Topic: 0.3.2 worked near perfectly, 0.3.3 is unplayable

I mentioned it in the news section, but I guess the proper place is here. Too me, 0.3.3 is a disaster. The pings may look better, but response times are way worse and nothing seems too happen when I expect it too.

For instance, shots originate not from where my gun is, but from where it were a moment ago. That used too happen before when pings were somewhat bad, but now it happens all the time. I´m fairly certain that´s not the only thing wrong, but it´s hard too put my finger on exactly what´s going on.

I changed absolutely nothing on my computer between 0.3.2 and 0.3.3, and 0.3.2 was absolutely awesome. Thus I can only conclude that 0.3.3 added several serious flaws.

Too me, Teewars is unplayable right now. And I love Teewars, so that is saying something.

Tend too this, please.

I use Windows xp home edition.

Re: 0.3.2 worked near perfectly, 0.3.3 is unplayable

We made some interim fixes for 0.3.3, but (as it says in the release news post) we can't do more without breaking network protocol. Matricks could probably explain more about the 0.3.3 changes, so I'll pass the mic.

There are some pretty heavy network rewrites coming in 0.4, so be patient. If you found it easier to play in 0.3.2, stick with that for the time being.

teetow wrote:

There are some pretty heavy network rewrites coming in 0.4, so be patient. If you found it easier to play in 0.3.2, stick with that for the time being.

Can you provide any sort of time frame for a 0.4 release? Days? Weeks? Months?

I like mapping for Teewars, but since I've heard the format is going to change, I don't feel like starting something before I know what all the new features will be in 0.4! But, if I knew it was months away, then I could create a new map or two while I wait wink

I want to answer this question, but doing so in a quick post isn't doable. I will answer it when I get home and can write a proper lengthy answer to what you might feel and how we should fix it.

munyul wrote:
teetow wrote:

Can you provide any sort of time frame for a 0.4 release? Days? Weeks? Months?

I like mapping for Teewars, but since I've heard the format is going to change, I don't feel like starting something before I know what all the new features will be in 0.4! But, if I knew it was months away, then I could create a new map or two while I wait wink

Well, I would say 4-8 weeks. It really depends on how much time we can spend on doing it and how much we want in there.

matricks wrote:

Well, I would say 4-8 weeks. It really depends on how much time we can spend on doing it and how much we want in there.

Thanks for the response. In that case, it sounds like it wouldn't hurt to create another map or two... I might start tonight wink

munyul wrote:
matricks wrote:

Thanks for the response. In that case, it sounds like it wouldn't hurt to create another map or two... I might start tonight wink

The new editor can load old maps, the client can't however. But it will be quite easy to convert the maps into the new format and add the extras.

matricks wrote:

The new editor can load old maps, the client can't however. But it will be quite easy to convert the maps into the new format and add the extras.

And for that we thank you all big_smile

Used to be very active waay back

Not that I don´t appreciate the info, but most of the things said here should have been said under some other headline.

Just realised that it works just as bad when I play 0.3.2 on 0.3.2 servers. I´m absolutely positive that it worked better before the 0.3.3 release, but now it doesn´t seem tied too versions anymore. I don´t get it... sad

What could possibly have changed? Some masterserver routine? Something on my computer? Some config error occuring when downloading a new teewarsversion? Anyone who can make sense of it?

Don't know. But I'm in the process of doing a large post about the evolution of the teewars networking and where I will take it next.

Solved it. Removed every trace of teewars from the computer, including the config directory, and then redownloaded 0.3.3. Now it works like a charm smile.

So it was probably some wierd config error, no idea what caused it.