426 (edited by Bee 2010-11-18 19:29:08)

Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

I couldn't understand the Net Score, Grade, or Rank was about. Explanation?
But the other ideas are very nice. big_smile
Also, why did super pro guy win or umad?? His ratio was way higher than everyone else but he ranked 8 in the scoring.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Alias: read this page from the teeworlds.com doc, you'll know what is going to be done and what is not. Saved and public statistics linked to account are some kind of unrelevant, that would only have a sense for a match, and Teecomp already exists for that. And if you need private personal statistics, maybe this is what you're talking about.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

A ratio is not good to base the rankings on... for when a noob plays, and he kills 20 but only dies 1 time, he will be at the top.. his ratio will be 20. What if a player get's 600 kills and 30 deaths? His ratio is 20 also, but he should be more than the first guy. So i did this:

Pro:
Subtract Kills from Deaths = 570
Net score = 570
Ratio multiplied by net score = 11400

Noob:
Subtract Kills from Deaths = 19
Net score = 19
Ratio multiplied by net score = 380

Obviously, the pro has the higher overall score (grade). That's the only logical scoring system i could think of...

but it's not implemented anyways.

alias wrote:

Ratio multiplied by net score

What does it represent? It looks so random... Let's do some maths:

Ratio = R = K/D, Netscore = N = K-D
Your criteria C = R.N = (K/D).(K-D)= (K²-KD)/D = K²/D - K

Tell me if I'm wrong, but your criteria is the square of the kills divised by the deaths minus the kills.
What the hell is that supposed to repesent? That's really exponential.
Example:
For 100kills 1000deaths I'd have 10-100=-90 criteria and for 1.000kills 10.000deaths I'd have 100-1000=-900 criteria...
What the fuck? big_smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Connection Lost wrote:

It would be a lot better if you could have a free view in a demo, so you can see in the perspective of the one who got killed

Maybe I posted it on a bad time, but could someone respond to my suggestion?

Connection Lost wrote:

It would be a lot better if you could have a free view in a demo, so you can see in the perspective of the one who got killed

currently not possible, since the server only sends you data from your point of view.  if you change that, you could create cheating clients. so its not possible

432 (edited by CarmineZ 2010-11-24 20:22:19)

teeworlds source code is changed too many from 0.5.2 to the trunk, i don't like the trunk, the trunk make modding more hard to create a new gametype, because many class has become private access, and we are not free to move in the source like 0.5.2, i think teeworlds must do a pass behind before go forward

CarmineZ wrote:

teeworlds source code is changed too many from 0.5.2 to the trunk, i don't like the trunk, the trunk make modding more hard to create a new gametype, because many class has become private access, and we are not free to move in the source like 0.5.2, i think teeworlds must do a pass behind before go forward

First and foremost, the 0.x version number means that Teeworlds still is in beta, and things *will* change.

Secondly, when developing Teeworlds, the developers are only looking at how to make Teeworlds better. It has been said a gazillion times, and will probably be said a gazillion times more: Modders are completely on their own. They are free to use Teeworlds in the ways the license permits (that includes modding), but they shouldn't expect help or support from developers. Those are busy with vanilla Teeworlds.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

CarmineZ wrote:

Making a well-organized and protected from dirty access to variables you should not be able to access to, even if making the modding harder isn't necessairly a bad point for Teeworlds. To me, it would contribute to filter out the dozen of mods made by people who never learnt C++ and trying dirty things on the Teeworlds code what work because C allow much more things than it should.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

435 (edited by mike239x 2010-11-26 20:39:05)

well...

one more weapon:
imagine hook, but this hook is just for hooking tees,
and you can hold this current tee all time.
(but you can't attack him, because it's a weapon)
for example, it will be fun at CTF.

*I think it looks good

And a little changes for "system":
I think it will be good if we can choose - use the "predicting" or not to use.
(I will be great for mods where predict would fail)

be happy

How about...

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae3/myy_photobucket/happy1.png

... and ...

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae3/myy_photobucket/happy2.png

When the password box is not checked, the entry fields for the password will be faded out, but dull. The password is to prevent others from editing your map, and should be saved inside the map file itself, possible encrypted. This can prevent others from embedding your tilesets, stealing ideas, background, quads, envelopes, etc.

Map author should, obviously, be unchangeable unless you can reach the password. In fact, the whole properties page should be hidden unless you can reach the password.

Important: If this is used, make sure that the map name in the server browser is read from the internal name, and not the name of the actual map file. For example, the map above, named "The.Teeworld01" should be shown as "The.Teeworld01" in the game browser, regardless of the fact that the actual filename is "world.map". This can also prevent others from renaming your maps as their own. An example of this is: I rename dm1 to "dm_super_by_nuby" and many noobs will think that it is by me... whereas it is not.

