1 (edited by Snew 2008-01-28 19:04:54)

Topic: TUX on LSD (massive graphics error!!)

Hi folks,
i just want to try out this cool game, but it doesn't work at all! http://ubuntuusers.de/paste/31796/
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5818/screenshot0001nq5.th.png

So its not right possible to play. Any ideas?

lG,
Snew

EDIT: System is set up correctly. Means Warsow and TC:E runs smoothly (correct word for it?)

Re: TUX on LSD (massive graphics error!!)

That is common error, seen when you don't run teewars from its directory. What I mean? Just that:

sball@darkstar:/$ /usr/local/games/teewars/teewars
(you get color rectangles)
sball@darkstar:/$ cd /usr/local/games/teewars
sball@darkstar:/usr/local/games/teewars$ ./teewars
(it runs correctly)

Hope it helped.

Take a look at my posts with ideas:
Hammer+charge * Headshots smile * Yet Another Energy Gun * Map scrolling

Problem solved. Thank you very much! Does this game use OS sound?

lG,
Snew

4 (edited by snowball 2008-01-28 20:25:26)

Snew, come to #teewars at irc.quakenet.org, we can help you there a little more.
And read the Docs carefully, answers to your questions are already there:
Quote from that one:

Depending on what you are building, you will need different dependencies. Python is required for anything to build. For the server there are no other dependencies. The client depends on alsa (asound), gl, glu and X11.

Edit: this post won't get deleted by me, since I added ALSA info
Edit2: please be more specific about the problem in the topic name (add keywords like 'color rectangles') and tag [solved] to it, since it'll help people looking for info on that topic later on.
Edit3: sorry, it seems like this forum engine doesn't allow one changing name of the topic after it's set, so ignore the [solved] part

Take a look at my posts with ideas:
Hammer+charge * Headshots smile * Yet Another Energy Gun * Map scrolling

5 (edited by Snew 2008-01-28 20:30:38)

Everything runs now how it should, thank you for your support. You're right, next time i will post a better topic, my fault. Cuz of the sound i just asked, cause in the main screen there was no sound and i just tested the game now. Graphik works, Sound works, all very nice!

lG,
Snew

EDIT: but the thing that i dont understand: why didnt it run from the first time? I unzipped it and clicked the teewars, and the error occured. I solved it now with a shell script with your description. But in my Linux forum there are already many people playing this game, without anytime mentioned same error... But im happy it works now ;-) .... And sorry for my awful english, im german >-<

Your first problem is due to your file browser not setting the correct working directory when running teewars.

Languages shapes the way we think, or don't.

my friend has been having the same problems on windows box, is there a similar remedy for it?