Pls fix the weapon change bug!

Re: [CLIENT] Teeworlds Gamer

realy nice!!

smile

54 (edited by Dune 2010-06-20 10:08:03)

Stegn wrote:

Pls fix the weapon change bug!

As this is also in the teeworlds pure, I don't consider this as a bug from my client..
Ask Sushi, and when you would get the answer, post it or mail me, but stop asking, I don't know why you have this bug on your PC, didn't change anything related to weapon switching.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I posted my problem in other forums and there they say that you know the bug and you will change it.

Sheep wrote:

like Steve Jobs would say: "Enormous, fabulous, fantastic, gorgeous...";D

+1 haha big_smile

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

Found a patch there (http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/search.p … 17&p=4) to fix problem with mousehweel, I will add this fix to my client.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

-- Patched separated projects ---
spl0k
Choupom
KillaBilla
Sushi Tee

--- Graphics ---
Puch
Sheep
Blobby
LordSkelethom

--- Sounds ---
Unreal Tournament

--- Programmation Support ---
LordSkelethom
buffer[]
#teeworlds-dev

--- Thanks to ---
The teeworlds developers for the 0.5.2.
All MBs for their ideas and feedback.

Dune wrote:

> Patched the Download Extension from KillaBilla, cleaned it up.
See official topic there

If you remove the credits on my settings page/download screen, you should say who had done what on your credits page. For example: "KillaBilla: DownloadExtension".
In my topic I wrote that you are allowed to use this mod in one of yours if you don't remove the copyrigth and that you have to contact me, if you change the mod.

KillaBilla wrote:

If you remove the credits on my settings page/download screen, you should say who had done what on your credits page. For example: "KillaBilla: DownloadExtension".
In my topic I wrote that you are allowed to use this mod in one of yours if you don't remove the copyrigth and that you have to contact me, if you change the mod.

I did not remove the credits, simply moved them. Your credits were really big, and to me they were gross.
Look generic in movies - they simply say which sort of stuff Mr.X has done... they don't write any other details... It's written in the credits I patched a separated project from you, then if you want to have more info, you look at my topic and see that KillaBilla has made the DownloadExtension.
Indeed, there is not "Mod by Dune" under every feature I implemented - that's the goal of the credits tab.

If you want I will put your name under the download extension in the tab and in the credits on the topic, but I did not change the mod, just resized your settings tab (which was really enormous).

I just don't want to see credits everywhere, a dozen of people took part to that project.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Released v2.01
This is a minor release - I simply added credits for KillaBilla into the Dl.Ext tab, and I fixed that you can't bind weapons on mousewheel - as Stegn asked.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

i love the client ;P

Dune wrote:

Released v2.01
This is a minor release - I simply added credits for KillaBilla into the Dl.Ext tab, and I fixed that you can't bind weapons on mousewheel - as Stegn asked.

Thank you.

You mod is very nice.
But what is this "fake interface".
Maybe add a football, too.

But what is this "fake interface".

Just try the client, you will quickly understand what this is for.
It adds a button in the server browser menu, that allows you to switch quickly between fake and real name. your fake has got a bound skin, and no chat binds wink

Maybe add a football, too.

Well, if you need a football, just edit the game.png adding a football pic, but I don't feel it's needed to add a feature to deal with two BALL-like gametypes - I simply released some basketball features because they were in the original client wink

I've received a lot of personal wishes for new features in the gamer, features that would only be useful to 2-3 persons. I'm providing some patches to those persons so that they can get the features they asked, but don't release them into the official gamer.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

64 (edited by Sheep 2010-06-21 19:39:00)

Mac version:

Download
(This includes data and binaries, extract it in your teeworlds folder and merge folders).

If you want to use the "test on lan" feature please but the teeworlds_srv_race/teeworlds_srv/teeworlds_srv_ddrace in Teeworlds.app/Contents/Resources. Otherwise it won't work.

