Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

thats tweaking, it has less to do with logic if your pistol is semi or autofire, both exist in rl.
i also dont want to talk about minor damage adjustment or other stuff because it doesnt really hurt reality.
but there is no reality without inheritance, thats known since newton 300 years ago.

We're aware of newtonian physics, of course.
I'm pretty sure it's a deliberate choice devs made - it really isn't hard or long at all to implement - just initialize the projectile speed with the player movement vector.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Arrob wrote:

thats tweaking, it has less to do with logic if your pistol is semi or autofire, both exist in rl.
i also dont want to talk about minor damage adjustment or other stuff because it doesnt really hurt reality.
but there is no reality without inheritance, thats known since newton 300 years ago.

I totally disagree. It has everything to do with logic. In the sense that... weapons should be balanced, and there's no point in making a person spam click for the same outcome.

1,254 (edited by Arrob 2013-03-31 13:41:13)

Broken wrote:
Arrob wrote:

I totally disagree. It has everything to do with logic. In the sense that... weapons should be balanced, and there's no point in making a person spam click for the same outcome.

you miss the point of reality. you cant have different opinions there, atleast not in those basic stuff. if you show me the law of nature that prevents every (!) pojectile thowing mechanism (like the gun in tw) from being single shot, and if you show me the law of nature that say knifes are as powerful as nuclear bombs ("In the sense that... weapons should be balanced"), then ill agree with you. but you cant and there you see that its just a matter of balance and tweaking, where you actually can have different opinions. not a reality mechanics discussion.

1,255 (edited by Fifi 2013-04-05 17:44:14)

Just a bug report (taken from 0.7 trunk version):
http://img.nopaste.pl/upload/Zrzut%20ekranu%20z%202013-04-04%2023:00:39_515eeb946bfc4.png
I know that the custom skins were made for more freedom, but it will result in a lot of ugly skins. There should be an option to see only default (0.6.2 pre-made) skins with 0.6.2 colours (the most similar if somebody 0.7 ones were out of scale, or the same if he had colours in 0.6.2 scale). D: I really don't wanna watch tees with mad skins.

Another 0.7 strange visual (high-resolution link, it's more visible there what I'm talking about):
http://img.nopaste.pl/upload/screenshot_2013-04-01_03-43-41_5158e691139f8.png
There should also be an option for 0.6.2 nice connected pain and happy eyes, alongside with normal feet size and outlines.
Probably a lot of tees doesn't like the spaced eyes (for me it's not a problem, I can change graphic files, but not every tee is capable of that (despite the fact that it's a bit of work)).

About the physics - in my opinion, current are good. It's a game, and things like hammerfly and hookfly are too much fun to give them up.

I quickly looked through the suggestions, but i didn't found this one:
How about to make rcon command, which will show available maps on the server?

I mean, if i have 3 maps in data/maps: "dm1.map", "ctf1.map", "ctf5.map", i'd like to type in rcon:

maps 1

and take and output:

maps 1 of 1 showed:
dm1
ctf1
ctf5

And if i have 100 maps on the server, i'd like to see 10 first in output by typing "map 1", 10 second (from 11 to 20) by typing map 2" and so on.
And in the fisrt line of output i'll get "maps <page> of <amount of pages> show"

1,257 (edited by Broken 2013-04-07 14:44:26)

Better is just something like show_maps [optional #-##].

I'd also like to suggest not distinguishing between capital case so that sv_map cTF1 will load ctf1.

Oh, my dreams already became live https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds/pull/1086

the output of 'maps' is a bit ugly ^^
I didn't know how to properly display a list of 100+ maps without flooding the console /:
I seperated the maps by ', ' as the console doesnt support /t or /n, but it's a bit hard to read

mb because console support \t and \n?

Can there be a feature that disables custom skins completely? I don't want to see people's stupid skins.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Yes, remove all default skins.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

xD
User was warned for this post. // Dune

Dune wrote:

Excuse me. I said a feature. As in, I don't have to modify any files.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Would be nice to have support for older versions of demos. Or say what version of tw the demo can be played on.

You only see the skins you've got in your folder. Why would you have "stupid skins" if you don't want to see them anyway?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

He's talking about the new monstrosities noobies will be able to make with the mix and match system, I think.

A checkbox for "see all other tees as..." might be nice.

Account system is the most important thing. It's easier to bann botters and there won't be so much fakers as now.

Teeworlds docs wrote:

What it won't be
It will never be a requirement
We want Teeworlds to be a game that you just can download and play without any hassle.

It will not be a mean to reserve a nick
You will never be able to reserve a nick. Your user name will be displayed along with your current nick name in the score board.

It will not be used to ban people
As it isn't a requirement, it will be quite useless to ban people by their user.

even though who should take care about that ban requests and check if they are valid?

Broken wrote:

He's talking about the new monstrosities noobies will be able to make with the mix and match system, I think.

A checkbox for "see all other tees as..." might be nice.

They're not "monstrosities". They're fucking disgusting, ugly pieces of shit that don't deserve a place in this world, little nasty filthy offensive garbage piles. And I don't want to see them.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

-option to choose which game tiles to lock to a tileset to avoid having to erase preexisting collision/death/unhookable tiles and then re-automapping

create a "configure" script for easy compiling.

1,272 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2013-04-27 10:37:39)

What's the point of creating an account system If we can't even reserve a nick? Lol

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

Identification by an ID and not your ingame nick

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

What's the point of creating an account system If we can't even reserve a nick? Lol

Most games implement it this way, just look at any steam game. I also implemented it for teeworlds this way, and have had no complaints. Allowing people to reserve nicks will just lead to trouble.

Everyone would know you are the true "420NoScopeDeathAngelXXX" and not a fake.

Not Luck, Just Magic.