1 (edited by zero57 2009-05-16 21:03:24)

Topic: [SOLVED]How do you put skins in a folder in arch linux?

How do you put skins in the teeworlds folder in arch linux? I'm still very new to teeworlds and arch linux.... All i know is that windows is easier to understand the arch linux sad just look for the folder in windows and put the file in data or whatever. But in arch linux..... I don't know what to do . So all im saying is how do you put skins in the tee worlds folder in arch linx.

I know this is a noob question but im still very new to both things, archlinux and teeworlds.

Thx for all the help!!!

Re: [SOLVED]How do you put skins in a folder in arch linux?

In your homefolder should be a folder called ".teeworlds" (it's hidden).
Put the skin(s) in the folder "skins" in this folder. This way you have the skin even when you change the version or reinstall.

aka cheesy

grummi wrote:

In your homefolder should be a folder called ".teeworlds" (it's hidden).
Put the skin(s) in the folder "skins" in this folder. This way you have the skin even when you change the version or reinstall.

I don't see it.... When i click the start menu thing and go all the way to the computers tab thing and click home folder. All i could see is Desktop folder in it and screen configurations.xml and wget.log.

You sure that u r talking about arch linux? cuz im using that. Im not using ubuntu or any other. JUst arch linux.

Please help someone! sad

P.S.: Im not using Ubuntu

I don't know if I am right, but it should be the same folder-structure in Arch.

Depending on what desktop environment you use, pressing Ctrl+H might make the file visible.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

Chi11y wrote:

Depending on what desktop environment you use, pressing Ctrl+H might make the file visible.

Aww i thought this would work sad I went to my home folder and pressed Ctrl+H but doesn't show any thing sad Oh ya on arch linux i didn't download it through the page. I used The terminal from arch linux.

In the terminal type

cd ~/.teeworlds/

If you downloaded/saved some skins in the Folder skins in your homedirectory, type this to copy the skins to your teeworlds-folder:

cp ~/skins/*.png ~/.teeworlds/skins/

Ctrl + H should work in Nautilus (the GNOME file browser).
Alt + . could work in KDE. Or search for an option called "Show hidden files"/"Show all files" or something similar.

aka cheesy

8 (edited by zero57 2009-05-16 13:11:13)

grummi wrote:

In the terminal type

cd ~/.teeworlds/

If you downloaded/saved some skins in the Folder skins in your homedirectory, type this to copy the skins to your teeworlds-folder:

cp ~/skins/*.png ~/.teeworlds/skins/

Ctrl + H should work in Nautilus (the GNOME file browser).
Alt + . could work in KDE. Or search for an option called "Show hidden files"/"Show all files" or something similar.

K thx man i got the skins. All i had to do was go to my home folder and press Alt + . and it shows me the hidden files. So i went to the teeworlds file and made a new skins folder and putted my skin in there big_smile.  I also putted the game file thing. You know the weapons .png thing where it shows the hammer and all. Well yeah. Thx!

Oh yeah grummi i love your angel skin  and ur cheese skin im gonna use them. See you in teeworlds.

If i do see u.