Topic: Gametype: Duel/Tournament

Just playd the game and how amazed I was, simpel, clean, and fun I must say congrats developers smile

But though I enjoyd most when I playd 1vs1 on some DM servers (befor after a few min 4+ guys connected T_T). So Im suggesting mabey a gamtype of duel or Tournament (or both?).

Re: Gametype: Duel/Tournament

there are multiple servers hosting 1v1. check the max client limit, and take one with 2

Used to be very active waay back

ooh, thx!

PetShopp wrote:

But though I enjoyd most when I playd 1vs1 on some DM servers (befor after a few min 4+ guys connected T_T). So Im suggesting mabey a gamtype of duel or Tournament (or both?).

I agree, a dedicated tournament mode (sv_gametype=tourney) would be great! The idea would be to set the player size (sv_max_clients=4), which would allow 4 players to connect to the server, but only 2 will be able to join the game! The last two to connect will remain in spectator mode until the round is finished. The winner gets to keep playing, the loser becomes a spectator and the player sitting longest in the spectator queue becomes the new challenger.

Possible Server Settings:
sv_name=Simple Tournament Server
sv_gametype=tourney
sv_timelimit=3
sv_max_clients=4
sv_warmup=10
sv_map=mvtwdm02

Also, it would be way cool if spectators could toggle views, to follow the player of their choice. Would mean that I could sit back and relax, while still being able to watch all the action in a game, without having the chase the players around with the camera.

[quote=munyul
I agree, a dedicated tournament mode (sv_gametype=tourney) would be great! The idea would be to set the player size (sv_max_clients=4), which would allow 4 players to connect to the server, but only 2 will be able to join the game! The last two to connect will remain in spectator mode until the round is finished. The winner gets to keep playing, the loser becomes a spectator and the player sitting longest in the spectator queue becomes the new challenger.

Possible Server Settings:
sv_name=Simple Tournament Server
sv_gametype=tourney
sv_timelimit=3
sv_max_clients=4
sv_warmup=10
sv_map=mvtwdm02

Also, it would be way cool if spectators could toggle views, to follow the player of their choice. Would mean that I could sit back and relax, while still being able to watch all the action in a game, without having the chase the players around with the camera.

Or also in tourney have simultaneous matches there the winners advance to the final rounds