I would appreciate some feedback whether the "test on lan" feature is working on your macs (should work).

Some guy had a problem on Mac: Teeworlds shuts down immediately. The reason was that he didnt have the SDL.framework. So if you experience that problem download the SDL.framework from http://www.libsdl.org/ and put it in /Library/Frameworks [watch out! NOT in /Users/USERNAME/Library/frameworks (even doesnt exist). put it in /Library/Framworks (get there by pressing on "Macintosh HD", then Library, then Frameworks)]!.

I Got an Idea, How about Showing the HP of the player Nameplate (Scoreboard and Nameplate),

Would be fun when u play vanilla ^^

Account inactive since 11/8
.. Although i sometimes visit :3...

The client doesn't know the health of other people. That's impossible (except if you use a modded server).

Not Luck, Just Magic.

And cheating is not fun yikes

69 (edited by Landil 2010-07-10 22:01:34)

http://duneudne.free.fr/source/gamer_screenshots/arrows_new.png Hej dune, here are the reworked gfx. If you want this post to be deleted, simply report this post.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Even if there are some fixes to do about their size, they look really nice but... why did you invert the place of the red and blue arrows ? big_smile
And, let your post on the forum, then people can test those arrows themselves and give us feedback smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Thanks to Landil for the new reworked arrows, there will be in the pack of the next version. smile
I finished programming the 16 features I wanted to do (see first port), it's currently in private beta testing.

Chi11y wrote:

Please start sending in patches. The devs are really looking for people who are able to help. How are they supposed to get to know you if you never show them what you are capable of? smile I'm pretty sure some of the patches could be useful for official.

I tried to understand how github is working but... it's for the 0.6 source code isn't it ? My client is based on 0.5.2, so my patches won't work...

Not Luck, Just Magic.

could you change something in the callvote admin layer?

The mute button doesn't work because it only writes mute id not mute id time.. or is this for pure gametypes?

i changed it from

if(ui_do_button(&mute_button, "Mute", 0, &button, ui_draw_menu_button, 0))
        {
            if(callvote_selectedplayer >= 0 && callvote_selectedplayer < MAX_CLIENTS &&
                    gameclient.snap.player_infos[callvote_selectedplayer])
            {
                str_format(buf, sizeof(buf), "rcon mute %d", callvote_selectedplayer);
                console_execute_line(buf);
            }
        }

to

if(ui_do_button(&mute_button, "Mute", 0, &button, ui_draw_menu_button, 0))
        {
            if(callvote_selectedplayer >= 0 && callvote_selectedplayer < MAX_CLIENTS &&
                    gameclient.snap.player_infos[callvote_selectedplayer])
            {
                str_format(buf, sizeof(buf), "rcon mute %d %d", callvote_selectedplayer, ban_time);
                console_execute_line(buf);
            }
        }

and

ui_vsplit_l(&bottom, 10.0f, &bottom, &button);
        ui_do_label(&button, "Ban time:", 15.0f, -1);
        // ui_vsplit_r(&button, 100.0f, &button, 0);

to

ui_vsplit_l(&bottom, 10.0f, &bottom, &button);
        ui_do_label(&button, "Ban/Mute\ntime:", 15.0f, -1);
        // ui_vsplit_r(&button, 100.0f, &button, 0);

it's the easiest way to fix it i think

A little suggestion. Maybe you should add a button for toggling your function to show entites in map wink

Goodbye all. Account inactive since March 2011.

Frogh wrote:

could you change something in the callvote admin layer?

The mute button doesn't work because it only writes mute id not mute id time.. or is this for pure gametypes?

Would be too big for some resolutions to make a button ban/mute, but I will implement this for the next version, and the ban time will be the mute time.

A little suggestion. Maybe you should add a button for toggling your function to show entites in map

Not enough place, but you already can bind it. In next version there will be a toggle_full_clear command so that you don't have to use two binds wink

Not Luck, Just Magic.