Thanks for reading. I hope you replay with feedback, and tell me what you think. Should it be implemented?

since the client needs the map to actually play on the map its useless cuz u have a copy of the map anyways once u joined the server.
Even if u have to enter the pw after opening the map in editor it wouldnt be a problem to avoid it since its open source.

The idea is great but its not possible... at least i dunno how you could make it secure.

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

What about just preventing it from dumb people? Usually, dumb people are the ones trying to steal maps wink

What about a simple "alt + enter" to switch from full screen to windowed?
I don't find it so convenient to have to restart the game... every once in a while.

You can't steal maps in Teeworlds, it's an open-source game, maps are not encrypted, and that would make no sense to do so. You can't protect maps to be modified, as they are wholy sent to the client, the client needs to be able to read them and the client is open-source. Then, if the client can read them, you can too.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

You can't steal maps in Teeworlds

better: "You can steal maps in Teeworlds." wink

but i agree with dune. as long as the client is open source everybody with a bit coding knowledge can get access to the maps

With that same logic:
"Why have rcon's password if Teeworlds is an open sorce? With a bit of coding and knowledge, you can get access to any sever, so what's the point?"

Obviously that's not true because there are rcon passwords so fill me in because I agree with alias's idea.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Bee wrote:

With that same logic:
"Why have rcon's password if Teeworlds is an open sorce? With a bit of coding and knowledge, you can get access to any sever, so what's the point?"

Obviously that's not true because there are rcon passwords so fill me in because I agree with alias's idea.

thats just wrong...
rcon password are server-sided. you cannot change the server's code unless you host it on your own.
so you cannot bypass the server rcon password.

but its something else with the client
you cannot control it since the client's code is running on your computer, so you can change some parts and so you could bypass map-protection.

Wikipedia wrote:

All data is stored on the servers, which generally have far greater security controls than most clients. Servers can better control access and resources, to guarantee that only those clients with the appropriate permissions may access and change data.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Client%E2% … Advantages)

444 (edited by Bee 2010-11-30 19:43:07)

Ah... So the sever rcon's password or sever password to get in, are both generally better protected than something like a map password. Hum... it still seems like with some kind of good coding, map password would be just as protected as rcon passwords, but since I have no experience with codding whatsoever I might be out of my mind. wink

heinrich5991 wrote:
Dune wrote:

You can't steal maps in Teeworlds

better: "You can steal maps in Teeworlds." wink

No mistake, I simply meant "That can't be a steal since it's like cracking Ubuntu"

Bee wrote:

Ah... So the sever rcon's password or sever password to get in, are both generally better protected than something like a map password. Hum... it still seems like with some kind of good coding, map password would be just as protected as rcon passwords, but since I have no experience with codding whatsoever I might be out of my mind.

You don't get what we're trying to tell you. They are not BETTER protected, they are simply protected and maps aren't.
Listen to that: To print a map, you need to download it on your computer. So that the client can print it on the screen, it needs to understand what it's written, what means when there would be any encryption on the map format, the client would be able to read it, and as it is open-source, you can clearly read into the code how the client decrypts the map.

About remote console password: the client does not download the password on your computer and then test if it's the good one. The client sends the password try to the server, and the server returns if it's ok or not. Simply. You have no control on the server because it's simply like trying to control my pc from your house simply "because I'm running an open-source OS".

Not Luck, Just Magic.

He wants a simple mechanism so other people have to use non official clients to edit maps. Imho the easiest way is to add some meta information to the maps - author, original author, gametype(s) and standard settings.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

first: thanks to dune to describe the problem in a better way than i did

Landil wrote:

He wants a simple mechanism so other people have to use non official clients to edit maps. Imho the easiest way is to add some meta information to the maps - author, original author, gametype(s) and standard settings.

there is a ticket for that (here)

I want accounts system in next version... My idea of it:
There are server which contains all accounts. We can register our nicks on this server using website.
Before player will be joined to the server, player send login and password to account server. Then accounts server binds player login to this ip address.
Then any server (official or mod) can use accounts server to compare player's nick and ip address. (If true, login unbinds with ip address.)
Then player join the server and playing fun.

449 (edited by analog 2010-12-02 00:33:45)

dont forget there are people with a dynamic ip...

if there are accounts, don't bind things to the ip. bind it to the accounts, for that is the purpose of them.

450 (edited by 3da 2010-12-02 11:22:41)

alias wrote:

dont forget there are people with a dynamic ip...

Yes, i know it. And i have it too. Is it problem?

alias wrote:

if there are accounts, don't bind things to the ip. bind it to the accounts, for that is the purpose of them.

I think ip-address should bound to account.

IP-address will be bounded to account for short time. Then client tries to join server. Server use function to compare player login and ip address. If it is true, palyer join the server and play