the game to use only one screen (which would be, of course, the best solution for me - keep an eye on my chat window, you know ; ) so is there a way to change the position of the in-game-window from centered to the right or left corner of the (logical) screen?
TIA

Re: [SOLVED] Twinview - Make Teeworlds using only one screen

I don't think it is possible to do that in fullscreen moder, but i suggest you to play in a window then, if it's that important to you.

3 (edited by Lanta 2009-11-21 13:01:06)

Dr. Schuh wrote:

Good morning.
I'm running my PC with two screens in twinview mode (Linux x86_64, NVidia driver version: 185.18.36). In other words, one screen is extended to two.
Now, if I run teeworlds in fullscreen-mode it uses both screens. That leads to a resolution of something like 3200 x 1080. If I change the resolution to, let's say, 1280x1024 the left and right part of the screen is dark and the game happens right in the middle, using both screens.
Question: I assume there is no way in forcing the game to use only one screen (which would be, of course, the best solution for me - keep an eye on my chat window, you know ; ) so is there a way to change the position of the in-game-window from centered to the right or left corner of the (logical) screen?
TIA

oO
Linux bug? Nvidia drivers bug?
In Windows (every version) it works perfect. I can play Teeworlds on the first monitor while seeing what happens in windows on the second (for example, music or chat).

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

ghost91 wrote:

I don't think it is possible to do that in fullscreen moder, but i suggest you to play in a window then, if it's that important to you.

For now I just turn off the twinview and play. But, you know, this is a bit "unsatisfying". I already tried to turn off fullscreen-mode, but if you move quite fast it feels like playing a stop-motion game. And I can assure you that's not a hardware problem (quad-core, 9800gtx+).

@Lanta: You're right. I tried it on Win 7 and it worked as you said. Maybe it's actually the driver or some xorg-related problem. Just figured that there is a new version available. Think I'll give it a try later this evening.

Thx!

Hello again.

I finally managed to play teeworlds on only one screen without turning off the second.
So just in case someone else needs it, here you go.

The problem wasn't related to the drivers. The reason was a "wrong" metamodes-option in the xorg.conf.
A brief description of how it should look like can be found here:
http://www.ltyer.com/wordpress/tutorial … al-display

I changed the line in section "Screen" from

Option         "metamodes" "CRT: 1280x1024 +1920+0, DFP: 1920x1080 +0+0"

to

Option         "metamodes" "CRT: 1280x1024 +1920+0, DFP: 1920x1080 +0+0; DFP: 1920x1080 +0+0,NULL"

whereas 1920x1080 is the resolution of my gaming screen.

However, before you edit the xorg.conf, you should run "nvidia-settings" as root and change the resolution of both screens from "auto" to the actual one and save the file (otherwise the xorg.conf looks different in this very line).

Cheers!