75 (edited by Dune 2010-07-13 13:34:39)

Released v3.0

What's new ?

> Done some little improves for the humiliation system
Now, when you're on a 10-killed spree you hear a tee crying, (the tee cries more if you're on a 15-killed spree and so on).

> Fixed some little bugs everywhere
Mute function, settings...

> Print percent of loaded servers in the server browser
I think this is very useful when you're looking for somebody or an unic server, to see how much servers have been loaded, because most of the time you don't know if you have waited long enough, if there is no result because the guy is offline or just because the wanted server hasn't been yet loaded.
It's also kinda useful in the friends tab.
http://duneudne.free.fr/source/gamer_screenshots/3.0/server_loading.png

> Ingame server browser
You now can take a look to the server list ingame ! This will simply make you winning a lot of time, and you'll be able to tell your teammate if there is a server with the new race map you want to show him, or just to know if it's worth to leave the actual server.
I was inspired by and got some code from the Teecomp++ modded client from EdgeCruSher.

http://duneudne.free.fr/source/gamer_screenshots/3.0/ingame_browser1.png

http://duneudne.free.fr/source/gamer_screenshots/3.0/ingame_browser2.png

> Chatlog
I used one time more the Teecomp++ code to implement a chat historic function. You can use UP and DOWN arrows while chatting to see the historic.

> Client-side mute function
I added a client-side mute function to stop listening some spamming players. Just be careful, if you don't get all the sense of a conversation, then you may have muted some of them ^^.

http://duneudne.free.fr/source/gamer_screenshots/3.0/mute.png

> Rework a bit the console colors
I deleted some too flashy random colors, reworked that.

http://duneudne.free.fr/source/gamer_screenshots/3.0/console_new_colors.png

> Implement a client-side remote console cleaning
You now have an option (to enable in the settings of course), to filter out unimportant debugs in the remote console, like the pickups, the datafile loading, the masterserver registering. You just don't see them in the rcon if you enable this option.

> Add a tee pic in original size in the editor
Wanna have an idea of the size of a real tee while mapping ? Hold Ctrl+C (well, I did my best so that it looks like a tee, been working on that 3 hours during ^^).

> Make it compatible with others resolutions
You know can play the gamer on 1024x768 without any graphic bug.

> Add a doublequote system to look for exact gametypes
If you put the gametype into doublequotes, it will only look for this exact gametype. Example: if you write: "CTF", the client will filter out the iCTF servers. Notice that it is not case sensitive.

http://duneudne.free.fr/source/gamer_screenshots/3.0/exact_gametypes.png

> Keyboard arrows to scroll through the server list
You can use UP, DOWN, PAGEUP, PAGEDOWN (faster), or HOME/END to go the beginning or the end.

> Added a command to show friends
Just put show_friends in f1 to dump all your friends. Useful when you don't remember exactly the name of a friend you want to remove.

> Reworked arrows to make them more intuitive
You may have already seen it in my previous post, Landil reworked the arrows in something more intuitive. I also fixed some little alignment problems.
http://duneudne.free.fr/source/gamer_screenshots/arrows_new.png

> Add an account system that shows you your CTF stats
Hehe... I kept the best for the end !
Based on the Teecomp stats I had already implemented since the 1.0, I've implemented a statistic account system.
You can enable/disable it, and choose to use it only for vanilla games or for all CTF-like and DM-like games.

Pics are better than text, so here we go:

http://duneudne.free.fr/source/gamer_screenshots/3.0/stats.png
P.S.: Yeah I know I'm crap, but the server was so damn laggy big_smile

Edit: With more games, and all the weapons: smile
http://duneudne.free.fr/source/gamer_screenshots/3.0/better_stats.png

Downloads (v3.0)
Windows pack (.rar)
Windows pack (.zip)
Mac pack (.zip)

Edit: Mac link updated.

Have fun!
Dunedune.